United Airlines changed our flights....AGAIN!

SOMBRERO6

We started out with a non stop flight from San Juan to Detroit. Then we were changed to a flight with a change of planes in Philly and had an hour and ten minutes to make that flight. Now we have been changed to a flight leaving earlier from Philly to Detroit and have 50 minutes to make that flight. Is this enough time? The flight is operated by Chatauqua Airlines United Express. but it is a United flight. Any suggestions? The flight is returning from San Juan at 1:40 pm on 2/24/2013 UA 3135.

We started out with a non stop flight from San Juan to Detroit. Then we were changed to a flight with a change of planes in Philly and had an hour and ten minutes to make that flight. Now we have been changed to a flight leaving earlier from Philly to Detroit and have 50 minutes to make that flight. Is this enough time? The flight is operated by Chatauqua Airlines United Express. but it is a United flight. Any suggestions? The flight is returning from San Juan at 1:40 pm on 2/24/2013 UA 3135.

Hmmm...I'm intrigued, first, by United having nonstops between San Juan and Detroit. Are you sure about that? I am pretty sure Delta is the only one with nonstops between the two. Maybe it was a direct flight that actually stopped somewhere (Chicago, Philly, DC, Charlotte) but carried the same flight number, tricking you in to thinking it was a nonstop? That's common.

Anyways! Yes, 50 minutes should be fine. Don't be lazy though. It's a domestic-to-domestic connection, so no immigration or customs or anything.

And FYI your flights are operated by US Airways, not United. They do partner as they are both part of Star Alliance. Anything through Philly will pretty much be US Airways...and the UA 3135 flight number signifies a code share, operated by US Airways as US 1070, operated by an Airbus A321 aircraft.

Your flight times were changed by US, not UA. There is no nonstop SJU-DTW on UA or US. And, yes your SJU-PHL flight is actually operated by US, not UA:

Flight: UA3135

Operated by US Airways

You should be fine with a 50 minute connection; the minimum connection time allowed is 30 minutes. You may find your flights change again; it's a long time until Feb. Keep checking your itinerary.

Our flights are from Cleveland to San Juan and returning San Juan to Cleveland! This is a first for us leaving from Cleveland....we wanted the non stop flights! And you are correct we couldn't find non stop from Detroit, at least that was affordable!

Our flights are from Cleveland to San Juan and returning San Juan to Cleveland! This is a first for us leaving from Cleveland....we wanted the non stop flights! And you are correct we couldn't find non stop from Detroit, at least that was affordable!

And that's where we all got thrown off. Your started by saying you're flying nonstop from Detroit, and now it's a whole different state. :eek:

When Delta changed our flights I checked and saw a better flight, called and they switched it at "no extra charge". They did this because THEY changed the flight on us. Our new time even cost more. Maybe United would do the same? ;)

When Delta changed our flights I checked and saw a better flight, called and they switched it at "no extra charge". They did this because THEY changed the flight on us. Our new time even cost more. Maybe United would do the same? ;)

Only if the difference is more than an hour. Can't remember if this was for departure, arrival, or both.

Only if the difference is more than an hour. Can't remember if this was for departure, arrival, or both.

1. Flight in question is operated by US

2. UA policy is only to allow a free flight change if your times have changed by >2 hours. They will allow a free change if your connection falls below a minimum connection time. As always, YMMV.

Some discussion here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-mileage-plus-pre-merger/947222-schedule-changes-now-2-hours-not-90-minutes-merged.html

UA just changed a flight for me.

2. UA policy is only to allow a free flight change if your times have changed by >2 hours. They will allow a free change if your connection falls below a minimum connection time. As always, YMMV.

As you said, YMMV. Actually my departure/arrival times barely changed, but I could make an argument for rebooking based on equipment change, thus UA changed my flight for no charge. I now depart the same time, but with better connections arrive 2 hours earlier than my original schedule. Now here's to hoping for a similar change on the outbound flight :D

Archived