Tea making facility in stateroom

diamondj

our newbie travelling companions have asked if there are facilities in the staterooms for making your own tea/coffee, and also if hair straighteners are allowed onboard. On Dawn I seem to remember there was a tray for making drinks, but was it just a coffee maker on there :confused:. What's the score on Star, please.

I don't use straighteners so haven't paid heed to the rules about these.

Lastly, is there a 3 pin plug in staterooms on Star, as there was on Dawn. Very useful for us Brits!

Not many weeks to go now - getting excited. :cool:

Just home from T/A cruise on Jade...we asked the hotel director ...very nicely...if we could possibly have a tea kettle in our inside cabin as we love our cuppa in the mornings! It magically appeared 2 days later.. But without cups!! Our steward got those for us. We had our own teabags but took milk from the buffet & kept in our fridge. It saved us ordering early morning tea each day...which is awful, luke warm water in a coffee flavoured pot! By the way, you pay the room service charge if you order tea after 10am!!!!

All plugs were USA or European, no UK ones on Jade...but as she has had a recent refit there were UB ports for charging phones/Ipads etc, but could only be used if you were in the room....stewards would remove them if you were out....poss due to fire risk from some phones! Hair straighteners seemed to be allowed...no probs with mine.

,m

our newbie travelling companions have asked if there are facilities in the staterooms for making your own tea/coffee, and also if hair straighteners are allowed onboard. On Dawn I seem to remember there was a tray for making drinks, but was it just a coffee maker on there :confused:. What's the score on Star, please.

I don't use straighteners so haven't paid heed to the rules about these.

Lastly, is there a 3 pin plug in staterooms on Star, as there was on Dawn. Very useful for us Brits!

Not many weeks to go now - getting excited. :cool:

As a rule in North America tea & coffee making facilities aren't supplied. Tea and coffee is available from room service all day and night.
Hmmm....am I wrong to say there are "coffee makers" in all the cabins balcony and above? Wouldn't that be considered a coffee making facility?

Hmmm....am I wrong to say there are "coffee makers" in all the cabins balcony and above? Wouldn't that be considered a coffee making facility?

Some ships in full suites might have coffee makers.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Some ships in full suites might have coffee makers.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I am pretty sure all cabins balcony and above have coffee makers. Always did on every ship we cruised on. That said, I read a post from someone who was in an inside cabin and all they had to do was "request" to have one and it was brought to their cabin.

Just off Jade, balcony cabin had a coffee maker provided, with ground coffee filter sachets provided and replaced as required. Didn't think to ask for a kettle. I took my own tea bags and headed to the buffet for hot water. Wasn't too bad, but obviously not as good as made properly with boiling water

Off the Jade on Monday. Balcony cabin had coffee maker, as did our previous balcony cabins on Epic and Gem.

We always take a US to 4 socket UK extension lead which I acquired from Amazon a couple of years ago. It has USB ports but they are useless, however the one in the cabin was great. Each UK socket has a switch too but we still unplugged everything before we went out and that includes the coffee maker.