MSC's New Voyager Club

Mikesa1721

This is done by providing points based on the inclusive experience chosen (Bella, Fantastica, Aurea or Yacht Club) + length of cruise,

Mike ... It may be worth asking how giving someone who has booked 2 back to back 7 night cruises more points than someone who has booked say a 20 night cruise! I would be interested to hear their response to that one and how they justify it.

That's an interesting question regarding Grand Voyages Sidari. One would think the points would double right?? I'll ask MSC that question,,,I'm quite interested in their response as well.

Not quite true, Mike. A Fantastica inside cabin costs less than a Bella balcony, yet will garner more points because it's a higher "Experience", so that defeats that argument!!! Someone has got that one badly wrong.

I posed the question on another thread wondering if there'd be a rush to book by Black card holders before the loss of the 20% discount on personally chosen itineraries. The feedback I've got from those in the industry here is they've been inundated with bookings, but also others dithering, not quite sure what they want, but wanting to take advantage of the perk.

On the subject of there being just one complaint on MSC US Facebook - I wonder how many people actually know about the introduction of the Voyager Club. I know that it was mentioned on here a while ago by another poster before it was introduced but I wouldn't have known the date or the changes if it hadn't been for you posting the info. As it happens, I'd made my bookings before then so at least it wasn't a driving factor in my case.

I posted the information regarding the new Voyagers Club to a couple of different MSC FB groups last week and not one single response or comment about the change were posted. MSC USA told me that an e-mail was supposed to be sent to existing club members, but I haven't received one yet.

I posted the information regarding the new Voyagers Club to a couple of different MSC FB groups last week and not one single response or comment about the change were posted. MSC USA told me that an e-mail was supposed to be sent to existing club members, but I haven't received one yet.

I got a notification a while back after the terrorist attack in the museum in Tunis, advising that the port was being removed from itineraries. It's the only "news" email I've ever received. There won't be much point getting notification of the new club benefits after next Sunday :rolleyes:

That's an interesting question regarding Grand Voyages Sidari. One would think the points would double right?? I'll ask MSC that question,,,I'm quite interested in their response as well.

I'll be losing out on the point per day on the Oct Divina repo. It's a 17 night cruise - I'll get 1000 points instead of 17(00). However, as you get points for multiples of €150 OBS instead of €200 I'll gain in the onboard spend category.

I've always felt that points should be awarded according to the category of cabin you booked. Since they're going to award on the "Experience" booked basis, someone paying less for a Fantastica inside will get more points than one who pays more for a Bella balcony ............... that's topsy-turvy stuff, just like what Sidari is saying re the Grand Voyage vs B2B!!!!

Unfortunately Sidari the point earnings for Grand Voyages fall under the 10+ night category so you will only earn those points. I just received a reply back from MSC and there are no provisions in the current structure of the new Voyagers Club program which would allow for higher point earnings while sailing a Grand Voyage. :(:mad:

I'll be losing out on the point per day on the Oct Divina repo. It's a 17 night cruise - I'll get 1000 points instead of 17(00). However, as you get points for multiples of €150 OBS instead of €200 I'll gain in the onboard spend category.

I've always felt that points should be awarded according to the category of cabin you booked. Since they're going to award on the "Experience" booked basis, someone paying less for a Fantastica inside will get more points than one who pays more for a Bella balcony ............... that's topsy-turvy stuff, just like what Sidari is saying re the Grand Voyage vs B2B!!!!

I think we were all thinking that Yacht Club bookings should earn one and a half or even double points because of the price compared to the other experience packages Bea. I don't think any of us could have imagined this type of structure though.

Mike ... Thanks for that, I doubt we will be booking any repo`s any time soon because there is no point in doing so when you can earn more points with 2 seven night cruises! in fact once anyone reaches Black there is no real reason to spend anything onboard unless you want to because the points actually mean nothing and there is nothing more to gain by collecting them!

We may do a seven night cruise just to get to Black but after that there is no reason to hand over any more money to MSC for onboard services.

Bea ... What you say just shows the stupidity of MSC, how can a Fantastica inside be given more points than a Bella Balcony that actually costs more ? the points should have been given for the type of cabin and not the experience but common sense it seems is something that the senior people at MSC do not have.

Mike ... Thanks for that, I doubt we will be booking any repo`s any time soon because there is no point in doing so when you can earn more points with 2 seven night cruises! in fact once anyone reaches Black there is no real reason to spend anything onboard unless you want to because the points actually mean nothing and there is nothing more to gain by collecting them!

