MSC's New Voyager Club

Mikesa1721

Bea ... There is no reason for you or anyone on a Black card to collect points, in fact there is little to no incentive for me on Gold and just 8 points short of Black to collect them either!

It is ridiculous that someone who books two 7 night cruises will get more points than someone doing an 18,19 or 20 plus night cruise ... :eek: However much MSC try to dress up these changes it is still a pile of !

I live in hope that MSC will introduce a new tier - I've named it Platinum in my fantasy world where MSC LUVS their loyal passengers and treats them accordingly. :cool:

Meanwhile, on Planet Earth, reality is just as you outline, Dave :(

Well got a really stupid response to my "question" that I posted on FB. It was a rant/complaint but they pretty much copied and pasted from the newsletter that I will be getting benefits onboard that will vary by ship and itineray blah blah and may not from my point of view add up to diddly squat!

Anyway as you'll see from my amended signature took the plunge today in the final week of my 20% discount to book an Eastern Med on the Orchestra next June and a year later the Meraviglia out of Naples. Discount on both over £900 of I'd waited to next week I'd only have been guaranteed a quarter of that. Sales agent said she was getting lots of people getting their bookings in before the change and she didn't blame any of us as it wasn't clear what the onboard perks would be nor how many cruises would be offered at an additional discount to members.

I wasn't that keen on the idea of the larger ships, but might as well hive it a try whilst I can still get it at a reasonable price!

Well got a really stupid response to my "question" that I posted on FB. It was a rant/complaint but they pretty much copied and pasted from the newsletter that I will be getting benefits onboard that will vary by ship and itineray blah blah and may not from my point of view add up to diddly squat!

Anyway as you'll see from my amended signature took the plunge today in the final week of my 20% discount to book an Eastern Med on the Orchestra next June and a year later the Meraviglia out of Naples. Discount on both over £900 of I'd waited to next week I'd only have been guaranteed a quarter of that. Sales agent said she was getting lots of people getting their bookings in before the change and she didn't blame any of us as it wasn't clear what the onboard perks would be nor how many cruises would be offered at an additional discount to members.

I wasn't that keen on the idea of the larger ships, but might as well hive it a try whilst I can still get it at a reasonable price!

I've seen that same reply on the UK, Italian, French, German MSC FB pages Amo,,obviously scripted. My PVC from MSC called me over the weekend to check up on me,,,love him!!!,,,,and he was telling me they are fully prepared to handle the mass of angry MSC USA pax that will be calling in to voice their opinions about the new club. The news hasn't been released yet here in the USA,,but I just know it's going to make news on every cruise message board out there!!!

I've seen that same reply on the UK, Italian, French, German MSC FB pages Amo,,obviously scripted. My PVC from MSC called me over the weekend to check up on me,,,love him!!!,,,,and he was telling me they are fully prepared to handle the mass of angry MSC USA pax that will be calling in to voice their opinions about the new club. The news hasn't been released yet here in the USA,,but I just know it's going to make news on every cruise message board out there!!!

It has taken them more than 10 years and a lot of money on marketing and discounts to get the brand even a little bit recognised and build up some repaet cruisers. All likely to go down the drain when the news breaks!

When is the news scheduled to be released in the US? Isn't it daft the. Delaying it anyway? In this day and age, if it is known in one country, it is known in them all.

With my 2 extra cruises booked today, I don't have to go on another until June 2020 to protect my status. Hopefully by the they will have had a rethink or brought out a higher tier that I'll qualify for.

It has taken them more than 10 years and a lot of money on marketing and discounts to get the brand even a little bit recognised and build up some repaet cruisers. All likely to go down the drain when the news breaks!

When is the news scheduled to be released in the US? Isn't it daft the. Delaying it anyway? In this day and age, if it is known in one country, it is known in them all.

With my 2 extra cruises booked today, I don't have to go on another until June 2020 to protect my status. Hopefully by the they will have had a rethink or brought out a higher tier that I'll qualify for.

Amo,,,I messaged MSC USA via their FB page and they told me that an e-mail was going to be sent out to all existing club members. When that happens?? I have no idea. I posted the information on one of the MSC Fan FB pages but it didn't get any responses. I have to think since MSC has only been in the North Maerican market a short time,,there will be very few Black members though.

Right now the UK website is a pile of Dross yet again!

Looks like no one is allowed to think for themselves in the MSC organisation as can be seen from the party line responses to complaints on their various useless websites.

Right now the UK website is a pile of Dross yet again!

