Which Day Pass???

beachbuddy

Just got back from my b2b destiny cruise and was in Nassau on Friday!!!

We visited the British colonial hilton and loved it! (after an adventurous tour thru the straw market buying purses for my daughter!)......

We were debating all the options but the bad sunburn I got in Grand Turk did affect my decision - couldn't bear the thought of sitting in a cab or a bus for any length of time.

So down the street we went into a very posh and beautiful lobby, marble and very cool. Lady at the desk took name/credit card and gave us 2 vouchers, one for the towel hut to get our towels and another for $60 worth of food then pointed us to the door outside.

Wow - gorgeous gardens, patio area, hammocks, lovely pool with loungers, pool bar/restaurant area - then a few steps down to the beach!

Very secluded and quiet - not a big beach at all but very scenic (lighthouse, ships in port) we even saw the Sensation going by and docking next to the Destiny and the new Disney dream!

I found it to be a perfect spot for us - no loud music on the beach (altho there are speakers in the restaurant/bar area), no running around, splashing - altho there were a few kids in the pool. Food was okay - nothing spectacular - most entrees were around $15 (burgers, club sandwich grouper fingers, salads, wraps). Soft drinks $3 per cup and I had a strawberry daiquiri which was $8 - does not take long to use up your $60! :D (also please note that a 15% gratuity is added to your orders).

You could also use the blue floatie mats and I saw one yellow kayak being used...and they had fresh water showers right off the beach and palapas (thatched 'umbrellas' in the sand for shade).... We found two chairs and dragged them into the shade (no more sun for me and yes I swam with a shirt on).

Found a few fish to the left near the cement wall at the beach....and lots of seagull friends on the cement pier to the right.

Will definitely be able to post some pics once I have downloaded them from my camera! :D

Edited by Froufie

• 1 month later...

I am suprising my wife with a short cruise in May for her birthday. After reading this post, I think BCH will be a nice relaxing break. My parents will be watching our 2 year old so quiet and calm seems like a nice change of pace. We will be docking at noon on Friday, May 19th and departing at 6am the next day. Because the day pass will only be good until 5, do you think it is worth strolling through straw market for a little while on our way to BCH? Are there showers and/or changing rooms at BCH? Is there anything to do after 5 in Nassau? It sounds like most shops close down at 5? Just wondering if we will be able to see anything after spending the day at BCH before getting back on the ship. Also, do you think we will have a problem getting a day pass on this date? I know I can book online with Island Marketing, but I don't think I will get a refund if it rains unless the ship does not come to port. Thanks in advance!

Don't think you'll have a problem getting the day pass - we also did not book in advance in case of weather issues - or change of heart or plans. Not sure when things close in Nassau - but would suspect if there is a ship docked there places might be open later than usual...I would think you could stay at BCH for as long as the 'pool/beach' area is open? I don't think they would be throwing you out at 5 -so you could probably stay later if you wanted to.

Not sure when the straw market closes - you might be able to ask this question on your walk down - past the straw market - and see if anyone can answer or if hours are posted? Besides I don't think you'll want to spend more than 20-30 mins in there! :D:D

Edited by Froufie

• 2 months later...

Does breezes give you towels? And all drinks free or just frozen ones??

Should I expect it to be packed june4th ?? And for them not to have day passes?

Edited by vizzle

Does anyone know the current prices of the Hilton or the Sheraton day passes?

I've tried calling the 1-800 numbers for each and neither were able to give me any prices. They told me to call the hotel directly, but there is an additional charge for that on the phone line.

I e-mailed Wyndham and they replied back saying it is $40 per person for 12 and older, $20 per person for 4-11 year olds and children under 3 are free.

I will be on the Carnival Miracle and we will be arriving to Nassau around 7am. There will be 2 other cruise ships in port that day, so I really want to decide what we are going to do now so we can be off the ship first thing and get to where we are going!

Thanks in advance!

