Dawn in Bermuda - port or starboard balcony?

3Mickeys

Is there a preference to which side of the ship we should want our balcony on when the Dawn is in Kings Wharf? Would like a view. Don't mind seeing the comings and goings on the dock, but don't want to look at an unsightly view for three days if it's industrial.

Thanks.

Is there a preference to which side of the ship we should want our balcony on when the Dawn is in Kings Wharf? Would like a view. Don't mind seeing the comings and goings on the dock, but don't want to look at an unsightly view for three days if it's industrial.

Thanks.

Beautiful Port , no bad views. :)

Thanks.

You're in luck because both sides of the ship will have great views - You can face the Town of Dockyard or the Harbor. No one can confirm which side the ship will dock on a particular sailing because it can vary depending on weather, boat drill for the crew etc.

The docking direction depends on the order in which they test the lifeboats. There is preference to have the ship turned and facing out to sea when it gets there so that’d be the Port Side most of the time. However, you don’t know until the ship starts the season as to when they’ll go Starboard to test out the port side lifeboats during drill. As many other posters have said, no matter what view you get you’ll have a good one. The sunrises over the harbor and sets over the Admiral’s House in the PM and both are equally breathtaking!

Aft. Then it doesn't matter which side the ship docks on. :)

Ha ha! True! :D

Although, the aft view means when the ship is in port and if it is facing out then you’re going to be staring at whatever cruise ship is behind you and there usually always is one at King’s Wharf. The larger the ship, the less you get to see from your balcony. :cool:

Aft works nicely when the ship’s bow is facing King’s Wharf. :D

Careful if your balcony gets late afternoon sun while in port for 3 days. Does get a bit hot.

But the sunsets are beautiful.

Here's a shot I took last July from the aft (on Breakaway) looking at Summit.

ImageUploadedByForums1418918983.815302.jpg.d921dcfc975c056d20855d09f8af54c5.jpg

~Robin

Every Day at Sea is a Great Day

July 2014 Breakaway

Edited by meatball_nyc

Sun?! What sun?! We seem to have forgotten what it looked like in New England. We’ve only had 2 days of sun this entire month! I’ll take the sun any day. :D:D

Doing an aft balcony to stare at another ship for 3 days doesn’t sound like a good time, especially with the extra cost. I’d want to make sure the ship was docked with starboard side so I had the full panorama of the shipping channel, reef and ocean beyond. It’d also be constantly sheltered from the sun given the angle. :cool: I suppose it wouldn’t matter if I was off the ship in port but I didn’t get off the ship much on the last trip to Bermuda on Breakaway. If NCL ever teams up with Starbucks I may never need to get off the ship when going to Bermuda (hello NCL… see a revenue opportunity here??)!! ;)