Some Key West Bars have re-opened and have AC!

Host CJSKIDS

This is good news for Key West! I have also read that most hotels have not taken a total beating. They are estimating to open again to tourists by Oct 20th. Let's hope it's before!

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/weather/hurricane/article173930461.html

I saw a video of Mallory Square today. It looked pretty pathetic. Not destroyed by any means but I don't know about October 20 readiness.

That was the estimate by Key West. They had a lot of damage but were spared what the middle keys got and were on the "clean side" of the storm. People work so very hard cleaning up and things get fixed after storms when there isn't complete devastation. Power and water are still a major issue there. They have set a soft opening date for schools for the 25th. Someone I know posted some pictures today and clean up is on going. The Coast Guard has been very busy. Hopefully a month from now they are up and ready for visitors as the area needs this.

Hope the cats and chickens made it through ok.

I kept thinking about those poor babies during the storm. :(

I read the cats were fine.

Key West was hit hard, but no where near as hard as the Keys just 30miles north. October seems doable.

Great news about Key West.

Celebrity replaced Key West with Falmouth for our cruise in the end of October.

Anyone from Miami knows if the Intercontinental Miami made out fine and is open for business?

Miami is pretty much up and running as normal, I would say 95% fine other than some street lights, a few pockets of people still without power and trees/branches on the ground. We were not hit hard at all. I live a few blocks from that hotel, all is well and normal. Enjoy your stay here.

I saw a video of Mallory Square today. It looked pretty pathetic. Not destroyed by any means but I don't know about October 20 readiness.

check out the new videos on all about the keys Facebook page. There is one today showing Duval Street and one yesterday showing Mallory Square and the clean up has been amazing.

https://www.facebook.com/allaboutfloridakeys/?hc_ref=ARQOTo18MjswlxruiG292L_33kfQqLi9oSFo9QisXJwvHKAzsCU2gV27WmgnO5h2GBM

We are booked to visit Key West (by land prior to joining our cruise) in mid December and so I have been watching the situation and they certainly seem to be working hard on clearing up Mallory Square and Duval Street.

All reports I am reading suggest that the hotels have escaped serious damage and certainly, whilst the website of both our hotel and hotels.com both show no current availability, both are showing availability at our hotel (Hyatt Centric) from Friday 13th October.

I am aware that this is one week before the authorities say that Key West will be open to visitors, but the article I read did say that they were aiming for 20th October, but that this date might be advanced.

Miami is pretty much up and running as normal, I would say 95% fine other than some street lights, a few pockets of people still without power and trees/branches on the ground. We were not hit hard at all. I live a few blocks from that hotel, all is well and normal. Enjoy your stay here.

Thank you.:)

We are booked to visit Key West (by land prior to joining our cruise) in mid December and so I have been watching the situation and they certainly seem to be working hard on clearing up Mallory Square and Duval Street.

All reports I am reading suggest that the hotels have escaped serious damage and certainly, whilst the website of both our hotel and hotels.com both show no current availability, both are showing availability at our hotel (Hyatt Centric) from Friday 13th October.

I am aware that this is one week before the authorities say that Key West will be open to visitors, but the article I read did say that they were aiming for 20th October, but that this date might be advanced.

Celebrity replaced Key West with Falmouth for our Oct 28 cruise. We were scheduled to dock there on Nov 3. Now we will dock at Falmouth on Nov 4.