Breakaway Balcony Question

Whitnee1

Wondering if the balcony cabins that are in the middle and rear bump out are larger than those that are not?

I think on the NCL website, the cabin categories have an estimated sq footage. if larger, then not by much.

I wonder if the beer on the pool deck is just as cold as the beer on the 7th floor atrium bar

Wondering if the balcony cabins that are in the middle and rear bump out are larger than those that are not?

They are all the same size with exception of the 1st and last cabin of the bump out. Those are larger. If you look at the deck plans look for the balcony cabins that show a triangular balcony. These are larger.

Honestly, the balconies on the Breakaway are the smallest I've ever seen on any ship. Not sure why they designed them that way.

They are all the same size with exception of the 1st and last cabin of the bump out. Those are larger. If you look at the deck plans look for the balcony cabins that show a triangular balcony. These are larger.

Honestly, the balconies on the Breakaway are the smallest I've ever seen on any ship. Not sure why they designed them that way.

The balconies are bigger, but the cabin itself is the same size as a regular balcony. Search for angled balconies- lots of posts to help you choose one. The angle doesn't look like much on the deck plans, but to us, it made a significant difference (and a lounger fits on the wider side). And since the regular balconies are so small, any little bit of additional space has a big impact on using the balcony.

The only balconies that are bigger on BA-class ships are angled balconies, and the specially designated "large balconies" on decks 8 and 9.

Mini-suite and balconies and have identical balconies. The space created by the "bump" you referred to goes into the bathrooms. It's the only major difference between the two categories. BA minisuites have much larger shower and double sinks.

The BA balconies really are like small ledges. That's one of the reasons I prefer the Gem. Gem minisuites have substantially larger balconies than normal balcony rooms. Not suite-level big, but large enough to have your chair facing directly forward without your knees smashed against the glass.

I had a mini-suite on the BA.

Next cruise...one of the "angled" balconies. I liked this cabin better.

The interiors were identical except for the bathroom and I didn't think the price differential for a fancy shower or double sink was worth it.

But, that little bit of extra space on the balcony was a nice bonus.

Breakaway and Getaway angled balconies are larger yes, just a bit, but are the same price as the rest of their respective categories.

On Epic for example it's a separate/higher category, but it's a significant larger balcony.

I think NCL found it negligible for BA, GA and ES angled balconies or couldn't straighten it out with the differences between the deck 9 B6 category vs the few angled ones.

To the OP

I see that you have sailed on Princess ships.

Balconies on the Breakaway and the newer NCL ships are very much smaller than those on the Grand class Princess ships,especially those found on Caribe deck .

To get a larger cabin on a recent Breakaway cruise,we booked a Mini Suite with a Larger Balcony, deck 8. It was very nice,not wider than a regular balcony,but deeper. There were two loungers,a large table and two chairs.

Most Breakaway balconies have two chairs and a very small table.

The extra balcony area came at a price though,Mini Suite versus Balcony cabin price.

Well worth the cost to us as the balcony provided a welcome retreat for us .

We had a large balcony which had a little larger balcony to accomodate 2 lounge chairs and in looking at the ship diagrams and details, the room was also a bit larger. Room was very comfortable despite being pretty compact.