Upgrades

We snagged two aft balconies for our Christmas cruise on the Adventure of the Seas.

It has been a while since our last Royal cruise and our first that we haven't used a TA for.

Can we have our reservations marked "no upgrades" or not unless it is to a suite? My husband gave me the "don't be stupid" look when I just told him we needed to make sure we didn't lose our aft cabins.

Ok. He says he can't find it because they won't let him do anything until 90 days before the cruise. Is that possible?

He needs to be in preferences, not the booking itself. Preferences can be updated at any time. It's the section where you choose bed configurations etc.

There should be a section titled upgrade preferences.

Can we have our reservations marked "no upgrades" or not unless it is to a suite? My husband gave me the "don't be stupid" look when I just told him we needed to make sure we didn't lose our aft cabins.

I'm a husband. We have two afts booked now. I'd love to get an upgrade. OTOH, I value my life more. My wife would kill me if we were moved.

I see you're getting your way as well. ;-)

Enjoy your cruise.

After you take this aft cabin cruise, don't forget to go back in and change it back to upgrade anytime.

We had an corner aft for our Alaska cruise (thankfully prior to this upgrade preference and before we even had much status). They actually called and offered us a complimentary Junior Suite because there was b2b folks who booked after us and wanted the cabin for two weeks. We had booked 18 months in advance and declined their upgrade. Well, we did say we'd think about it for a Grand Suite. No dice. The corner aft is such a lovely balcony, not worth giving up in my opinion.

A few times we select a specific cabin and always change our upgrade preference if we don't want to be moved. We were upgraded to a JS without confirmation, on our Med cruise, but from an E1, so that was a great upgrade.

So its important to remember to go back into your profile and check the auto upgrade box just in case you hope for an upgrade on the next cruise you take.

If it were just us an upgrade would be OK, but we are taking our granddaughter and her parents and this will be their first aft balcony.

Which begs another question: do we have to create a profile for each of the adults and mark them all no upgrade?

Edited by gooch47

So its important to remember to go back into your profile and check the auto upgrade box just in case you hope for an upgrade on the next cruise you take.

Weird, I just went to my profile on the RCCL website and I couldn't find it. There was the room preference drop-down menu, the dining preference buttons, as well as an area to enter any allergies or other dietary restrictions, but nothing about upgrade preferences.

Weird, I just went to my profile on the RCCL website and I couldn't find it. There was the room preference drop-down menu, the dining preference buttons, as well as an area to enter any allergies or other dietary restrictions, but nothing about upgrade preferences.

Go to "My Cruises" page. Click on "Profiles" tab at the top. Look on the left side of the page.

my%20cruises%20upgrade%20preferences%20highlight_zpsh2879ewd.png

I just figured out your "problem". You have never cruised before. You are not a member of the Crown & Anchor Society yet.

No upgrade preference tab for you! ;)

I just figured out your "problem". You have never cruised before. You are not a member of the Crown & Anchor Society yet.

Rats. The kids have never been on Royal before so their cabin will go unmarked? Kind of defeats the purpose of this whole thread.

Would they at least be asked before any upgrade was given? I hope they would respond to an email from RCI faster than they do any of mine. LOL

Don't worry the chance of an upgrade is tiny. (although every now and again the upgrade fairy does make an appearance.) I also think I saw something about it being limited to D+ when available. I'm too lazy to look it up, so someone correct me if I am wrong.

Don't worry the chance of an upgrade is tiny. (although every now and again the upgrade fairy does make an appearance.) I also think I saw something about it being limited to D+ when available. I'm too lazy to look it up, so someone correct me if I am wrong.

You are correct about upgrades being limited to D+ and PC, but this is just for C&A upgrades. Most upgrades these days seem to come from the Revenue Dept. First time cruisers can get upgrades. I would call RCI or your TA and ask the reservations be marked DO NOT UPGRADE.

Edited by ARCruisinNana

Curse my newbie status! (shakes fist at sky)

Edited by Tunkhannock

Rats. The kids have never been on Royal before so their cabin will go unmarked? Kind of defeats the purpose of this whole thread.

Would they at least be asked before any upgrade was given? I hope they would respond to an email from RCI faster than they do any of mine. LOL

Nope.