Looks like no one is allowed to think for themselves in the MSC organisation as can be seen from the party line responses to complaints on their various useless websites.

Indeed it is Dave. Tried to book online today and it was saying that the cruise I was choosing didn't qualify for a discount! although it did last night. They also had a B2 listed as an Oceanview?? Wasn't sure which was right the B2 bit or the Ocean view. So I made my bookings by phone. I did get my full 20% along with the welcome deal and it was a balcony. Was getting ready to do battle as it looked liked they'd switched off the club discounts ahead of the date of the "new improved" club. MSC may as well keep telling themselves that, heck it is a huge improvement for them!

Hi Mairi .... I looked at 11.55pm last night and it came up with system busy! I looked earlier and it said the same! Nothing improves with MSC by the looks of it apart from the rhetoric and spin! must have Cameron working for them ... :D

After our Divina debacle I had an idea that MSC were incapable of moving forward or rewarding those people who in the main had previously remained loyal to them.

That's understandable as it's competing against the market there.

HAL, Celebrity and NCL have been/are currently offering very similar deals.

Regarding the quirky birthday offer, we actually had similar (but a bit more generous) in Feb/Mar this year.

I was actually feeling more positively towards MSC then than I am now.

I got a similar response, accentuating the positives i.e. that you now get more points for onboard spending.

They did acknowledge my complaint about the 3 year time frame, although still argued that "most" passengers travel within 3 years (yeah, "most" passengers are also from Europe too!), and have said they've referred that to "Head office."

I'm not optimistic.

I am another disappointed black member. I hope MSC reviews the discounts...

Now a question, are we automatically members of the new system or do we have to register some where?

I'm not 100% sure,,I received a message from our MSC representative here in the US and they told me we didn't need to do anything, that our current membership will roll over to the new one.

I am another disappointed black member. I hope MSC reviews the discounts...

Now a question, are we automatically members of the new system or do we have to register some where?

From the FAQs on the voyager club info

FAQS RELATED TO THE DISMISSED MSC CLUB

I am a member of MSC CLUB; what happens now?

You will always be a "valued ?"member of our Club. Only the conditions have changed, and for the better, we believe!

Will I keep my old benefits?

No, the new privileges will be applied according to your level of membership. Nevertheless, some benefits have been kept and others have been changed but many others have been added. Discover what is waiting for you.

I am a Classic, Silver, Gold, or Black member of the dismissed MSC CLUB; what happens now?

With the launch of MSC Voyagers Club you will keep your MSC CLUB level of membership and points. Your MSC CLUB level of membership will have a status validity date of 36 months starting from the launch date of the MSC Voyagers Club. At the end of the 36 months, if you have completed at least one cruise, your membership will remain valid.

Is there a possibility of being upgraded to a different level of membership in the MSC Voyagers Club?

No, but a minimum of one cruise completed every 36 months is required to maintain membership validity.

Will I keep my booking discount?

No, for all members booking a cruise after 19/07/2015, the new 5% Club discount will be applied.

What happens to my points?

All your points will remain. They will just be multiplied by 100 as we are introducing a new points system. You can check your updated points account by registering or logging into your online private area.

Does my Club Identification number change?

No, your Club Identification Number will remain the same.

Is my Club Card still valid?

Yes, it is. Nevertheless, you will always receive a Cruise Card at check-in featuring your Club Identification Number and level of membership.

Do I need to bring my old Club Card when I go on board?

This is no longer necessary. You will always receive an updated Cruise Card (Voyagers Club Card) on every cruise if your card number is correctly inserted during the booking.

I think it is quite clear that you don't have to re-register you will automatically be transferred

I confess to the emboldening, italisising, putting in the quotation marks and questioning the word "VALUED"

Pete

Edited by Skier52

From the FAQs on the voyager club info

I think it is quite clear that you don't have to re-register you will automatically be transferred

I confess to the emboldening, italisising, putting in the quotation marks and questioning the word "VALUED"

Pete

Thanks for the info Pete.

