Ft. Laurderdale Hotels That Are Nice and Offer Free Shuttle and Parking

Great 2 B at Sea

I'm sure this has been asked before, but I wasn't very successful in my research to get an answer. Most posts I found were 4-7 years old, and I'm sure things have changed. And I don't know if what I am looking for even exists! I was wondering if any of you have had experiences with hotels in Ft. Lauderdale that are nice, and also offer both free shuttles to the pier and free parking at their hotel while you are on your cruise? If you have, I would love to hear some feedback on ones you would definitely go back to again. Thanks!

We've stayed at the Fairfield Inn on Griffin Road numerous times. It's a very nice, clean hotel with a good complimentary breakfast, parking and transport to pier.

Thanks, Janet524! I will check out this hotel, along with the one Bob mentioned. It's great to know what we are looking for does indeed exist! :)

it depends upon what you prefer in a hotel...whether you want to stay at 2 star to 5 star property...for us its always a 4/5 star and they never have free parking in fact there are charges generally at most of these hotels per day. I would suggest paying for parking at the terminal at least your car is well protected and it is gated. I would not leave my car at any place in Ft. Lauderdale anything can happen and its not worth getting off a cruise and dealing with problems not mentioning worrying how you going to get back to your car or waiting for a shuttle.

I lived in Ft. Lauderdale for 22 years know all the hotels so let me know what your looking for in a hotel and I give you some ideas.

I'm sure this has been asked before, but I wasn't very successful in my research to get an answer. Most posts I found were 4-7 years old, and I'm sure things have changed. And I don't know if what I am looking for even exists! I was wondering if any of you have had experiences with hotels in Ft. Lauderdale that are nice, and also offer both free shuttles to the pier and free parking at their hotel while you are on your cruise? If you have, I would love to hear some feedback on ones you would definitely go back to again. Thanks!

I usually stay at the Renaissance at the Port. It is very nice and offers a shuttle for $6pp. I do not know about the cost of parking, as we always fly from NY. You can actually see the ships lined up in port from your hotel window--you are that close! And you are right near the waterway. There are several places to eat nearby, too, but 1 year we ate at the Culinary School directly across the street, and it was fantastic! You can actually watch them prepare the food through a glass window (if it is still set up the same way).

I am booked there this coming February as I will be cruising the Oasis then!

Edited by grandmarnnurse

The Renaissance is very nice and I use that one also (17th street causeway not the one in Plantation). I never take shuttles we rather get into a cab ourselves not worry about waiting for strangers to get into a shuttle and just getting into a cab and leaving when we want ourselves it only cost around $13.00 for all four of us in a private van.

Great 2 B at Sea I hope you don't mind me asking a question on your thread? I was wondering does anyone know anything about Sheraton Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port Hotel?

It's an airport hotel, nothing more.

Ouch that doesn't sound good. I hope it's not nasty and run down.

It is literally right on I-95. We always stay at the Sheraton on the beach and pay for parking at the pier. Check out Trip Advisor, you may be happy.

It's obviously a personal decision and the convenience of paying for parking at the port out ways having to wait for a hotel bus for us.

Edited by Oville

I like to fly early am and have the day before in FLL. I enjoy staying at a hotel that offers me a "vacation feel" rather than a weekend feel as small motels give....I enjoy being on the inter coastal, sitting outdoors watching the yachts go by or having a cocktail at a hotel bar either interior or exterior overlooking the water and the pool and having nightly entertainment outdoors there. I also want a nice place to eat and don't have a rental car so having a decent restaurant on property is nice although I can get into a cab and go anywhere....I like to have a nice view and wake up seeing my ship in port...all these are available at the Hilton Marina, Hyatt Regency Pier 66, Renaissance, and the Embassy Suites....as far as anything smaller I don't stay in those places so I can't say, but many here have given you other options on less costly hotel stays.

Edited by lyndamr

I like to fly early am and have the day before in FLL. I enjoy staying at a hotel that offers me a "vacation feel" rather than a weekend feel as small motels give....I enjoy being on the inter coastal, sitting outdoors watching the yachts go by or having a cocktail at a hotel bar either interior or exterior overlooking the water and the pool and having nightly entertainment outdoors there. I also want a nice place to eat and don't have a rental car so having a decent restaurant on property is nice although I can get into a cab and go anywhere....I like to have a nice view and wake up seeing my ship in port...all these are available at the Hilton Marina, Hyatt Regency Pier 66, Renaissance, and the Embassy Suites....as far as anything smaller I don't stay in those places so I can't say, but many here have given you other options on less costly hotel stays.

We do the same thing. We fly in a day ahead and enjoy our day in FL. All the Hotels you mentioned are great! We have stayed at the Renaissance and Hilton and can say they are good choices. I, too, want that vacation feel from the moment I get off the plane, and that means a decent Hotel--never a Motel!! I am definetly not wealthy--I just save for my perfect vacation. I work hard and deserve it! This upcoming cruise we have 2 sons and their families traveling with us, so I gave them the heads-up of the cost of the hotel so it wont shock them upon check in! I reserved our hotel in March for our Feb 2015 cruise, and others must be thinking the same, because our hotel is booked solid for that night already!! And they do provide a shuttle to the port--a quick 5 minute ride! Thinking of trying the Bimini Boatyard Bar and Grill this time the night before. Anyone else eat there before?

The 17th Street hotels are so close to the airport and the port, it doesn't make sense for any of them to have shuttles. Some have an airport shuttle.

That said, I'd go for the Embassy, the Renaissance, or the Hilton. All are very, very close to port and are surrounded by excellent restaurants.

I'd skip the Spring Hill Suites.

We are staying at the Holiday Inn Express Ft. Lauderdale Cruise Port for 1 night before our Thanksgiving cruise. Good reviews - $99/night without parking, $150 for the room including up to either 10 or 12 days parking. It's on 17th St. - we will take taxis to the cruise port instead of using a shuttle. Much quicker and likely cheaper, too!