MSC's New Voyager Club

Mikesa1721

So there really is no incentive any longer after July 19th to become a Black card member of MSC, most people had the 20% discount as the main incentive for reaching that level with the few other things thrown in and now they are going to remove anything you have earned if you have not cruised with them for 3 years after your last cruise with them!

Another disincentive to want to actually go back.

Does anyone know if you remain at the same level as you are now under the new system ? will the conversion of previous points equal the new points system level ie Gold for Gold, Black for Black ?

So there really is no incentive any longer after July 19th to become a Black card member of MSC, most people had the 20% discount as the main incentive for reaching that level with the few other things thrown in and now they are going to remove anything you have earned if you have not cruised with them for 3 years after your last cruise with them!

Another disincentive to want to actually go back.

Does anyone know if you remain at the same level as you are now under the new system ? will the conversion of previous points equal the new points system level ie Gold for Gold, Black for Black ?

It's really the same point structure for each level, just multiplied by 100. Your current points will be multiplied by 100 in accordance with the new point structure.

It's really the same point structure for each level, just multiplied by 100. Your current points will be multiplied by 100 in accordance with the new point structure.

You'd have to wonder what's the point? I mean, it's going to be more confusing with those bloomin' noughts on the end of the numbers :mad: I have 138 points at the moment. I'm now going to have to think of them as 13,800!!

I've just done a calculation on my Oct cruise. PV (pre-Voyager) I would earn 17 points for the cruise and 18 for (planned) onboard spend - 35 total. AV (after-Voyager) it looks like I'll get 1000 for the cruise and 2400 for obs. So, while I'll lose on the basis of number of nights, I'll gain as the amount spent to qualify for points is reduced from 200 to 150 Euros/dollars - 3600 total.

Looking at the current club and then the new one it appears that there is no discounts shown as in previous club for photos, spa treatments, logo shop, Mini Bar, Speciality restaurants, Laundry and Internet, Dinner with a member of staff.

Just my opinion but it would have been better to keep the previous discounts but change the silver and gold to 10 and 15% instead of 8 and 10%.

Under the current system I would get 7 points for a 7 night cruise taking me to 99 points and with on board spend to over 100 regardless of what cabin was booked and what level ie Bella Fantastica etc, after the 19th July if I booked a Bella level cabin I would have to spend more onboard in order to get the same number of points!

Edited by sidari

Looking at the current club and then the new one it appears that there is no discounts shown as in previous club for photos, spa treatments, logo shop, Mini Bar, Speciality restaurants, Laundry and Internet, Dinner with a member of staff.

Just my opinion but it would have been better to keep the previous discounts but change the silver and gold to 10 and 15% instead of 8 and 10%.

Under the current system I would get 7 points for a 7 night cruise taking me to 99 points and with on board spend to over 100 regardless of what cabin was booked and what level ie Bella Fantastica etc, after the 19th July if I booked a Bella level cabin I would have to spend more onboard in order to get the same number of points!

It looks like the emphasis is on increasing onboard spending. The price drop on the Allegrissimo package (mustn't be selling well?), the loss of discounts on services etc as you've outlined and the extra incentive of less spend to qualify for each point all seem to add up to that. Add in the drop in discount on the cruise price to 5% for all levels which will increase the cost and the fewer points for the cruise length, I think MSC have really discouraged their customers from remaining loyal.

I've made a copy of the old perks and highlighted in YELLOW what is detrimental (IMHO) and what is an enhancement in BLUE. THere is an awful lot more Yellow than Blue and most of it affects the BLACK card Holders, Their most loyal guests??

not a good way to retain loyalty:mad::mad:

The obvious enhancement is the points for OBS.

One interesting change is detrimental for Black card holders (because Gold now get it) and an enhancement for Gold that is proirity tendering.

It's bad for Black as there will now be much bigger queues for tenders.

IMG.jpg

The loss of all the discounts and you get a chocolate ship in return is laughable.

Pette

Edited by Skier52

Pete ... Hopefully the discounts may have been an omission mistake, but there really for me is no incentive to move to a Black card and in fact no real incentive to cruise in the future with MSC. Looks like it may be back to RCL in the future and to work on getting beyond our Platinum status.

As you say they have really stuffed the loyal black card holders good style and a dance lesson or a chocolate boat is hardly going to bring people in, people are not going to spend more on the ship when the discounts have been taken away for the likes of the Laundry etc.

Pete ... Hopefully the discounts may have been an omission mistake, but there really for me is no incentive to move to a Black card and in fact no real incentive to cruise in the future with MSC. Looks like it may be back to RCL in the future and to work on getting beyond our Platinum status.

As you say they have really stuffed the loyal black card holders good style and a dance lesson or a chocolate boat is hardly going to bring people in, people are not going to spend more on the ship when the discounts have been taken away for the likes of the Laundry etc.

I'll be looking to RCI in the future as I have Diamond status with them, Diamond+ is a long way off

I've got 83 points, so need another 93 to get there :eek::eek::eek:

Pete

Sooooo please educate me.

