One piece of advice for new cruiser

ltjdennis

I second the suggestion to get to the port a day early. In fact, with the horrible weather we've been having this year, I'd recommend two days if you can do it. And we have even started staying an extra day after the cruise, too. No worries about the ship getting back to port late, problems with immigration/customs, etc.

Most importantly relax and don't stress too much. If you like dressing up do it, if you like to go casual do that. Read cruise critic as some fab info but don't take things to heart particularly if start discussing formal wear (don't think the United Nations could get people to agree on that topic!). Have a fabulous time.

Join the Roll Call for your cruise here on the CC board. You'll get to know and communicate with some of the people that are on your ship. They will also give you tips and information because they are also doing research as to your ship and ports of call. I find this indispensable when I cruise.

I hope your cruise is awesome. Please come back and post on here what you did and how you liked your cruise.:D

Be gracious to the crew members

Don't remove auto gratuities. The crew earns that $$

Get to your embarkation port city at least one day early to allow for delays due to weather or flight issues

Don't be late re-boarding the ship on port days

Have a wonderful time!

If you think you might be seasick (and hopefully you won't) - start taking your meds the night before the cruise.

Don't be afraid to ask - firstly on CC before you cruise and then on board - you cabin crew and restaurant are there to help.

Edited by aussielozzie18