Fort Lauderdale Transfers to POM

duegwb

I know there is a lot of info on here about companies, but I can’t seem to find anything recent. There are two companies that I found to transfer from a hotel in Fort Lauderdale to the Port of Miami and then the Port to the Fort Lauderdale airport.

Here are a few companies I’ve heard of, SAS and Fort Lauderdale Airport Transportation. Has anyone used someone else or know of a good company/car service to use?

We have used SAS in the past and were happy - they are mentioned almost daily on these boards.

I have never heard of the other company - other often suggested providers include Go Airport Shuttle, QLS (quality limo service) and MJS.

No one bats 1000, but if you stick to the popular providers you will likely be happy - check their web sites to see if they pick up at your hotel. ;)

We used QLS shuttle service from our FLL hotel to the port of Miami and then had a pick-up on debarkation day for a return to the FLL airport.

We had a very positive experience with QLS, they kept in constant contact with us by cell so there were no misunderstandings or mishaps. We appreciated this as this was a new port city for us. In addition, QLS starts FLL pick-ups at 9 am -vs- 10 am when some of the other shuttles start their pick-ups. We arrived at the port at 9:40, dropped off our baggage and were one of the first to enter the port when the doors opened at 10am. We are not VIP so having a low zone-boarding number was a nice perk.

The driver was very professional and courteous and even offered to make a quick stop at store for anyone that needed pre-cruise supplies. He even gave us a mini-tour so to speak of the general Miami area that he was driving through.

I would use them again in a heartbeat.

http://www.qualitylimoservice.com/default.aspx?pageid=1

Edited by FlaGrl4Evr

Thank you all for your help.

This is the exact schedule we have planned. I am glad it really worked for you. I didn't realize they also offer a private service. The price difference really isn't that much either. i think they are one of the larger/main companies in the area.

We used QLS shuttle service from our FLL hotel to the port of Miami and then had a pick-up on debarkation day for a return to the FLL airport.

We had a very positive experience with QLS, they kept in constant contact with us by cell so there were no misunderstandings or mishaps. We appreciated this as this was a new port city for us. In addition, QLS starts FLL pick-ups at 9 am -vs- 10 am when some of the other shuttles start their pick-ups. We arrived at the port at 9:40, dropped off our baggage and were one of the first to enter the port when the doors opened at 10am. We are not VIP so having a low zone-boarding number was a nice perk.

The driver was very professional and courteous and even offered to make a quick stop at store for anyone that needed pre-cruise supplies. He even gave us a mini-tour so to speak of the general Miami area that he was driving through.

I would use them again in a heartbeat.

http://www.qualitylimoservice.com/default.aspx?pageid=1

Thank you all for your help.

This is the exact schedule we have planned. I am glad it really worked for you. I didn't realize they also offer a private service. The price difference really isn't that much either. i think they are one of the larger/main companies in the area.

We didn't have a private service with QLS. It just turned out that with 5 in our group plus 7 or 8 other guests from our same hotel, also heading to the port of Miami, that we ended up filling up the shuttle so we did not have to pick-up from any other hotels.

We stayed at the Sleep Inn & Suites FLL Airport/Dania. It seemed to be a popular hotel with cruisers as we met many around the pool the evening prior.

Have Fun !!!

Edited by FlaGrl4Evr

We used FortLauderdaleTransfers.com this past November/December.

Went from the Embassy Suites on 17th Street in Fort Lauderdale to Carnival Conquest at Port of Miami. We set up the pickup time ( wanted to get there earlier than the other companies get there), and the driver was right on time. We were the only passengers on the trip to Miami.

Return trip-- we had a pickup scheduled but we were off the ship early-- we called and they put us in an earlier van back to FLL airport.

The service both ways was excellent, and I will look to book them again this December.

Sent From My IPad

We used FortLauderdaleTransfers.com this past November/December.

Went from the Embassy Suites on 17th Street in Fort Lauderdale to Carnival Conquest at Port of Miami. We set up the pickup time ( wanted to get there earlier than the other companies get there), and the driver was right on time. We were the only passengers on the trip to Miami.

Return trip-- we had a pickup scheduled but we were off the ship early-- we called and they put us in an earlier van back to FLL airport.

The service both ways was excellent, and I will look to book them again this December.

Sent From My IPad

• 2 weeks later...

We used Jiffy Jeff Transport and got prompt service in a nice van at a

very reasonable price for 7 of us.

The driver was also very nice. Be sure they have your cell phone

number so you can communicate with them easily to get your meeting

place, as there are lots of people disembarking at the same time.

We used Jiffy Jeff for round trip shuttle service from FLL airport to the Carnival Breeze at port of Miami last month and was very happy with them. We were four in our party, had a few others in the van too, and it was a comfortable ride. The drivers in both directions were great. We will use them again in October when we need shuttle service from our hotel to the ship. They are very efficient and responsive to our needs. Thank you Jeff and drivers!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

We were a party of six, so I did research the reviews and did decide to use Jiffy Jeff Luxury Shuttle Service ... They were well worth the the transfer service from Ft Lauderdale Hotel to the Port of Miami ... On our return trip we then did use them again from South Beach Hotel back to Ft Lauderdale Airport ... A Very Professional Service along with a Guided Tour during your trip while in the Van ... I Highly Recommend this Shuttle Service, since being a business owner myself and the personal communication touch from the owner of this company ... Costumer Service at the Door Step ... Thanks Jeff

We used Jiffy Jeff to go from Hotel in Ft. Lauderdale to Port of Miami & back again. Service was great, highly recommend this service. This is who I will use from now on. He communicated w/us constantly w/cell phone, so we always knew where he was & when he'd be there!

We used Jiffy Jeff service from FLL airport to Port of Miami and return service from Port to the airport.Very reasonably priced.

