Are all mini-suites created equal on Getaway?

stickey_mouse

I have a neighbor who just came back from a cruise on the getaway.. He was complaining that in the buffet all of the food had plastic or glass in front of it and you had to lift it up to get to the food. I was on the Getaway in March and don't recall that being an issue. Can anyone verify?

I have a neighbor who just came back from a cruise on the getaway.. He was complaining that in the buffet all of the food had plastic or glass in front of it and you had to lift it up to get to the food. I was on the Getaway in March and don't recall that being an issue. Can anyone verify?

I can only think of the small desserts station. All the other stuff is, luckily, behind glass sneeze caps but freely accessible.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10YW7fMQarer30UCHKqKJ_zLDmbyMTczCTtYf2XRflh8/pub?single=true&gid=0&output=html

According to this document, the balcony size of the mini-suites range from 31-35 square feet. Why the variance? And where are the larger ones located? I know 4 square feet isn't that much, but it might make a difference with such small balconies.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by stickey_mouse

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10YW7fMQarer30UCHKqKJ_zLDmbyMTczCTtYf2XRflh8/pub?single=true&gid=0&output=html

According to this document, the balcony size of the mini-suites range from 31-35 square feet. Why the variance? And where are the larger ones located? I know 4 square feet isn't that much, but it might make a difference with such small balconies.

The mini suites with large balconies (M6 category) are located on deck 8 forward

The factsheet might have been put together from pre-inaugural information, all I can see and find is that indeed the M6 and the M1 aft facing minis are larger.

All the others have a 32 sq ft balcony. Besides a drain pipe here and there I can't think of anything else in structure.

https://www.ncl.com/cruise-ship/getaway/staterooms/Mini-Suite

• 2 weeks later...

The very first time we booked the Breakaway, I hadn't done my homework and took the minisuite offered by my travel agent.

When I got home I checked it out and it was a mini midships on Deck 9 over the Waterfront. These have the roof of the Waterfront directly in front of them something like a sidewalk and may restrict your sea view below. I will try to post a picture later.

If smoke from the bar below on the starboard side is an issue you may not enjoy these cabins.

On that occasion, we re-booked for an M6 and have done so ever since.

I wasn't asking about the M6 category. I'm aware that their balconies are substantially larger.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just had the balcony on deck 8 and it was great. Only a few people out at a time from the decks above. Never felt like I was being watched.

Edited by Joeghartman