My GF and I will be arriving in Nassau on 7/2/11 on the Carnival Fascination. We intend to spend a good part of the day at BCH but wondered if we showed up day of, would we have any problems getting in on a Day Pass? We know we could save $5 per by reserving ahead of time with Island Marketing but we are a bit leery of doing so a month ahead not knowing the weather.

TIA!

Quick question: is the cab ride to the Sheraton $21 per ride, even with 4 people, or $21 per person?

Here's the union Taxi rates that I have posted on my website

http://www.bahamas-treasures.com/bahamas/Nassau_Taxi_Fares_2004.html

The rate is $18 for 2 ppl, $3 for ea. add'l person.. plus tip.

With 4 ppl, you would pay a total of $24 plus tip.

Since gas has gone thru the roof and rates have remained, consider a really nice tip.

My GF and I will be arriving in Nassau on 7/2/11 on the Carnival Fascination. We intend to spend a good part of the day at BCH but wondered if we showed up day of, would we have any problems getting in on a Day Pass? We know we could save $5 per by reserving ahead of time with Island Marketing but we are a bit leery of doing so a month ahead not knowing the weather.

TIA!

I wouldn't worry about that - we were there in February - and it was not crowded at all. We too did not want to purchase in advance to save the $5 in case of bad weather or we had a change of heart and wanted to do something else.....so we just walked in off the street and bought the pass at the front desk.

2873793780059010061S600x600Q85.jpg

2096207340059010061S600x600Q85.jpg

2751851700059010061S600x600Q85.jpg

This thread has given me so much great info. My fiancee and I will be on our wedding cruise and we're docked in Nassau from 10 am to 7 am the next day. Having done a bunch of excursions before (it's my 4th time going to the Bahamas, 2nd in Nassau), this provided me with info I didn't even know before!!!

We're totally sold on either the Wyndham or Sheraton... haven't decided if we want the room or buffet... Not sure if we're gonna be doing much eating and we do want to snorkel a bit. haha

At night we're going to Atlantis (he wants to see it) and then of course Senor Frogs!

Sucbagirl, you are the Bahamian expert! Thanks for all your great advice!!

• 4 years later...

So much information out there, I love it! We leave in 36 days on RCI Majesty of the Seas for a 4 day Bahamas cruise. This is my second cruise although it was so long ago, like 15 years ago (I was 14) I'm not sure it even counts anymore, and this is my husbands first cruise ever. We want to have a good relaxing time and i think the BCH is what we are looking for in terms of relaxation and price. It says on our itinerary that we will be in Nassau from 8am to 11:59pm. We don't plan on being there all day but how long is the day pass for? Is the weather still warm enough at the end of September? Is it crowded? I saw a website called resort for a day and they sell the day passes, is this reliable? Or will we be okay just going to the front desk? I would hate for them to be all booked. Also what is nearby this hotel like in walking distance? Thanks to everyone for the help in advance :)

We went to BCH in April, booked through resortforaday. It's about a 10 minute walk from the pier, past Señor Frogs, you pass many shops along the way. I think the pass is good until 5pm. Beach and pool were nice, got $40 worth of food and drinks each. Paid $60. You could call directly and see if they have day passes available for the day you are going.

So much information out there, I love it! We leave in 36 days on RCI Majesty of the Seas for a 4 day Bahamas cruise. This is my second cruise although it was so long ago, like 15 years ago (I was 14) I'm not sure it even counts anymore, and this is my husbands first cruise ever. We want to have a good relaxing time and i think the BCH is what we are looking for in terms of relaxation and price. It says on our itinerary that we will be in Nassau from 8am to 11:59pm. We don't plan on being there all day but how long is the day pass for? Is the weather still warm enough at the end of September? Is it crowded? I saw a website called resort for a day and they sell the day passes, is this reliable? Or will we be okay just going to the front desk? I would hate for them to be all booked. Also what is nearby this hotel like in walking distance? Thanks to everyone for the help in advance :)

Goggle is your friend. :D You can look for the hotel and see what is near

Google how many ships in port? cruisett dot com is one site. You will find out how many people and how many ships will be there when you are. On our day - October 31st, 2015 there will be 5 ships and 13,699 potential passengers there. :eek: Yes it will be warm. Average high for September is 88.3° For October 85.5°

• 2 weeks later...

