Dinsey Cruise Customer Service Question

waikoloavrm

We faithfully sail Disney cruises whenever we can. We have always had great experiences. We recently ran into an issue and was curious if anyone out there could guide is in a good direction.

We had two cabins booked for July 2014. We had to cancel last minute due to some medical issues and they let us rebook for December 2014. The difference in cost was about $4000 less between the two cabins.

While a $4000 refund would be a bit much to ask, we were hoping to use that $4000 towards anything including park tickets, Resort room prior to our cruise, etc.

We have been dealing with a lady name Jen, who is supposed to be one of the "highest up supervisors that talks to customers", but she just seems to be having a hard time with it. She initially said we could just upgrade our cabins to try to make the difference and that was it. She then said we could use the money towards rooms at a Walt Disney World resort prior to our cruise, but then she said we could only use the money from one of our cabins towards rooms and the other half would be lost.

The whole thing is a nutshell is I feel that I have $4000 hanging out there and I am having a hard time finding anyone at Disney that will let me spend that money with them.

Does anyone have any input as far as someone at Disney that could help or any ideas? I appreciate the time.

****Side note, we have done a lot of Disney vacations and cruises and they have always been above and beyond so that is why my expectations are that they will do something reasonable. I just wanted to throw that out there for anyone that has not vacationed with Disney and is reading this.

Edited by waikoloavrm

They are being kind to give you ANYTHING....last minute cancellations really aren't entitled to anything, if you're past the final payment date....

Lots of folks are "Disney" fans...they would go broke if they refunded everyone for any reason!

Had you bought insurance, it would have covered your losses. I know, you don't cancel on a whim, and there's probably a good reason, but when you buy your cruise, you agree to their terms....just the way it is!

Take what they give you (even tho it won't be all you've spent) and consider yourself very lucky that they gave you that!

We faithfully sail Disney cruises whenever we can. We have always had great experiences. We recently ran into an issue and was curious if anyone out there could guide is in a good direction.

We had two cabins booked for July 2014. We had to cancel last minute due to some medical issues and they let us rebook for December 2014. The difference in cost was about $4000 less between the two cabins.

While a $4000 refund would be a bit much to ask, we were hoping to use that $4000 towards anything including park tickets, Resort room prior to our cruise, etc.

We have been dealing with a lady name Jen, who is supposed to be one of the "highest up supervisors that talks to customers", but she just seems to be having a hard time with it. She initially said we could just upgrade our cabins to try to make the difference and that was it. She then said we could use the money towards rooms at a Walt Disney World resort prior to our cruise, but then she said we could only use the money from one of our cabins towards rooms and the other half would be lost.

The whole thing is a nutshell is I feel that I have $4000 hanging out there and I am having a hard time finding anyone at Disney that will let me spend that money with them.

Does anyone have any input as far as someone at Disney that could help or any ideas? I appreciate the time.

****Side note, we have done a lot of Disney vacations and cruises and they have always been above and beyond so that is why my expectations are that they will do something reasonable. I just wanted to throw that out there for anyone that has not vacationed with Disney and is reading this.

your cruise insurance is what you should be using to recoup the lost money. if you did not have any then that is lesson learned. a very expensive one. they did all that they were required to do under the ocntract by allowing you to switch dates so late

Actually we are all resolved now. Looking forward to cruising and DisneyWorld.

Anyone know how to close the thread?

Would you mind not leaving us 'hanging' and share how you resolved the issue? We are now invested in your situation and perhaps your resolution could be helpful to someone else here. Thanks. :)