Breakaway - Parking at Pier

js

Hi.

Can anyone please explain to me exactly what needs to be done when I get to the Breakaway next month to park? Last year, we had a party bus so it just dropped us and our luggage off in the front and off we went.

I thought I remembered this is not what to do when we are parking since my dh would have to go back around again and take quite a bit of time.

Also, approximately how much is it to park for the week and do they take credit cards and/or cash or both?

Thank you very much!

Hi.

Can anyone please explain to me exactly what needs to be done when I get to the Breakaway next month to park? Last year, we had a party bus so it just dropped us and our luggage off in the front and off we went.

I thought I remembered this is not what to do when we are parking since my dh would have to go back around again and take quite a bit of time.

Also, approximately how much is it to park for the week and do they take credit cards and/or cash or both?

Thank you very much!

I am making the presumption that Breakaway's parking will be similar to the Gem's. Parking is $40 a night and I believe they take cash or credit. You drive up the ramp, stop to pay for the parking, stop at the entrance to the lot for the dogs to check your vehicle, drive up to the sidewalk to drop off bags and passengers, park, come back and join your party, take the elevator down to the porters.

Hi.

Thank you very much!

True!

Although we were there so early (like 9:30) that we did exactly that and it worked out fine. We did stay together as a group though...dropped off the luggage with a porter, then all went to park and all entered the terminal at the same time.

I do see that would NOT work well during the peak drop off times. It was crazy enough when we did it....but I certainly understand the recommendation NOT to do it that way! :eek:

Parking at pier is easy, and I also believe it is $40/night. Only delay parking is when the dogs sniff your vechile. Another place to park is Parkright...very close and they have valet service to the ship.

Safe sailing

Edited by spidybabe

I do it every time we go to this pier. First I drop of luggage and family on lower berth. Then go up ramp to parking lit. It costs $40 per day, I paid with credit card. They ask you what boat you are going on. They then tell you where to park. After parking I take elevator down to meet family on line to get through security. It's pretty simple.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank you all very much.

We will park right at the pier, not ParkRide.

I think I do like that idea, as dropping off the family and luggage, giving to porter while my dh and possibly my ds go park the car. My dd, mom and I can wait for the guys inside to check in. This way, we all won't be pulling our luggage and carryons to the elevator and then to the porters.

Where does the elevator from the parking lot leave you off? That is where I will wait for my dh. Regardless of the time, even if we were getting dropped off with another car or a bus, this would be what would happen, just that my dh may have to loop back around once he drops us off.

Thanks so much!

Forget the looping around routine, its a waste of time and energy. Go up the ramp, pay and pull in. Their is a little area on your right after the security check (dog sniffing) for you to pull over and get your luggage out along with any passengers. We always been asked if we would like to pull over and take our luggage out. This area is literally 20 ft from the elevator, see link. Have the driver park the car then everyone can take the elevator down. As you walk out of the elevator hang a right.....the porters are right there. Then get in line for the security check and check in.

https://www.google.com/maps/@40.7658048,-73.9984179,38m/data=!3m1!1e3

571221811_ScreenShot2014-07-08at1_26_44PM.jpg.a04d26f0733a759efd9dc47b8cacddb3.jpg

Edited by Laszlo

You drive up the ramp that says parking. You pay the bill

You stop the car and let the dog sniff for contraband. You park. You take the elevator to the terminal while wheeling your luggage

It is the easiest parking of any port i have been to but just too expensive!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Forget the looping around routine, its a waste of time and energy. Go up the ramp, pay and pull in. Their is a little area on your right after the security check (dog sniffing) for you to pull over and get your luggage out along with any passengers. We always been asked if we would like to pull over and take our luggage out. This area is literally 20 ft from the elevator, see link. Have the driver park the car then everyone can take the elevator down. As you walk out of the elevator hang a right.....the porters are right there. Then get in line for the security check and check in.

https://www.google.com/maps/@40.7658048,-73.9984179,38m/data=!3m1!1e3

ahhhh, thank you VERY much!

This is exactly what we will do. Have my dh drop us off by the elvators and then wait for him to park. Thank you for taking the time to respond. I appreciate it.

ahhhh, thank you VERY much!

This is exactly what we will do. Have my dh drop us off by the elvators and then wait for him to park. Thank you for taking the time to respond. I appreciate it.

Have an Excellent Time!

Does anyone know if the lot often fills up? How early would you suggest arriving to be sure to get a parking spot at the pier? I'm thinking of booking onto the Breakaway in October, and part of the appeal of the trip is being able to drive rather than having to fly, but I'd hate to find myself scrambling to find parking on the Sunday.

~ Thanks

You'll have plenty of parking. We have parked there twice in June and once in September....no issues finding a place to park. I will say we normally get to the pier between 9:00-9:30am. 9:00am for the BA if you want a chance of getting Vibe Passes, but thats a whole different story

A picture is worth a thousands words - here's a bunch of them, along with narrative description for visuals and it's all under East Coast Departure, and, quite a few more like it - should answer 97.5% of the routine questions.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2057865

P9220058.JPG

Edited by mking8288

Lots of good info on here! I was planning to get to the pier around 10:15. Should we arrive earlier?

When we did the overnight on the gem we got there 1030 and the main lot was definitely filling fast. By 2 pm they had the cars along the driveway going up to the lot too

With the ba being so huge I would get there 930 but you need to remember they have to get the other pax out before you can park although I would think it would be a moving process as spots open up

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

When we drive to NYC, we park at the Port Imperial pier in New Jersey. The price is $11 a day, secure parking. We take the ferry over to the city. Drops off close to where the ship docks. Very easy to do, and saves lots of money!:D

You'll have plenty of parking. We have parked there twice in June and once in September....no issues finding a place to park. I will say we normally get to the pier between 9:00-9:30am. 9:00am for the BA if you want a chance of getting Vibe Passes, but thats a whole different story

Awesome, Thanks :) One less thing to worry about. I do plan on arriving early, I like to make the most of the day & will be looking forward to checking out the BA as I haven't been on her before.

Does anyone know if the lot often fills up? How early would you suggest arriving to be sure to get a parking spot at the pier? I'm thinking of booking onto the Breakaway in October, and part of the appeal of the trip is being able to drive rather than having to fly, but I'd hate to find myself scrambling to find parking on the Sunday.

~ Thanks

If you plan on driving to the Pier like we always do, I suggest you have a look at this http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=43106617&postcount=1

Have fun and enjoy the cruise !!