loyal to carnival demoted from platinum to gold

pink roses

I have not been able to cruise in 2 years, I do not know when the changes came about but I recently found out I am no longer platinum but am now gold. I went on 10 cruises with Carnival and even had my sister, try them out, now all I get for a perk on my cruise is a bottle of water. WOW!!!! I am very disappointed. Can anyone tell me when this happened? I do realize they are going by days cruised instead of cruises so I do not need that info. I am not a complainer but was wondering if it would help me get any of my perks back to call Carnival.

I have not been able to cruise in 2 years, I do not know when the changes came about but I recently found out I am no longer platinum but am now gold...

It didn't (or shouldn't have) happened. Log on to Carnivals website and verify your credit for all ten cruises, the dates should be there. If all ten left port before 12/31/2013 you are still platinum.

My wife and I made platinum by number of days and cruises. Our daughter made it by number of cruises. We've sailed at least twice with her since the changes and she's the same as us.

Edited by BallFour4

I have not been able to cruise in 2 years, I do not know when the changes came about but I recently found out I am no longer platinum but am now gold. I went on 10 cruises with Carnival and even had my sister, try them out, now all I get for a perk on my cruise is a bottle of water. WOW!!!! I am very disappointed. Can anyone tell me when this happened? I do realize they are going by days cruised instead of cruises so I do not need that info. I am not a complainer but was wondering if it would help me get any of my perks back to call Carnival.

Per your history

Carnival Glory June 2013

Ecstasy October 2011

Triumph October 2010

Freedom June 2009

Fantasy January 2009

Fantasy September 2007

Fantasy June 2007

Holiday March 2007

Conquest October 2006

Elation October 2005

Two things... Check Your Profile under carnival.com and make sure that all 10 cruises are actually listed.. If they are, then you should still be Platinum. If they are not, then you need to find the one that is missing, find a picture, receipt, anything to prove that you were indeed on that ship and they'll add it and change your status to Platinum. You should be Grandfathered as a Platinum cruiser.. Good luck

From what I understand.... if you have 10 cruises, you should be grandfathered in to the platinum level.

You can log into your account on carnival.com and it will list your cruises. Then you can call Carnival and talk to a rep. about your benefits, or if a cruise is missing off of the list, you can also find out what photo or "proof" of the cruise you can send in to have it added.

This should be an easy fix, so don't get upset yet. :):):)

Good Luck

I understand the desire/need to move the goalposts but, they should have grandfathered those that had already achieved a status.

They did:D I'm grandfathered. Got to my 10 with a short cruise. Do you have a list of your cruises? It might be found on the Carnival site somewhere, that's how I got my list. If your list doesn't include all your cruises, find some tidbit of proof you were on that missing cruise in order to get credit for it.

Thanks to all of you as I said I am not a complainer so I appreciate your advice before I call. Yes, all 10 of my cruises are listed but I am listed as gold. Thanks sooooooooo much! I will get back with you as soon as a get my (hopefully ) good news.

Thanks to all of you as I said I am not a complainer so I appreciate your advice before I call. Yes, all 10 of my cruises are listed but I am listed as gold. Thanks sooooooooo much! I will get back with you as soon as a get my (hopefully ) good news.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes! :)

Good luck, let us know.

When we were close to platinum checked our history and determined that two of our first cruises were missing from our records.

Sent in some stuff and one was added and one was denied. This got us to platinum

Waited a few years and when we were a few days short of Diamond resubmitted and this time they approved it.

I am just a lowly red cruiser....

I had to chuckle a little when I read the title demoted. Immediate thought was "at least you were not laid off" hehe... Sorry, had to have a little fun.

Hope all goes well.

All is well ! I am platinum again, Yeah! I get my clothes washed that is a biggie for me and my sister since we are going on one of the Journeys cruises. THANK you everyone on here.

Did they give an explanation? I assume all your cruises were on THEIR list?

All is well ! I am platinum again, Yeah! I get my clothes washed that is a biggie for me and my sister since we are going on one of the Journeys cruises. THANK you everyone on here.

congrats on your promotion :)

just out of curiosity, if all 10 cruises were listed, but your status was gold, did they offer any explanation to how / why that happened?

That's one of the biggest perks for us.