Carnival Breeze-tips, hidden "gems" that you've found?

tiggermom

This will be the first time sailing on Carnival Breeze in November and I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions, tip or secrets "gems" that you found on this ship? Like a out-the-way door that leads to a quiet area or perfect view! I love finding out about these ahead of time and trying to find them:)

This will be the first time sailing on Carnival Breeze in November and I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions, tip or secrets "gems" that you found on this ship? Like a out-the-way door that leads to a quiet area or perfect view! I love finding out about these ahead of time and trying to find them:)

Dinner at cucina de capitano its the best $12 spent , service and food are fabulous.

That Cucina del Capitano place has a FREE lunch, where you pick your pasta, sauce, & as many toppings as you want. It is very good, and the perfect place for your embarkation lunch. There's a hot dog stand (that's rarely open) up around the mini golf area. I didn't try it, but some people like it.

The deck 5 lanai has many deck chairs set up out there if you want a less crowded spot for laying in the sun or the shade.

There are many of those public observation decks that overlook the front of the ship. Decks 11, 10, 9, 7, 6, & 5. With the one on deck 5, it's part of the lanai, so you don't go through a door to get to it, but it's still the same thing. The back of deck 5 is also really nice, overlooking the wake from down low.

One other secret is that the waterslides are not restricted to kids only. Adults are allowed to ride them too!

The 4D theater is pretty fun, if you are young at heart. The "movies" are short & all cartoons, but I enjoyed them. I went many times, buying the unlimited pass. The nighttime entertainment on this ship can be dull, so that was money well spent for me.

We wanted to get our past guest free drinks from the MDR during lunch but aren't big fans of the lunch items on the sea day brunch menu. There was a line to wait to be seated but we noticed a bar counter set up just to get these drinks. We took our free piña coladas to the Italian lunch at Cucina del Capitano. Perfect lunch!

Bring a hotel room key to use in the master light switch so you don't have to leave your s&s card and risk forgetting it.

Use kiosks to take cash out of your account if you have a large OBC.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks! This is exactly what I was looking for.

What's the cost of the 4D movie theater, just thought it was included...silly me:)? My 16 year old son is going to LOVE cucina de capitano!!

The 4D theater was $14.95 for the unlimited. Not bad at all.

The previous poster brought up great points that I forgot. About the lights in your room, they have a slot that they say has to have your sail & sign card in it or else the lights go off in 30 seconds. This is only on Breeze & Magic, and I hate it. This can be a HUGE, ENORMOUS nuisance if you don't all go everywhere together all the time. Lights can go out on someone showering or using the toilet. Someone sleeping in may be stumbling around & getting themselves hurt trying to find their card so that they can turn on the lights. You can use an old gift card or something like that from home. Or you can just use a piece of paper. Tear up some paper that's firm & stick it in the slot. Warning: the room steward will throw it out, so put it away when the last person leaves for breakfast & dinner.

Edited by k2excursion

Another vote for Cucina Del Capitano for dinner. BEST $12 spent for the amount of food, and the quality of the food.

I wish we skipped the steakhouse and did Italian two nights.

Steakhouse was probably the best STEAK I've had, but everything else, ehhhhhh.....not so much.

Also, as far as "secret" doors.....Lido Deck (10)

If you come in from the pool area, take an immediate left into the passenger cabin hallway, and go ALL the way to the end.

You will see an umarked door, that leads you outside.

There is a viewing area right on top of the bridge. Yes, you are on the roof of the bridge. AMAZING views from there, and the front of the ship as well.

Enjoy!!!! She's a beautiful ship:D:D:D

Our favorite park of the ship was anywhere on Deck 5 which goes all around the ship on the outside. Nobody was ever out there (well, very few), it is nice and quiet and the hot tubs are huge and actually hot and again, very few people using them.

Actually loved the whole ship. biggest ship we have ever been on and never felt crowded at all. Wonderful crew. You will love it!