We may do a seven night cruise just to get to Black but after that there is no reason to hand over any more money to MSC for onboard services.

Bea ... What you say just shows the stupidity of MSC, how can a Fantastica inside be given more points than a Bella Balcony that actually costs more ? the points should have been given for the type of cabin and not the experience but common sense it seems is something that the senior people at MSC do not have.

I have to wonder,,,are the people that are running this program ex Costa employees??? After reading some very angry responses on MSC's Italian FB page,,they seem to reference ex-Costa employees who are running the Voyagers Club show.

Mike ... I seem to recall a while back mention of some Costa senior manager moving to MSC either that or from Aida, was last year some time I think, regardless of who or where they came from they must be legends in their own minds if they believe they have improved the club with their stupid changes!

I cannot recall any other cruise line adding a new level at the bottom end rather than expand it so that customers have something to aim for, with the current changes as I said previous there is no reason for anyone to rack up points beyond a Black card.

Mike ... I seem to recall a while back mention of some Costa senior manager moving to MSC either that or from Aida, was last year some time I think, regardless of who or where they came from they must be legends in their own minds if they believe they have improved the club with their stupid changes!

I cannot recall any other cruise line adding a new level at the bottom end rather than expand it so that customers have something to aim for, with the current changes as I said previous there is no reason for anyone to rack up points beyond a Black card.

THIS IS THE GUY

FROM the MSC press area

GIANNI ONORATO APPOINTED NEW CEO OF MSC CRUISES

27/08/2013

Pierfrancesco Vago becomes Executive Chairman

MSC Cruises today announced that Gianni Onorato will become the new Chief Executive Officer of the company, effective 2 September 2013.

15042_100_200x220_tcm13-83352.jpg

With almost 30 years’ experience in the cruise industry, Onorato has a thorough understanding of the cruise business and extensive experience in senior executive leadership, serving as President of Costa Crociere for over nine years.

He graduated from the Istituto Orientale of Naples with a degree in Foreign Languages and Literatures in 1983, and specialized in business administration at SDA Bocconi in Milan and INSEAD in Fontainebleau.

I am thrilled to have been appointed to this exciting role and I am also particularly excited to move to Geneva, where the MSC Cruises headquarters is based,” said Onorato. “I will do everything I can to add value to the company and help MSC Cruises maximize its industry-leading position. I look forward to starting work with the management team in this significant moment of the company’s growth.”

Pierfrancesco Vago will continue to lead the privately held cruise company in the role of Executive Chairman, while scaling up the scope of his duties. From his new position he will also oversee all the other companies of the MSC group that have strategic relevance to the tourism sector.

Our company has gone through a period of rapid expansion, with ten new ships built in just under ten years, three new prototype classes of ship created and 45 offices opened around the globe. I am confident that the appointment of Gianni will consolidate our management structure, building on its existing strengths and boosting the company’s development plans even further.”

Vago has been driving MSC Cruises since 2003, when a 6 billion euro investment plan was put into place, transforming the company from ‘the new kids on the block’ to the world’s third largest cruise operator.

Onorato will be based in Geneva at the MSC Cruises headquarters. He will report to the MSC Board of Directors and to its Executive Chairman.

Edited by Skier52

Hello all! I'm a bit lost with all this new info.

I am now Silver member and had a 8% discount. I believe we still have some days to book for next year before it goes down to 5%? Is that so?

The new Voyagers Club is coming into effect tomorrow, El. It may mean that bookings after that date will only receive 5% discounts. However, MSC are saying that there will be "Specials" with up to another 15% off. Whether the intineraries or dates will be suitable or attractive is another matter!

Bea ... As you have already said those with 15% off will likely be in the Med in Winter and maybe on repo cruises which are no longer worth it in order to gain points unless you are at the lower end of the club.

Having booked up for the next two years, I now feel exhausted !

At least, it has given us the impetus to go for the repo'. South American and Caribbean cruises, plus finding an early booking cruise before our freebie on board credit vouchers ran out in August.

The very nice chap at MSC divulged that there were a lot of rather disgruntled members, last minute booking !

Having booked up for the next two years, I now feel exhausted !

At least, it has given us the impetus to go for the repo'. South American and Caribbean cruises, plus finding an early booking cruise before our freebie on board credit vouchers ran out in August.

