How do I get to LFK??

rarasnake

This is no late April Fools Day joke...

I was just looking at a review and I am in LOVE with LFK... If I could afford to change our cruise plans and this was sailing the week of 5/16, we would totally be on that boat...

But, that leaves me to my question, how do you get to Little French Key?? I know it is part of Roatan, which is in Honduras. What port of call am I actually looking for, when trying to get to this island??

Help, please?!?

PS. I am looking at this to get an idea of how much it will cost to go. I am going to try and hit Hubby up for another trip (and this time without the kids, if we can)..

They have a website. You can google it. Several packages. All the details are there.

They will come and pick you up.

As far as ports go, it'll depend on which cruise line you are sailing on. Most cruise itineraries just say Roatan, Honduras. NCL, RCCL, and others dock in Coxen Hole. Carnival, Princess, Hal, dock in Mahogany Bay. If you're not on any of the mentioned cruise lines, Mahogany Bay has a web site with a cruise calendar, You can look on that calendar and see if the ship you are on has docked there in the past, or is docking there in the near future. If not listed , there a good chance you'll be docking in Coxen Hole.

The latter is closer to LFK. If you google a Roatan map, look on the south (bottom) shoreline. Depending on the detail of the map, you'll see Coxen Hole just a little ways up from the left corner. Then you'll see a bit further up French Harbor. About half way between the two towns is Mahogany Bay (some older maps still say Dixon's Cove) and about halfway between MB and French Harbor is LFK. There's only one main road along the south shore, from Coxen Hole to French Harbor with short turn offs to MBCC and LFK.

Edited by crewsweeper

Thank you soo much! That was exactly what I needed!! Really not sure who we will use yet as far as cruise lines (we have 4 small kids at home and will be working out childcare while we are gone), so the bottom dollar will definitely count..

Thank you again! Off to see about cruise fares!

Here's a map to show you the distance.

All the way to the left is where NCL docks. The middle (Mahogany Bay) is where Carnival docks. Then to the right you will see Little French Key. I'm honestly not sure what other lines dock where, but someone else has listed the most common ships and where they dock.

Your transportation to and from the place is included with your AI admission. :)

lfk%20maya%20key%20distance-L.jpg

Here's a map to show you the distance.

All the way to the left is where NCL docks. The middle (Mahogany Bay) is where Carnival docks. Then to the right you will see Little French Key. I'm honestly not sure what other lines dock where, but someone else has listed the most common ships and where they dock.

Your transportation to and from the place is included with your AI admission. :)

lfk%20maya%20key%20distance-L.jpg

You are a regular wizard with the maps. Good on you!

Roatan now has non stop flights from Miami and other key American cities. I flew NY - Miami - Roatan in business class and stayed for a week at Infinity Bay on West Bay Beach. LFK arranged transport for us on a non cruise day, there were maybe only 50 others on the island that day. I was the only snorkeler who went out with Donatelli, lunch was relaxed, and we were able to find a quiet place to lounge and enjoy the beauty of LFK. This was after being on maybe 10 cruises that stopped at Roatan, it's one of my favorite islands in the Caribbean.

You can use a vacations to go and enter search criteria like Roatan under places to visit. You can enter other criteria like travel months, departure port, cruise line, ship, etc. I'm sure several other sites have similar search criteria. I use other site like cruise dot dom or carnival to pick a cabin and book through the site or through a PVP.

Edited by pamawi

You are a regular wizard with the maps. Good on you!

LOL, I'm always on google earth when I'm planning and trying to figure out where I want to go and the distance, so it just makes sense to keep a copy of my findings because I can always guarantee that someone on here will want to know as well. :D