Where's the lobsta?

bagpiper1

Seafood night in Epic, Garden Cafe. I think opened at 5:00 or 5:30, I'm not sure. People was in long líne since 4:00 and NO lobster.

LOL in line since 4pm.... there's no way I would spend an hour in line for lobster.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Seafood night in Epic, Garden Cafe. I think opened at 5:00 or 5:30, I'm not sure. People was in long líne since 4:00 and NO lobster.

I wouldn't wait that long in line to see Kim Kardasian eat lobsta in the nude.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forums mobile app

Where the lobster? In Maine, out in the Atlantic Ocean awaiting for you to hop on fishing boat and pick it up in that box. Otherwise, its not that's serious for lobster or just pay the $30 to Le Bistro...

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk

Hate to tell you this but the lobster is on cape cod in little beachside ...dockside.....or roadside stands or roadside fish stores that will cook it up just right for you..... After you pick it out live from the tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hate to tell you this but the lobster is on cape cod in little beachside ...dockside.....or roadside stands or roadside fish stores that will cook it up just right for you..... After you pick it out live from the tank.

Hmmmm! Love the lobster roll.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forums mobile app

Lobster has the be the dumbest and most widely posted topic. People that go on cruises and lobster is the highlight of your trip...SMH Majority of lobster of the years served on the large major lines isn't very good. We've actually seen people post on here how there cruise was ruined because they didn't get lobster ***? #HaveFun #NoWhiteTrash

I guess lobster is just a symbol of what's happening in the entire industry.

Major cutbacks here and there don't cause a stir, until it comes to FOOD!

Really, NCL, don't piss off your bread and butter@!!! Put lobster back on the menu and stay level with your competition......don't mess your guests!

I guess lobster is just a symbol of what's happening in the entire industry.

Major cutbacks here and there don't cause a stir, until it comes to FOOD!

Really, NCL, don't piss off your bread and butter@!!! Put lobster back on the menu and stay level with your competition......don't mess your guests!

Personally I would like to see escargot back on the mdr menu as I don't care for le bistro that much

Personally I would like to see escargot back on the mdr menu as I don't care for le bistro that much

......I like escargot...guess I do have to make a reservation at Le Bistro after all.....Lobster, I can always get at a some restaurants in the Bronx for like $25-50 (depending on the weight and pricing plus the taxes & tips), so it's not a big deal to me if I don't have it on cruise ship. That and the lobsters tails I had on Carnival Steakhouse wasn't as big as the ones you get live from any land restaurant any way, so missing NCL lobster better be big or there's honestly no good reason to cry over it.

I sit here smiling about all of this. Things change.

Before there used to be baked Alaska.

That stopped

Before there used to be lobster.

That stopped

Be happy you're able to get away....

have a vacation....relax, have fun.

Someone else is cooking for you, cleaning up after you,

making your bed, providing you entertainment, etc. etc. etc.

If you really want baked Alaska - get it on land

If you really want Lobster - get it on land (at least you'll know it's not frozen - no one can really believe that the ships carry FRESH lobster, right?

If not having baked Alaska or lobster is *really* going to ruin your cruise....don't cruise or cruise elsewhere (where you can get your frozen lobster)

Enough said.

Harriet

......I like escargot...guess I do have to make a reservation at Le Bistro after all.....Lobster, I can always get at a some restaurants in the Bronx for like $25-50 (depending on the weight and pricing plus the taxes & tips), so it's not a big deal to me if I don't have it on cruise ship. That and the lobsters tails I had on Carnival Steakhouse wasn't as big as the ones you get live from any land restaurant any way, so missing NCL lobster better be big or there's honestly no good reason to cry over it.

Welcome perspective and well said. Here's mine, which I've likely already posted somewhere here. (If it's a repeat, sorry.)

Growing up, my grandmother was cursed with the love of lobster. She would eat it all day, everyday, if allowed, but her parents would only let her eat it occasionally, and more or less in secret: lobster was food for poor people. It's not that her family had much money--in fact they didn't, they were simple farmers and therein lay the problem: if it got out they they were feeding their children lobster, well, the bank might call in the loan used to finance the farm equipment. Some 12-year-olds would wander down to the docks for a sneaky cigarette in those days--my grandmother would try to come home with a lobster.

Back in 1984 we did 8 days post cruise on the Italian Rivera and the Lake District

We were in San Remo and since we had a car and I am a big Picasso fan my mom and i wanted to drive to Antibes to the Picasso museum

We had a great day and the highlight of the day was sitting on the beach in Antibes just soaking up local color so to speak

Behind us was a rock retaining wall and we noticed a woman with a basket pulling something off the rocks

We speak Italian and so did the woman so we struck up a conversation and asked what she was doing

She very nicely opened the top of the basket and lo and behold.....about 100 live crawling snails!!!

She offered to give us some too!!

We declined but I still swoon over escargot and so do all my kids!!!

And I relate my above snail story to them often

They always order them on cruises

However forget about lobster on cruises because what is really missing these days on cruises is....frogs legs!!!! Another delicacy!!!