Nacho Cocum with children

Annie43

I am looking for opinions -- we will be traveling with our two grandchildren (ages 4 and 2.5) and we are hoping to have a nice beach day. I have read that Nachi Cocum is a very relaxing day -- would the children be welcome or is it more of an adults only place? Also, their parents are very interested in snorkeling -- is the excursion from Nachi Cocum a good one?

The snorkeling excursion is good - about $35 each for a 90 minute tour.

If your little ones are happy playing in the waves, building sand castles, splashing in the pool, etc. they will be fine.

Playa Mia might be a better option because of their kiddie water/splash park. Lots of package options - check their web site.

We were there a few years ago when our son was 3 and had a great day. Very low key, quiet and not crowded when we visited. The pool was great as was the beach and hammocks. My son had a great time playing on the beach. We visiting again this year when he is 5 and plan another visit

Have not done the snorkeling so can't comment on that

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I am looking for opinions -- we will be traveling with our two grandchildren (ages 4 and 2.5) and we are hoping to have a nice beach day. I have read that Nachi Cocum is a very relaxing day -- would the children be welcome or is it more of an adults only place? Also, their parents are very interested in snorkeling -- is the excursion from Nachi Cocum a good one?

yes! Definitely. Last year, we took our 9 month old and our 3 year old. Had a great time. We have been there several times before so we knew how it was. Kids at that age just want to spend time with you, the sand, the water, and just play. Taking them again in Sept... they will be 2 and 4.

I've seen that at Sanchos and maybe at Paradise Beach, but don't recall seeing that at Nachi. There will be someone offering hair braids on the pier, either before or after your beach day.

I was on Nachi's website today and I did see hair braiding mentioned. You might want to contact them to see if it is still offered. I didn't see it when we were there last year, though.

Thank you everyone for your replies. I just now checked the website and found the following: "Nachi Cocom Beach Club is fully equipped with a beautiful ocean view swimming pool, a large Jacuzzi, swim up bar, comfortable beach chairs, a huge palapa style restaurant, a water sports center, bathrooms, and a warm friendly staff. Massages and hair braiding are available on site for an additional charge."

I have also sent them an email to verify this.

Thank you all so much for your replies! One last question -- are there a lot of mosquitos at Nachi Cocum? I am not an alarmist, but so much is unknown about the Zika virus -- we will use repellant but would like to be as prepared as possible.

Never had an issue with mosquitos at any of the beach clubs. Going to the ruins or other inland spots is another story. :(

Agree with this but having repellent with you is always a good idea. I had a problem with something biting my ankles and legs at Palancar and Occidental last time we were there. Not serious but still annoying.

Did anyone have to bring a car seat in order to get into a taxi to get there or to any other all inclusive?

You and the taxi driver can choose to ignore the Mexican laws about car seats, but the laws of physics still apply. I grew up when seat belts were optional and have the scars to prove it.

Bring your own car seat so that you know it fits and has been well maintained and tip the driver an extra buck for the time spent installing and uninstalling the seat - be safe and be smart!