Carnival Pride

duegwb

I am looking to book a cruise for next August on the Pride. I know this is a smaller ship, what is the biggest difference between this ship and the bigger ones? Do you also feel the swaying more because it's a smaller ship?

Not sure it is a smaller ship... It certainly isn't a mega ship, but it is pretty big.

If the ocean is storming, then you feel the swaying. However, for the most part she is very steady.

We were on her for the 14 day repositioning, and only felt the sea during the day in the Atlantic at the end of March. But it was a really bad day at sea.

Not sure it is a smaller ship... It certainly isn't a mega ship, but it is pretty big.

If the ocean is storming, then you feel the swaying. However, for the most part she is very steady.

We were on her for the 14 day repositioning, and only felt the sea during the day in the Atlantic at the end of March. But it was a really bad day at sea.

You mean...the day it snowed?!?!? Or the flipping 20 degree temps coming up the bay, back to Baltimore?!?!

We love the size of the Pride (and her sister ship, the Miracle). Like the previous poster, we did the repositioning cruise in March 2015 and loved the ship - easy to find your way around and it's has Guy's Burgers!! We just booked another 14 day repositioning cruise on the Pride for February of 2017.

We love the size of the Pride (and her sister ship, the Miracle). Like the previous poster, we did the repositioning cruise in March 2015 and loved the ship - easy to find your way around and it's has Guy's Burgers!! We just booked another 14 day repositioning cruise on the Pride for February of 2017.

The Spirit class is our favorite class of the Carnival fleet it's the perfect size and easy to get around.

When you add to that the fact that we could get our favorite aft wrap suite and it has most of the 2.0 upgrades (Guys, Alchemy Bar, Red Frog Pub, Blue Iguana, etc) it was an easy decision for us to book her next June. :D

OP - the Pride is an excellent choice!!

We just got off the Pride Sunday. Which literary are you looking at? If it's the Prt Canaveral / Bahamas, we had two sea days to get down to Fl, so we went very sloooowly at about 10-12 knots. Didn't feel the boat moving at all. Coming back, we only had one sea day, so we were up to about 22 knots. We defiantly felt that a bit more, but it still wasn't bad. We also threaded the needle between the two storms, and the ocean appeared more rough on our return trip so that may have played a part.

Pride is a great ship. I wouldn't consider it small. If you have any other questions, I'd be happy to help.

There are several differences we've experienced in Spirit Class ships vs.

larger Carnival vessels:

1) Faster

2) Smoother

3) Better-managed spacing......NEVER seem crowded in any area.

4) Privacy (don't hear neighbors through walls and doors)

5) Happy Help (workers always seem more content)

Above could be in our imagination.......but likely NOT. Recommend you

try Pride before it's too late. Spirit style ships will never be built again, since they don't cater to squishing too many people together....which all the new

ones do for profit maximization !

Another vote of confidence for the Pride! We sailed her twice this summer and I'm going back in December. I've been on larger ships (including the Oasis of the Seas), but I love the Pride. She has everything you could need to have a great vacation. The layout is nice. All the recent upgrades are wonderful. You can't go wrong.

Whatever you do...Enjoy! :)

LOVE the Pride. Been on her 4 times. Nice size. Doesn't have rope course but has a lot to do. Easy to get around. My favorite part is that Serenity is also the adult pool at the rear of the ship. My favorite place to be. Especially at night. On some ships the adult pool is not Serenity.

Pride was great this past March , especially with the 2.0 upgrades. Not a small ship at all, unless you consider 960 feet long small haha. Better space ration definitely. I've been on all the Spirit class ships they are the best, they definitely ride smoother than say Sunshine (destiny), & Conquest class. I read an article where the Pride's captain explained that the Spirit Class are more like an ocean liner and cut through the waves, where as the larger "fatter" ships tend to bounce on them in rough weather. Even when they seas were on the rougher side this last time out, the ship was pretty much smooth. Can't wait till next July!!!

We have been on some larger ships and find our favorite class of Carnival's ships is the Spirit class. We like the layout and you can get from one place to another quickly.

Sailing again in Oct and planning on booking another Pride cruise next October.

the pride is a great ship especially now with the 2.0 improvements. i love the fact that it has one dining room so you can walk to the front of the ship from the back without having to go up or down a level to get around the galley like on some of the bigger ships. also it has a great serenity area with a bar a pool and two hot tubs.

the pride is my favorite ship!:D

There are several differences we've experienced in Spirit Class ships vs.

larger Carnival vessels:

1) Faster

2) Smoother

3) Better-managed spacing......NEVER seem crowded in any area.

4) Privacy (don't hear neighbors through walls and doors)

5) Happy Help (workers always seem more content)

Above could be in our imagination.......but likely NOT. Recommend you

try Pride before it's too late. Spirit style ships will never be built again, since they don't cater to squishing too many people together....which all the new

ones do for profit maximization !

I agree that none of the mass market cruise lines will ever built Spirit-like ships again . It seems it's all about bigger is better . I love the ship but my problem with Pride cruises from Baltimore is the Canaveral , Freeport , Nassau itinerary . Same old ,same old . Absolutely the worst !

I agree that none of the mass market cruise lines will ever built Spirit-like ships again . It seems it's all about bigger is better . I love the ship but my problem with Pride cruises from Baltimore is the Canaveral , Freeport , Nassau itinerary . Same old ,same old . Absolutely the worst !

Agree it is a pathetic itinerary but dont they also have one where they go to HMC?

We would not choose the Canaveral itinerary either.

But....there's also the Grand Turk, HMC and Freeport itinerary we are doing. Still not "snazzy" - but better than the Canaveral choice, in our opinion. [emoji6]

We enjoyed the Pride -- not too big, not too small. Beautiful ship with the 2.0 upgrades. We did the HMC, Grand Turk, Freeport itinerary and loved it. There have been some great reviews of the Pride recently. I wrote one too -- link available in my signature. If you go, take me with you. :D

Edited by ProfCruise