Will RCL let you rebook to take advantage of promotion

Booked on AOS for August 2015 sailing. Would like to rebook to take advantage of their new promotion (cabin price would be lower and we would get half off the alcohol package). Will RCI let me do this?

Thanks!

Edited by jlas000

I am working with my TA now. I have a 10 night cruise booked for April 2016. My TA called Royal - they raised the rate to $147 MORE than our current booking BUT the savings will net $53 for us............

It's definitely worth calling - did you book yourself or through a TA?

Booked on AOS for August 2015 sailing. Would like to rebook to take advantage of their new promotion (cabin price would be lower and we would get half off the alcohol package). Will RCI let me do this?

Thanks!

As long as you booked your cruise in North America then yes. The cruise will be repriced at the current rates so make sure you are still coming out ahead by doing this.

Booked through a UK TA.

Cancelled a cruise to rebook same cruise, same room and added $100 OBC, Select Drinks Package and Gratuities in a promotion; still saved £150 on cruise total after losing original deposit.

Edited by NorbertsNiece

First did you book thru RCCL? If so and you haven't made your final payment you can call them and mention the lower price and they will give it to you. If you went thru a TA call them and tell them to call and notify you if you did/didn't get the reduced rate.

First did you book thru RCCL? If so and you haven't made your final payment you can call them and mention the lower price and they will give it to you. If you went thru a TA call them and tell them to call and notify you if you did/didn't get the reduced rate.

Just to clarify, it doesn't matter if you've made your final payment, in other words, paid in full. What matters is if your final payment due date hasn't passed.

• 1 month later...

Our cruise has gone down in price. We have paid deposit only and have over 150 days to sail - so can cancel without losing deposit.

RC told travel agent that we can cancel and rebook, but if RC run a report and find we cancelled and rebooked they will invoice us the difference.

My thought is to cancel as it looks like worst case scenario is paying what we were originally quoted.

We were interested to see whether others cancelled/rebooked and whether they were invoiced the difference.

We are using a travel agent and are in New Zealand.

Also, I called RC and they told me the same thing!

Edited by beadshopper

I did cancel and rebook my Oct cruise to take advantage of the tax free sale. No extra charges, same cabin and reapplied same deposit. Then again yesterday saw another cabin open up in different category I really wanted so TA was able to just upgrade my room, same reservation number (and no extra deposit requested). Definitely worth looking into.

Costs nothing to ask.

Our cruise has gone down in price. We have paid deposit only and have over 150 days to sail - so can cancel without losing deposit.

RC told travel agent that we can cancel and rebook, but if RC run a report and find we cancelled and rebooked they will invoice us the difference.

My thought is to cancel as it looks like worst case scenario is paying what we were originally quoted.

We were interested to see whether others cancelled/rebooked and whether they were invoiced the difference.

We are using a travel agent and are in New Zealand.

Also, I called RC and they told me the same thing!

Rebook but don't cancel, put the second passenger first on the new reservation, then wait a while and cancel. I know you will have to pay another deposit, but you should get your original deposit back if you finally cancel before your penalty.