We went to BREEZES about two years ago and plan to go back in a few weeks. Besides the food and drinks, they have a climbing wall, trapeze, and all non motorized equipment (Canoe's, paddle boats, and sailboats) are free for use. Can't beat that deal. Basketball courts and ping pong tables are on the property you could use too. We had a blast.

• 2 weeks later...
We just did Breezes last week. Really liked it, beautiful pool, beach, very good buffet and bbq grill. Free drinks, pool games. Not crowded at all.

Hi! I'm trying to decide what to do which in port in Nassau for the day, choosing between Breezes, which looks like it would be $160 for two people ... or doing the Atlantis experience for $350 for two people.

Breezes seems like it would be more economical and a better option so far, but my questions are:

1. How much was the cab to/from the port? The description from resortforaday dot com said $15 for two people. . . but one of the reviewers on the same site said it cost them $30 to get there.

2. How is the food, and what do they serve? Are you limited to buffet style dining or is there also a sit down experience with a menu available? Me and my friend are sober so we will not be drinking alcohol and want to make sure we will "get our money's worth" since it's all inclusive.

3. Do they have Jet ski rentals or parasailing available?

4. If I bring a small backpack do I have to rent a locker for my stuff?

Thanks everyone for your replies!

Jeff aka Recovery Dude

1. How much was the cab to/from the port? The description from resortforaday dot com said $15 for two people. . . but one of the reviewers on the same site said it cost them $30 to get there.

A cab would be $15 for 2 people and $6 for additional people. Or you could take the bus for $1.25 a person.

2. How is the food, and what do they serve? Are you limited to buffet style dining or is there also a sit down experience with a menu available? Me and my friend are sober so we will not be drinking alcohol and want to make sure we will "get our money's worth" since it's all inclusive.

They have an outside grill by the pool (burgers and stuff) and an inside buffet. No sit down restaurants at lunch.

3. Do they have Jet ski rentals or parasailing available?

4. If I bring a small backpack do I have to rent a locker for my stuff?

I don't remember them having any lockers. Just leave the expensive stuff on the ship and have one of your group watch your things while you're in the water.

Thanks everyone for your replies!

Jeff aka Recovery Dude

We just got our day pass tickets at the front desk ($65 a person).

Edited by CruisinCrow

I'm sooo confused! Here is an email I received back... tomorrow I'm going to call and confirm the price. I keep seeing $65 and $80

Thank you for contacting us!

Our day pass rate is $80 per person purchased directly from the resort ahead of time. It includes access to the resort for the day between 10:30am to 5:30pm, dining at the buffet, beach grill and drinks from the bars.

To reserve, you can call the resort directly at 1-242-327-5356.

Regards,

Simone

I'm sooo confused! Here is an email I received back... tomorrow I'm going to call and confirm the price. I keep seeing $65 and $80

Thank you for contacting us!

Our day pass rate is $80 per person purchased directly from the resort ahead of time. It includes access to the resort for the day between 10:30am to 5:30pm, dining at the buffet, beach grill and drinks from the bars.

To reserve, you can call the resort directly at 1-242-327-5356.

Regards,

Simone

$80 is what that website charges to book in advance. If you buy your passes directly from the hotel on the day you're there, they cost $65.

I wasn't able to call today but I received an email....

Good Afternoon April and thank you for your email. Please be advised that our Day Passes are $80 per person, and allow access to the resort from 10am - 6pm. It includes, lunch, snacks all day, all drinks, taxes, land activities, water sports, rock climbing, flying trapeze, access to beautiful beach, chaise lounges, towels and more. Let me know if you need additional information. Thank you and we hope to see you soon at Breezes Bahamas Resort & Spa.