Going to Nochi Cocum

Locobill49

Mr. Sanchos HAS a buffet if you want to get food quick. We always order off of the menu and wait for the waiter to bring it. There is a menu posted online and there is a multitude of food to choose from. The coconut shrimp is very good. You can order as much as you want whenever you want. The drinks are very good also. This is the all inclusive side for $50 pp if you use shoreexcursioneer to pay for it.

We switched from Nachi to Mr. Sanchos for our April cruise. First time there...and we are AI. We've been to Nachi about 8 or 9 times now so thought it might be time for a change. Hope we did the right thing, all my peeps love Nachi and are leary of going elsewhere.

We switched from Nachi to Mr. Sanchos for our April cruise. First time there...and we are AI. We've been to Nachi about 8 or 9 times now so thought it might be time for a change. Hope we did the right thing, all my peeps love Nachi and are leary of going elsewhere.

Love to hear your impression of Mr. S when you get back.:)

We put a reservation in for Nochi Cocum on Cozumel. For those of,you who have been there, how far is it from yhe port? What is the best or cheapest way to get there? Any issues getting back to the port?

We always take a taxi, it's too far to walk. When you pull in you will wonder what you gotten yourself into, but don't worry. Once you are passed the entrance and onto that beautiful beach and pool, you will love it. You'll have your own chairs and umbrella on the beach and your won waiter for the day. If you want, book yourself an open-air massage and I promise you, the wind, the sound of the waves and that massage will put you to sleep. Ask for Jose, the bartender and tell him to make your drinks a little extra strong.

Included in your price is an appetizer, entrée and a dessert. All the food has been good that we've ever gotten and we usually end up in the pool or hot tub for the majority of the day. We go every time we are in Cozumel. We do tip our waiter and Jose a little extra. Your waiter will also call you a cab when you're ready to go.

Come back and let us know how you like it.

From what I have read I think the main difference is Mr. sanchos has more activities for kids. Nachi is very quiet and laid back so if you need to keep kids busy Nachi may not be a good fit for you.

We like the peace and quiet......but of course we are old.....LOL. :D

I agree...we like the peaceful, laid back atmosphere of Nachi Cocum. It's a nice change from rushing around on a tour. I also like that there aren't a lot of kids there.

From what I have read I think the main difference is Mr. sanchos has more activities for kids. Nachi is very quiet and laid back so if you need to keep kids busy Nachi may not be a good fit for you.

We like the peace and quiet......but of course we are old.....LOL. :D

I will start off by saying that I liked Nachi.

Upon arriving however, there were 3 families with small kids, who were having a ball in the water- kids playing, screaming (with joy) " Dad, look at this !" and of course, Dad screaming back "..."

You get the picture.

I had read on these boards how peaceful this place was- well, the day that I went - it was anything but.- after enduring 45 minutes of someone's family time - yes, screaming, yelling, having fun,- I had wished I had brought my earphones.

I was scheduled for a massage early and I was thankful to get out of the noise!

And, the massage- one of the best I've ever had- pure heaven and highly recommended.

Afterwards, I went back to sit- after 5 minutes, I had to get up - walked around- and stopped at the first quiet area- by the pool. Oh, I had a nice view of the water, and, no sound of the happy families!

It is a nice place and I do not fault the families in any way for their fun

I had booked Nachi based on the great reviews in this forum, good food (try the guacamole !) - just be aware that it's not always quiet and not always peaceful.

Not sure if this image will upload but this was our view at Nochi Cocum from our lounge chair. Kids loved it, food was GREAT, drinks were served with a smile and was VERY relaxing. Taking the taxi was easy to and from. Would definitely go again.

719468222_NochiCocum.jpg.652912573f35d625f49474e8bc50d875.jpg

We put a reservation in for Nochi Cocum on Cozumel. For those of,you who have been there, how far is it from yhe port? What is the best or cheapest way to get there? Any issues getting back to the port?

A taxi for up to 4 people is $17 each way. Just set aside a couple of $20 bills and you'll be set. It's maybe a 10 - 20 minute ride tops. It's far enough away from port to be quiet but not so far that you'll spend a lot of time going to and from.

At the club just tell the waiter about 5 minutes before you're ready to leave and he'll call one for you. They queue up at a hotel that isn't far away so there's always a cab close by.

Nachi is wonderful. Enjoy it!

LocoBill49-- when are you going to Nachi?

We are on the Independance that arrives Cozumel on Feb 20 and we are planning to spend all Satrday at Nachi

We are arriving via NCL JADE in March at 11:00am and will be tendering. Ship leaves at 7:00pm We spurged on a suite so we have priority tendering but even with that do you think this will give us enough time on nachi to make it worth the trip?

Yes! :D Even with the tender and the cab ride you can assume you will be at Nachi by about 1230 or so -- spend 4+ hours there and head back about 4:30-5:00 to catch a tender back to the ship. the cab ride takes about 10-15 minutes each way.

Yes! :D Even with the tender and the cab ride you can assume you will be at Nachi by about 1230 or so -- spend 4+ hours there and head back about 4:30-5:00 to catch a tender back to the ship. the cab ride takes about 10-15 minutes each way.

Thanks John, I appreciate your advice!

Two years ago, we pulled right up to the dock. There was no tendering in Cozumel.

You are right, I was mistaken, not tendering in Cozumel! Tendering at the next two stop Rotan & Belize. Still not arriving until 11:00am but since we are not tendering that should even give us a little more time...right? Thanks!

You are right, I was mistaken, not tendering in Cozumel! Tendering at the next two stop Rotan & Belize. Still not arriving until 11:00am but since we are not tendering that should even give us a little more time...right? Thanks!

I liked tendering in Cozumel, dropped you off downtown

You are correct. (Why can't I ever get my wife to say that about me? :o) Walking off the ship is much quicker than loading and unloading a tender. Have a great cruise! :)