New Celebrity Visa Credit Card, don't make my mistake.

rucruisn2

I have a cruise booked on Celebrity for December, so while tooling around their website I saw a promo to take out the BK of Amer visa card and get a free specialty dinner for 2 plus onboard credits. Thought it a no brainer so I took it, promptly charged $7k on it and the noticed that if I had taken out their premier card, ($69.00 annual fee) I would have qualified for $300.00 off of my concierge cabin. I called to see if I could just upgrade my card, pay the $69.00 and get the $300.00. No can do, have to take out a New card, charge the $5k on that, and then it would work. Don't have enough time for that before my cruise. Learn from my stupid mistake.

Is it possible to pay the balance of $1502 for a cruise (due Oct 15) and get the specialty dining, 10,000 bonus points = $100 plus 3000 bonus points = $30 and have it available to spend on said cruise? I think it just might be worth it for me although the interest rate is higher than anything I've ever encountered before. All of my cards are around 7-8%, not 13-15% :(

Is it possible to pay the balance of $1502 for a cruise (due Oct 15) and get the specialty dining, 10,000 bonus points = $100 plus 3000 bonus points = $30 and have it available to spend on said cruise? I think it just might be worth it for me although the interest rate is higher than anything I've ever encountered before. All of my cards are around 7-8%, not 13-15% :(

We have had the RCCL Visa for awhile, and the exchange minimum has been 10,000 points and up. So yes you will be given $130.00 for the 13,000 points. The % won't matter if you pay in full ea month.

New to all the perks one can receive. I applied and received this card and want to get the rewards promised me in the solicitation. Charge 1500.00 within 65 days and receive the 90.00 towards a dinner at a specialty restaurant and 100.00 obc (I was given the 10,000 points for opening the account). Now, how do I go about applying these to my cruise in April? Through the credit card company or Celebrity. Sorry to be so naive. New to sailing and never had a perk before. Thanks!

New to all the perks one can receive. I applied and received this card and want to get the rewards promised me in the solicitation. Charge 1500.00 within 65 days and receive the 90.00 towards a dinner at a specialty restaurant and 100.00 obc (I was given the 10,000 points for opening the account). Now, how do I go about applying these to my cruise in April? Through the credit card company or Celebrity. Sorry to be so naive. New to sailing and never had a perk before. Thanks!

Do not exchange your points till you get the credit card statement that shows you used it to make final payment, that should be 45-50 days out.

Then call the Capt Club desk, the phone prompts will take you to the person to get er done! Do not use the 800 # to BOA! It will take forever to get posted. We now wait till we get on ship to upgrade our bev pkg and buy the speciality dinning pkg, useing the Visa OBC to cover it!

Edited by wallie5446

I will get the $90.00 specialty dining, $100.00 for the 100,000 bonus point plus $100.00 for over $10,000. charged, right??? Is this combinable with other perks I already have?

The credit card perks have nothing to do with the booking perks. We got the Celebrity card, in addition to the RCCL card just because of what you mentioned. So this will be our first time getting the dinning perk. I will wait a couple more weeks to call and cash em in, but when I do, I will come back and let everyone know how it works.

We will have points from both the Celebrity and RCCL cards to exchange.

EW

Thanks Wally. I'm holding off calling too, trying to charge the most I can by then. I want them to take the credits directly off the price I paid for the cruise.

I don't think they will apply them that way, tho I have not asked. You may want to call the Capt Club and ask.

Yes, they do, sort of. There is an option to get a discounted cruise price, starting at 15,000 pts = $150. If you have already made final payment you get a credit for that amt. on your credit card statement. That's better than OBC because you get it right away but if you only have 10,000 pts OBC is your only option

Edited by WestLakeGirl

Last week I cashed 15000 points and had $150 credited to my credit card, it was after Final Payment, very easy to do. This is independent of any other cruise discounts, perks, etc.

Go to the Celebrity home page, at the bottom right is an image of a credit card. It appears that this is where you would go to apply for a new card, but cashing in the points is also embedded within this click area.

Click on it and when it takes you to the next page go nearly all the way to the bottom and you will see "Already a Cardholder" and "Redeem My Cruise Points"

From there you will b taken to the managedrewardsonline area of fiacardservices.com. Log in there.

You will see all the options for using your points. One of them is to discount the price of the cruise.

Cruisestitch, yesterday I did as you suggested to redeem my points (currently have 18,000 but will make a final payment on a January cruise in November and once that appears I hope to redeem to discount the price of the cruise as you suggested. I went through the screens after Already a cardholder? and saw the options for redeeming points but never saw the box to discount the price of the cruise. Any more clues to where I should look or does it not appear until after the final payment for the cruise in question?

It should be there whether final payment is made or not. If you go for the cruise discount after final payment they credit the amount back to your credit card.

Here are the steps I used. I think you were with it until step 6 but I'll put them all down just in case

1. Click on the lower right corner of the Celebrity home page, where you see a picture of the credit card

2. Scroll down until you see "already a cardholder"

3. Click on "redeem my cruise points"

4. This transfers you to the MyCruiseRewards website

5. Log in with your BOA log in and passcode

6. The next thing I saw was a box called Make MyCruiseRewards Yours with five boxes inside it --

Stateroom Upgrades

Cruise Discounts

Merchandise

Cruise Vacations

Onboard Credits

7. Click on Cruise Discounts

8. You will see discounts for both Royal Caribbean and Celebrity. The minimum to redeem here is 15,000 points.

9. If you have fewer than 15,000 points, you can go to the Onboard Credit box and redeem in multiples of 5,000 points.

I hope you find it!

• 3 weeks later...

Looking at the Celebrity rewards card, it states you must charge ($xxxx) to receive the benefits. Can anyone tell me if a Balance transfer is considered a charge to the card, so that you would be able to receive the promotions running, or do you need to complete an actual charge.

Thank you in advance for any information.

Looking at the Celebrity rewards card, it states you must charge ($xxxx) to receive the benefits. Can anyone tell me if a Balance transfer is considered a charge to the card, so that you would be able to receive the promotions running, or do you need to complete an actual charge.

Thank you in advance for any information.

When we got it a bal transfer did not qualify.

• 4 weeks later...

Just a follow-up. I got the card a few weeks ago with a balance transfer offer for 0% one year but the limit was too low for me to transfer a full balance. I called and they increased my balance and gave me the deal for 18 months.

I also received my dining credit letter so I called and made my ressies for OceanLiners and then transferred my OBC to my reservation as well.

Now though I can't remember why I thought I'd have an additional 3000 bonus points lol...I did have the 10,000 which equated to $100 but does anyone remember what the additional bonus points were about?

Anyways, good deal for us!

Do you guys realize that the FREE Capitol One credit card offers 1.5 points for every dollar spent which can be redeemed in cash or a credit to your bill? And that card has no international transaction fees? Far better deal, IMHO.

How about the Fidelity Signature Visa which pays 2% cash back each month?

As they say, there's no such thing as a free lunch :)

Would it not be better to have a card that allows one to redeem points for a wider variety of perks, or better yet, a cash-back card that can be used for a reserve fund to pay for that special extra?

I finally cancelled a card that cost me over $100 a year to collect air travel points for flights that were never free by the time the dust settled and the taxes and fees were paid. I now have a no fee card that gives me bonus points to use at a local hardware chain with unlimited choice of goods, and a second card that does not charge a premium when I use a different currency, and I a more than happy with both.