Here's a suggestion for the pasta lunch at Cucina del Capitano, if it operates like the one on Carnival Dream; you can request the shrimp or chicken toppings (or anything else for that matter) on the Caesar salad. I loved that even more than the pasta.

I just returned on June 28th from the Breeze and going out again on Aug 2nd. The ship is beautiful. We had a Grand Suite last time and this time a balcony. True about deck 5-our room overlook that deck which was fine...but nobody in the Jacuzzi and there were deck chairs always available. The ship never seemed packed.

Great tip above-I am going to find that secret door and explore!!! I saw some people up there last cruise and was so jealous on how they got up there! I will try to get pics of the fun times and post here if I remember.

Another question about Cucina del Capitano....

I was on the Dream which has the lunch Pasta Bar which I guess is similar but wasn't open in the evening. So looked forward to the Lasgna but found that instead of having ground beef and/or sausage, it was made with what I consider, like a roast beef. Big chunks. Didn't care for it.

Is this normal or does Cucina del Capitano do a more traditional Lasgna?

We will be sailing on the Breeze for the first time on a 6 day cruise in February. So looking forward to exploring this ship. My favorite part is knowing that deck 5 wraps all around and I look forward to the hot tubs in this area as well. I love the "secret doors". We always do that at night, its so dark and you can see all the stars. At times we even see shooting stars.

Edited by moran4carnival
  • Like 1

Do you reserve in advance or first come first serve?

You definitely want to reserve ahead of time if you can. I think I emailed the steakhouse when making those reservations, and they gave me the email address for the Italian. It honestly was delicious!!! Liked it more than the steakhouse.:D

Another question about Cucina del Capitano....

I was on the Dream which has the lunch Pasta Bar which I guess is similar but wasn't open in the evening. So looked forward to the Lasgna but found that instead of having ground beef and/or sausage, it was made with what I consider, like a roast beef. Big chunks. Didn't care for it.

Is this normal or does Cucina del Capitano do a more traditional Lasgna?

Nope, it is normal ground beef. I know the horse chunks you speak of, and that is just plain gross:eek::eek::eek:

Have a great cruise!

You definitely want to reserve ahead of time if you can. I think I emailed the steakhouse when making those reservations, and they gave me the email address for the Italian. It honestly was delicious!!! Liked it more than the steakhouse.:D

Nope, it is normal ground beef. I know the horse chunks you speak of, and that is just plain gross:eek::eek::eek:

Have a great cruise!

Thank you! On another thread I mentioned that I didn't care for the lasagne on the Dream but didn't remember what it was that I didn't like about it. Can't remember EVER leaving over lasagne. That would be like refusing a free cruise! I love the episode of the Golden Girls when Blanche is so upset she takes a pan of Sophia's lasagne, cuts off a single serving, puts it in a plate but digs into the pan.

Edited by cruise pup

Another vote for Cucina Del Capitano for dinner. BEST $12 spent for the amount of food, and the quality of the food.

I wish we skipped the steakhouse and did Italian two nights.

Steakhouse was probably the best STEAK I've had, but everything else, ehhhhhh.....not so much.

Also, as far as "secret" doors.....Lido Deck (10)

If you come in from the pool area, take an immediate left into the passenger cabin hallway, and go ALL the way to the end.

You will see an umarked door, that leads you outside.

There is a viewing area right on top of the bridge. Yes, you are on the roof of the bridge. AMAZING views from there, and the front of the ship as well.

Enjoy!!!! She's a beautiful ship:D:D:D

this is on the 9th floor all the way forward on the left side once out there you can take stairs up to tenth and eleventh. We had Jr suite cabin 9205 which was the first cabin on the deck above the bridge. We enjoyed it but there was no privacy if people were out on that deck. Could look right over to our balcony, but better than deck 6 above the lanani deck. Also you can request your dessert to go in the MDR and also at Italian restaurant. I was so full the night we went tI took most of my dinner and dessert to go. I am envious of you. the breeze is a great ship and I am having a hard time finding another ship that will live up to it!