The very nice chap at MSC divulged that there were a lot of rather disgruntled members, last minute booking !

Yes I was told the same by the girl who booked my two last week too. She went on to say she didn't blame us for being unhappy and had been advising anyone calling for quotes to book before the deadline.

Been looking at the new pricing structure and it looks like there is a standard fare of £459 for kids between 2 and 12, this may well affect family bookings.

In the UK 2016/2017 brochure all the Med cruises have flights (London, regional extra) included, so the £429 for 2 - 12year olds (on 7 - 9 night cruises) prices aren't that bad as they had to pay for flights before as well as port dues and taxes.

THe price is different for longer cruises, on the Black sea itinerary the price is £319 for 2 - 12yo (12 nights) and other 11 - 13 night cruises vary between £459 and £469 (flights included)

Cruise ex-Southhampton (or the German ports) 2 - 12yo £119 NO flights for German ports

Cruises around the Canaries 2 - 12yo £369 (Flights included)

Arabian Gulf more expensive (£649) Flights included (London, Manc. Glagow)

Caribbean £829 (Flights included)

So for kids 2-12yo the news isn't quite as bad as it first seems.

NB the kids only got the cruise element free in the past , flights and fees and taxes were extras to be paid for/

Pete

Edited by Skier52

So now that the Voyagers Club is official I noticed one thing was missing from the members benefits which once was listed at the beginning of this discussion,,,"PRIORITY EMBARKATION" is no longer listed as a Black Level benefit on the MSC USA site,,,I did see the pre-board options available on MSC UK which has it listed there however....

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/us_en/MSC-Voyagers-Club/Membership-Benefits.aspx

Edited by Mikesa1721

So now that the Voyagers Club is official I noticed one thing was missing from the members benefits which once was listed at the beginning of this discussion,,,"PRIORITY EMBARKATION" is no longer listed as a Black Level benefit on the MSC USA site,,,I did see the pre-board options available on MSC UK which has it listed there however....

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/us_en/MSC-Voyagers-Club/Membership-Benefits.aspx

Ooops ............... I've re-read your post, Mike and see that you'd already noticed the pre-board list on the UK site - so I've deleted my response.

I would imagine it may be an oversight as they're updating the website??

Edited by Beamafar

Ooops ............... I've re-read your post, Mike and see that you'd already noticed the pre-board list on the UK site - so I've deleted my response.

I would imagine it may be an oversight as they're updating the website??

Both,,,MSC UK and MSC USA still have the old club information and benefits listed so I hope this is just an oversight,,,I did message MSC USA for a clarification though,,,:)

Both,,,MSC UK and MSC USA still have the old club information and benefits listed so I hope this is just an oversight,,,I did message MSC USA for a clarification though,,,:)

We should soon be hearing from folk who've sailed under the new Club arrangements - assuming they'll come into effect from today/tomorrow! I wonder just how prepared are the crew across the fleet for the new system?

From what I can tell, the only negative impact from the changes to the benefits for my upcoming cruise is that I won't get champagne on arrival. As a bottle of (not great) Italian bubbly is already supplied in YC, that's one loss I'm not too pleased about :(

The upside is extra points for YC which may or may not count for anything unless and until a new, higher, tier is introduced! Of course, there's always the free photo, not forgetting the chocolate ship LOL AND a complimentary gift, not to mention the free dancing lesson. To misquote a popular advert "MSC, you're spoiling us"!!!! So much to look forward to :rolleyes:

We should soon be hearing from folk who've sailed under the new Club arrangements - assuming they'll come into effect from today/tomorrow! I wonder just how prepared are the crew across the fleet for the new system?

From what I can tell, the only negative impact from the changes to the benefits for my upcoming cruise is that I won't get champagne on arrival. As a bottle of (not great) Italian bubbly is already supplied in YC, that's one loss I'm not too pleased about :(

The upside is extra points for YC which may or may not count for anything unless and until a new, higher, tier is introduced! Of course, there's always the free photo, not forgetting the chocolate ship LOL AND a complimentary gift, not to mention the free dancing lesson. To misquote a popular advert "MSC, you're spoiling us"!!!! So much to look forward to :rolleyes:

I would expect you to get 2 bottles, one on arrival (YC perk) and one on another day (Black Card perk) In fact, for myself personally, I would expect 3 bottles as my OH is a Black card holder too.

Pete

Edited by Skier52