Trying for Upgrade after Final

camii40

so i called just after the final payment a few weeks back for my upcoming cruise and received a complimentary upgrade from 2D to 1A.

just checked and the price has gone down even further - looking at the ta website it showed C3 and C2 for the same price and less than what i paid for my cruise. so called my ta once again today to see what i could get, if anything. she said it looked like i could get a guarantee concierge (which was more than the c2 and c3). i showed her the c2 pricing and gave her a cabin # and she said she would call celebrity.

so i was offered a c3 complementary upgrade, which i declined as i have a hump 1A.

so my question is, can i get my ta to call back again in a day or two to see what they have to say then or is it logged every time my ta calls?

i don't want to be an upgrade hog :o

thanks

so i called just after the final payment a few weeks back for my upcoming cruise and received a complimentary upgrade from 2D to 1A.

just checked and the price has gone down even further - looking at the ta website it showed C3 and C2 for the same price and less than what i paid for my cruise. so called my ta once again today to see what i could get, if anything. she said it looked like i could get a guarantee concierge (which was more than the c2 and c3). i showed her the c2 pricing and gave her a cabin # and she said she would call celebrity.

so i was offered a c3 complementary upgrade, which i declined as i have a hump 1A.

so my question is, can i get my ta to call back again in a day or two to see what they have to say then or is it logged every time my ta calls?

thanks

The RCCL reservation system (for RCI, Celebrity, Azamara) tracks every change to a reservation (including printing DOCs by a TA). I can't tell you if they log the TA's queries as well and if they look at this log and use it for or against you, but they do keep track.

Steve

thanks

Only thing I would consider an upgrade from your 1A would be a sky suite. Any concierge class cabin will be exactly the same on the inside and you will lose your lovely balcony.

You already got a nice upgrade. I would relax and enjoy.

thanks to all. maybe i will just keep checking to see if prices drop further. i should have mentioned that the c2 cabin was also on the hump. believe me that would be the ONLY reason i would change. foot stool vs a diy version. (is it sad that the footstool excites me :rolleyes:)

thanks to all. maybe i will just keep checking to see if prices drop further. i should have mentioned that the c2 cabin was also on the hump. believe me that would be the ONLY reason i would change. foot stool vs a diy version. (is it sad that the footstool excites me :rolleyes:)

I'm 6'5 and I can put my feet up on the rail but it's not really comfortable. Nothing beats the footstool. The only time we paid for a Concierge was when we were trying to make Elite. Now that we're Elite+, I would never pay the price for a CC, which really gains nothing significant IMO. A no cost upgrade might tempt us, but somehow a good balcony would do us fine.

I don't understand why you were only offered the C3 and not the C2 if it was in fact available. Sounds like your problem might be your TA.

The upgrade to the C3 was free and the C2 was available for an up charge based on post 1 of this thread.

A little off topic, but here goes: I read about this on a recent CC thread--for a footstool, remove the life jackets from the basket beneath the bed, take the basket out to your balcony, turn it upside down, and voila! you have a footstool that's probably big enough to share.

Bon voyage

Betsy