First time sailing from Galveston

kruzerci

I am contemplating booking our first cruise from Galveston in May 2016 on Liberty of the Seas due to the low prices for suites on that sailing and Roatan, Costa Maya, and Cozumel itinerary.

We generally sail out of Fort Lauderdale and Port Canaveral and I am skeptical about sailing from Galveston due to the poor experiences I have read about regarding the infrastructure of the port, fog, and the embarkation/disembarkation experiences. Having said that, admittedly, I do not follow Galveston too closely, because I hadn't previously considered sailing from Texas.

I think it would be fun for a change of scenery and environment to sail on Royal Caribbean from Galveston on a new itinerary. Before I book it, I wanted to check in and see if the expansion of the Royal Caribbean terminal would be complete and if there are still significant delays with Galveston/how embarkation and disembarkation compare to the Florida ports who seem to have it down to a science.

Thanks in advance!

I can answer your question about the upgrades for Terminal 2 which RCCL uses. Construction is already underway and is expected to be completed prior to November 2015 when DCL will add the Disney Wonder for the remainder of the year and RCCL will bring in the Liberty of the Seas to replace Navigator.

The only issue I have with Galveston is transportation costs to and from the airport

Other than that it is a good port to cruise out of

Even that part is getting better. If you don't want to ride the big bus the cruise lines provide, there are several private shuttle options on the island for big groups and there's a new daily public shuttle scheduled to start in April for individuals and smaller groups.

Even that part is getting better. If you don't want to ride the big bus the cruise lines provide, there are several private shuttle options on the island for big groups and there's a new daily public shuttle scheduled to start in April for individuals and smaller groups.

Can you provide a link please

I don't know which link you are asking for specifically but here are a few of the shuttle services that are based in Galveston.

http://www.islandbreezeshuttle.com/ Private shuttles

http://galveston-shuttle.com/ Private shuttles and limos

https://cooltoursgalveston.com/ This one provides tours all over the island

http://www.galvestonexpress.com This one has a public shuttle service

http://www.galvestontransportations.com/ Limos

http://www.galvestonlimousineservice.com Limos

I hope this helps.

I don't know which link you are asking for specifically but here are a few of the shuttle services that are based in Galveston.

http://www.galvestonexpress.com This one has a public shuttle service

I hope this helps.

Thanks, this one is the one I was curious about

I did a dummy booking

$90 rt for 2 from Bush

now that's a good price

• 2 weeks later...

Take into account that Galveston is our home port, so my advice is a little biased, but Galveston is a really fun port. It is not like the industrial ports of Florida. Straight across the street from the cruise terminals is the historic Strand District which has tons of really neat shops, restaurants, bars, hotels, and outdoor areas. It is extremely pedestrian friendly and you can walk to your ship from there. If you park at the closet cruise lot "named for the island" + Park N Cruise, you are directly around the corner from the start of the Strand and can leave your bags in the car until you finish shopping and the ship's embarkation lines get smaller.

We have only been delayed by fog once and it was on the return into Galveston in March. Jan - Mar are the most common times for fog, but the port doesn't really close very often because of it. The port terminals are very clean and state of the art and we have only had slow embarkations/debarkations twice out of 15 Galveston cruises and that was before they finished the new terminal facility.

The worst part is how far the port is from the airport, but everything else about cruising from Galveston is easy cheesy. :) Have fun!

Its a new company, so I couldn't find any reviews

But the Company does know about CC :cool:

Anyone who knows anything about this service? Its obviousley a new company with no reviews. Since we arrive in Houston after a long trip from Sweden I want everything to be booked before we arrive, jet lagged, tired and confused!:)

We are 4 persons so we will save some dollars with this transfer! We are not sailing until June, so please let me know if you have any info.

Regards from Sweden to all of you!

Anyone who knows anything about this service? Its obviousley a new company with no reviews. Since we arrive in Houston after a long trip from Sweden I want everything to be booked before we arrive, jet lagged, tired and confused!:)

We are 4 persons so we will save some dollars with this transfer! We are not sailing until June, so please let me know if you have any info.

Regards from Sweden to all of you!

I called today and spoke to Keith the owner and it is indeed a new company. If you have any questions please send him an e-mail and he will be happy to help with any concerns.

We are planning on using his service in October.

Hope this helps.

I called today and spoke to Keith the owner and it is indeed a new company. If you have any questions please send him an e-mail and he will be happy to help with any concerns.

Hope this helps.

While I think it is a great rate without reviews Im a a little cautious

Im thinkin MoCowBell is the same as the person that owns the company

http://ts1.mm.bing.net/th?&id=HN.608019416581803835&w=300&h=300&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0&r=0

Hope this helps.

I´ve been in contact with Keith as well. Got a quick, personal and detailed answer. I was told the service starts on April 3th. So I hope for some good reviews after that:)

The rates are great, that makes me a little bit worried though... hate to be that suspicious!

If anyone have good or bad reviews, please let us know!

I did a dummy booking

$90 rt for 2 from Bush

now that's a good price

The pricing is decent, but their pick up/drop off times are VERY limited. It would not work for us. :(

I did a dummy booking

$90 rt for 2 from Bush

now that's a good price

When are you going? Planning to use this service in June as well. Haven't booked yet. Since its a new service, we hope for some reviews first. Such a good price!!!