The drivers was very professional, exceptionally nice and communicated constantly with us by cell to let us know where we would be picked up.

Highly recommend using their service.We plan to use them for all of our future cruises from the Port of Miami.

www.gojiffyjeff.com

305-588-6143

Lots of 1st time (and only time) posters singing the praises of this shuttle company - I wonder if it is the dirvers creating accounts and posting positive but fake reviews :mad:, or are these actual customers who have been encouraged to post positive reviews? :confused:

Lots of 1st time (and only time) posters singing the praises of this shuttle company - I wonder if it is the dirvers creating accounts and posting positive but fake reviews :mad:, or are these actual customers who have been encouraged to post positive reviews? :confused:

I can't speak for the posters on this thread, but have read many positive reviews on other threads for Jiffy Jeff from folks with multiple posts.

Agreed. They seem to pop up on this thread every couple of months. I don't know too many people who are so thrilled by a shared van service to register an account on a site and post a review on a dead thread...

We've always used Go Transportation and have them booked for our next cruise as well. Very reliable and great rates, especially for larger groups.

Wow! Two back to back positive reviews from first time posters - why do no experienced posters ever provide such glowing feedback to this company? :confused:

I can assure you that Jiffy Jeff transportation is everything that's being said and more. We used them when we cruised on the Dream and plan on using them again in April when we cruise on the Breeze. I can't say enough good things about them. I'm not sure where my post count is at but I would never recommend a company that I had not personally used and felt they earned my business!

We can only answer the Skeptical Poster for ourselves, we aren't imposters nor drivers giving praise to Jiffy Jeff Transportation.We are seasoned cruisers who used Jiffy Jeff for the 1st time we previously used the cruise lines transport and decided to try using an independent transporter.

Our cruise was 10/4 - 10/11/14 on MSC Divina.

Would NEVER recommend someone that didn't give good service.

Would NEVER write a FAKE post because we found Jiffy Jeff on a post!!!

I wrote this down for future use. We used SAS and NEVER AGAIN. First of all had people in the van waiting over an hour to fill the van in the airport, even with a reservation. What was worse than that was our return trip which was pre- arranged with Steve from SAS with email confirmation saying pick up at the Port of Mismi and drop off at Port Everglades. We were doing multiple cruises and had to go from fll to POM. For the first 2 b2b cruises then back up to Port Everglades for our HAL cruise. Not on,y did he lie to us about this pick up, he left us stranded at the curb at POM. His driver said NO, and he told us to call Steve. We did and he admitted to is he lied to us and does not go to Port Everglades.... But I had a email copy of the letter from him stating the dates and pricing confirming this transaction. he then hung up on us and told his driver not to take us. We then called him again which he ignored and let go to voicemail.

I had luckily reserved a car from Alamo just in case his van never showed up... And we used that. Actually saved money renting the car which was only $26 as compared to SAS $30 plus tip! We were lucky to get such a low rAte otherwise we would have been at the mercy of a cab....

Again, I would never use SAS due to complete unprofessional actions of not providing service to which was confirmed. BTW, no one in the van from fll to POM. Would ever use SAS again either, due to such a long wait time in the shuttle until they departed to go to POM.

I wrote this down for future use. We used SAS and NEVER AGAIN. First of all had people in the van waiting over an hour to fill the van in the airport, even with a reservation. What was worse than that was our return trip which was pre- arranged with Steve from SAS with email confirmation saying pick up at the Port of Mismi and drop off at Port Everglades. We were doing multiple cruises and had to go from fll to POM. For the first 2 b2b cruises then back up to Port Everglades for our HAL cruise. Not on,y did he lie to us about this pick up, he left us stranded at the curb at POM. His driver said NO, and he told us to call Steve. We did and he admitted to is he lied to us and does not go to Port Everglades.... But I had a email copy of the letter from him stating the dates and pricing confirming this transaction. he then hung up on us and told his driver not to take us. We then called him again which he ignored and let go to voicemail.

I had luckily reserved a car from Alamo just in case his van never showed up... And we used that. Actually saved money renting the car which was only $26 as compared to SAS $30 plus tip! We were lucky to get such a low rAte otherwise we would have been at the mercy of a cab....

Again, I would never use SAS due to complete unprofessional actions of not providing service to which was confirmed. BTW, no one in the van from fll to POM. Would ever use SAS again either, due to such a long wait time in the shuttle until they departed to go to POM.

I just wanted to add that we too had a negative experience with SAS.... mainly Steve at SAS. During our initial cruise planning, I contacted Steve to see about a shuttle from our FLL hotel to POM and then from POM to FLL Airport after the cruise. Not only did he not respond making me having to re-email him, he was very rude...... I immediately contacted QLS Shuttle where I was given great Customer Service over the phone not -via- e-mail. In addition, QLS sent me confirmation and then continued to keep in constant contact with me via my cell phone on the morning prior to the shuttle arrival and then again right before we debarked the ship in Miami to let me know that they were on time and not to worry.

The shuttle was clean, the driver professional , CSU top-notch as far as giving me piece of mind and above all, they were on time and we did not have to make constant stops for others.

I would use QLS again and again for any cruise needs when I am in the FLL/Miami area to cruise.

**** Just a note- A fellow roll-call member and her husband had a very bad experience with SAS upon their FLL airport pick-up for the trip to their Miami area hotel. The driver was late, rude and they were the very last one's to be dropped off. According to her, it was a 2 hour nightmare and they, also stated that they would never use SAS again.

Just used QLS for the 2nd consecutive year (repositioning cruises from San Juan to Miami flying home from FLL).

This year, we had a very large roll call so someone contacted them and arranged a group rate.

On time and professional. I wouldn't hesitate to use them again.