I am a newbie on MSC. Have a YC booked. That gives me 1500 points. I will not get that until after my 1st cruise which will make me a classic. After 2nd cruise sailing in YC I will be a silver. After 3rd a Gold, then after 7 a Black.

I think those are fast for achieving each level. Good thing the price is half or better then the other cruise lines for the suite life.

A higher discount % at each level would be nice, but business is business I guess.

Lets hope I like my first experience so I can book more on MSC. With my other bookings already in place on other cruise lines, the Seaside might just be my next booking, regardless of this program. Heck, it sounds like the YC is a great perk by itself, with all it offers, at these prices.

I am a newbie on MSC. Have a YC booked. That gives me 1500 points. I will not get that until after my 1st cruise which will make me a classic. After 2nd cruise sailing in YC I will be a silver. After 3rd a Gold, then after 7 a Black.

I think those are fast for achieving each level. Good thing the price is half or better then the other cruise lines for the suite life.

A higher discount % at each level would be nice, but business is business I guess.

Lets hope I like my first experience so I can book more on MSC. With my other bookings already in place on other cruise lines, the Seaside might just be my next booking, regardless of this program. Heck, it sounds like the YC is a great perk by itself, with all it offers, at these prices.

Fire,,,,you need 10,000 points to achieve Black Level which would amount to 7, 7 night sailings in the Yacht Club,,,

Screen%20Shot%202015-07-08%20at%209.14.00%20AM_zpsvbudg5co.png

Edited by Mikesa1721

Quote:

Originally Posted by FireEater viewpost.gif

Those calculations are correct if you have no on board spend and go on 7 night cruises in the YC

However OBS gets 100 points for each $150 spend , so you'll probably get to BLACK quicker than 7 cruises

6 x 7 night cruises in the YC with at least a total OBS of $1500 (5 x £300 per cruise) would give you BLACK

Pete

Last edited by Skier52; Today at 01:08 AM.

progress.gifedit.gif quote.gif multiquote_off.gif quickreply.gif

Skier52View Public ProfileFind all posts by Skier52Add Skier52 to Your Contacts

Edited by Skier52

My wife and I are both 'Silver Members' and she is 4 points off getting 'Gold'. Working backwards under the new Voyager Club rules she would be a Gold Member now with 5100pts (1 x 7 night cruise in YC & 1 x 20 night in YC + on board spend).

BUT instead of a 10% discount we would now only get 5%.

It is good that you get more points in YC (like the frequent flyer programs give 50% bonus for Business Class & 100% for First) but the downgrade in benefits + the reduced discount are disappointing. No discounts for on board shopping.

Do all MSC cruises count towards MSC Voyagers Club points?

Most cruises contribute towards your points balance unless otherwise specified. With promotional departures, it is important to clarify this during the booking process. It is possible that for promotional reasons, MSC Voyagers Club points might not be awarded for a particular cruise. No points will be issued for MSC Specials promotions.

The more I read the 'Terms & Conditions" the worse it seems to get .....

I've just come across this in the FAQ section, Dave:

What is the On Board Special Offers booklet?

The On board Special Offers booklet features a set of offers and discounts on selected products and services offered on board. It is exclusive to Classic, Silver, Gold and Black members and will be delivered to their cabin. On board Special Offers are not available for MSC Voyagers Club members under 18.

Are there any differences across ships, countries or memberships in the On-Board Special Offers Booklet?

Yes, offers included in the On Board Special Offers booklet may vary according to the cruise, level of membership or destination.

Do I need to ask the onboard staff for MSC Voyagers Club benefits?

You will be recognised as part of the MSCVoyagers Club and most benefits will be provided without the need of requesting them.Still,it is important that you always have your Voyagers Club Card with you when on board or booking your cruise as most benefits will be provided to you by showing your Voyagers Club Card.

Edited by Beamafar

After 19 July next, the discount for clubcard members will be 5% regardless of clubcard level. For Black card holders that's a pretty steep drop from 20%!

MSC are a good but not great product. They are NOT my goto cruise line.

I would NEVER choose MSC because of discount - the itinerary has to work.

I like others will consider other cruise lines.

Annie

Pete, after all your work on the "All the Info" thread, the clubcard info will be obsolete after Sunday week!

OH WELL!! some you lose , some you win!!

I've lost on that one but I win on the Mervaiglia boooking I've been trying to make,

i have managed to get through to MSC and got a YC cabin for a Sept 2017 sailing and got the 20% discount :):)

Pete

PS

I might put up the new info and ask Andy , the host, whether he can edit the new onfo into the original post and delete the old info. does that sound like a plan to you???

Bea ... It is one thing to put it into print that the discounts are available but what they are not saying is what those discounts are! people who are not happy need to voice their concerns on the MSC facebook page.

Bea ... It is one thing to put it into print that the discounts are available but what they are not saying is what those discounts are! people who are not happy need to voice their concerns on the MSC facebook page.

I would Sidari but I don't do Fb. :wink:

Are we really surprised though??

Some bean counter has done the Maths and they have to pay for these new ships somehow.

I am quite content to vote with my wallet.

Annie