Oranjestad Trolley

Geo&Ver

The Oranjestad Trolley in Aruba is free and a nice way to see the area. Hop on/off along the shopping district. The trolley runs from the cruise ship dock area over to one of the shopping malls and travels along the main streets when many stores are located. The trolley is open air and some are double deckers.

• 3 months later...

Thanks, great info.

Was especially interested that the street Betico Croes is now pedestrian only.

For all the times I've visited Aruba, I don't think I've ever been on this street, will have to check it out.

I know some of you are using Trikes- Aruba as an excursion. I saw this coupon and I thought maybe some of you could use it. I wasn't sure how you booked the excursion, because this coupon states you have to book directly with them.

http://digital.nightspublications.com/pdf/A_Offer_Trikes-Aruba.pdf

http://nightspublications.com/aruba/offers/activities/10-trikes-aruba

I hope the link works. Good luck.

• 1 month later...
The Oranjestad Trolley in Aruba is free and a nice way to see the area. Hop on/off along the shopping district. The trolley runs from the cruise ship dock area over to one of the shopping malls and travels along the main streets when many stores are located. The trolley is open air and some are double deckers.

Thank you for sharing!! Great information! :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Although it is definitely worthwhile taking a free ride on the Oranjestad trolley, there are areas of Oranjestad where the trolley doesn't go. I'd suggest, for example, that you take a stroll along the marina and by the oceanfront park. Oranjestad is really lovely!

We took the local bus to Palm Beach and thoroughly enjoyed it. It's supposed to be one of the best beaches in the Caribbean.

http://aruba-island.com/oranjestad/

The Trolley runs every 25 minutes between 10 AM and 5 PM from the cruise terminal through the city centre. It passed by various museums etc but does not go near the seashore.

The best nearby beach is Palm Beach. You can catch the local bus from the central bus station located just outside the cruise terminal gate for $2 return. The bus trip takes 10-15 minutes in each direction. Alternatively, you could take a taxi.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for that! I had no idea Aruba has an Archaeological Museum. We were just going to wander around town (3rd trip coming up to aruba, but never have done the downtown before). Now I have a plan.

Edited by Kate-AHF