I'm surprised at the fact that MSC USA Facebook has only received one complaint about the new Voyagers Club. I suppose since MSC is relatively new here in the states, not many people have had a chance to get to Black Level yet.:confused:

So here is MSC USA response: MSC Cruises Hi *****, We definitely appreciate your ongoing loyalty to MSC and understand you have questions/concerns as we are updating our loyalty program. We strongly believe the new MSC Voyagers Club will offer more benefits for all of our guests. We’ve altered the program so that guests that spend the most with us are rewarded. This is done by providing points based on the inclusive experience chosen (Bella, Fantastica, Aurea or Yacht Club) + length of cruise, as well as on board spend – giving extra points to those who pre-pay for services. We’ve also implemented a new Voyages Selection program so that Black Card members can still receive an additional discount of up to 20% on a variety of sailings plus a $50 per person shipboard credit (meaning that depending on the sailing you’ll actually receive the same discount as you used to plus money to spend on board). Benefits will also include increased discounts on onboard items, such as spa treatments and cruise photographs and DVDs. And for Black Card members specifically, we’ll now allow the ability to choose either priority disembarkation or late checkout – allowing for more flexibility in the disembarkation process. Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Sounds like they are sorting it out in a good way, nice too see a company take action with a little blow back, have you seen what NCL is doing I won't be surprised if we see more jump ship to MSC

I've been following along the never ending saga which is NCL MrJoeBlack. I think their CEO is making some decisions that may bode well for their share holders,,but unfortunately not for their passengers. They have a good product and it's a shame to see it become a nickel and dime operation!!!

I've been following along the never ending saga which is NCL MrJoeBlack. I think their CEO is making some decisions that may bode well for their share holders,,but unfortunately not for their passengers. They have a good product and it's a shame to see it become a nickel and dime operation!!!

Agreed, was a big fan of their suite amenities but now it seems the product you book could be completely different by the time you get there, time will tell but right now it's a giant mess

Agreed, was a big fan of their suite amenities but now it seems the product you book could be completely different by the time you get there, time will tell but right now it's a giant mess

That seems to be the sentiment most of the NCL faithful share as well MrJoe. I've read through most of the main thread on the NCL boards pertaining to the gratuity increase and one post stood out to me regarding the notion that perhaps NCL is cash strapped and is looking to raise funds quickly. It kind of makes sense in a way,,why would NCL publish the fact that to avoid the increase,,,pre-paid gratuities should be paid in full before August 1st??? I'm sure this is not the only conspiracy theory floating out there though. It's really just a shame that it's even happening at all!!!

This is done by providing points based on the inclusive experience chosen (Bella, Fantastica, Aurea or Yacht Club) + length of cruise,

Mike ... It may be worth asking how giving someone who has booked 2 back to back 7 night cruises more points than someone who has booked say a 20 night cruise! I would be interested to hear their response to that one and how they justify it.

We’ve altered the program so that guests that spend the most with us are rewarded. This is done by providing points based on the inclusive experience chosen (Bella, Fantastica, Aurea or Yacht Club)

Not quite true, Mike. A Fantastica inside cabin costs less than a Bella balcony, yet will garner more points because it's a higher "Experience", so that defeats that argument!!! Someone has got that one badly wrong.

I posed the question on another thread wondering if there'd be a rush to book by Black card holders before the loss of the 20% discount on personally chosen itineraries. The feedback I've got from those in the industry here is they've been inundated with bookings, but also others dithering, not quite sure what they want, but wanting to take advantage of the perk.

On the subject of there being just one complaint on MSC US Facebook - I wonder how many people actually know about the introduction of the Voyager Club. I know that it was mentioned on here a while ago by another poster before it was introduced but I wouldn't have known the date or the changes if it hadn't been for you posting the info. As it happens, I'd made my bookings before then so at least it wasn't a driving factor in my case.

That seems to be the sentiment most of the NCL faithful share as well MrJoe. I've read through most of the main thread on the NCL boards pertaining to the gratuity increase and one post stood out to me regarding the notion that perhaps NCL is cash strapped and is looking to raise funds quickly. It kind of makes sense in a way,,why would NCL publish the fact that to avoid the increase,,,pre-paid gratuities should be paid in full before August 1st??? I'm sure this is not the only conspiracy theory floating out there though. It's really just a shame that it's even happening at all!!!

Again, it's just following the competition.

RCL/Celebrity just raised gratuities a few months back, and they did the same; saying they're going up from x date so if you want to lock in the current rate, prepay them.

And, no, I don't think they're cash strapped.

This is done by providing points based on the inclusive experience chosen (Bella, Fantastica, Aurea or Yacht Club) + length of cruise,

Mike ... It may be worth asking how giving someone who has booked 2 back to back 7 night cruises more points than someone who has booked say a 20 night cruise! I would be interested to hear their response to that one and how they justify it.

Based on the responses I got it'd be along the lines of 'Most of our cruisers take 7 day cruises so we are rewarding them for their loyalty'