24 Hour Courtesy Hold

molly361

Does anyone know if the 24 hour courtesy hold is a firm 24 hours or if there is any leeway time wise? Thanks

If you need more than 24 hours, release the cabin after 20 or so hours then put it back on a 24 hour hold.

Thanks it all worked out. My sister just found out that her TA never sent her deposit in to Celebrity last September and her August Alaska cruise had been cancelled. Now that it is only 3 months out cabin choices were limited so I put one on hold for her until she got it sorted out with her TA. Everything is settled now and she got the cabin that I had put on hold. I just wasn't sure it could all happen today

Thanks it all worked out. My sister just found out that her TA never sent her deposit in to Celebrity last September and her August Alaska cruise had been cancelled. Now that it is only 3 months out cabin choices were limited so I put one on hold for her until she got it sorted out with her TA. Everything is settled now and she got the cabin that I had put on hold. I just wasn't sure it could all happen today

If she had to pay a higher price or lost some perks, the TA certainly owes her!

Regarding putting a reservation on hold, please remember to check for price of the same stateroom category before you take it off hold or proceed to booking. I made the mistake, after final payment, on a suite and my TA booked it taking it off hold. The price on the same stateroom dropped $400 during the 24 hours hold which we could have gotten instead of using the room that was put on hold. I saw it while/after my TA was booking it. I was off the phone while he worked with Celebrity on my reservation and that was when I saw it and called him back. Celebrity refused to budge on giving a refund even though it was within minutes because it was past final payment period.

The only thing that they got from the TA is that the agency paid the difference between a 2B which they were originally booked in and a 2A which is what they have now. They are part of a group of 20+ so I don't really know what they paid. The TA would not give them anything else for the trouble,

• 3 months later...

I do not know if they refer to the same, in my case I just received my 2 confirmations for a B2B. Reservations were made by a local travel agent and authorized by Celebrity. In the copy of the passenger I received by email says that I have up to a week to pay the deposit but if I sign up on the website of Celebrity says that they are in hold and that they expire tomorrow.

Does anyone know if the 24 hour courtesy hold is a firm 24 hours or if there is any leeway time wise? Thanks

I have used the courtesy hold a great deal in the past. The hold was actually more than 24 hours in virtually every case. It lasted 24 hours from midnight EST following time the hold was placed on the room. It would then be automatically cancelled freeing the room again. It was possible to wait until a minute after midnight EST and start a new courtesy hold.

The reason for the past tense is that the last time I tried to use this facility on the UK website I could not find the courtesy hold option so I have no recent experience.

.......... My sister just found out that her TA never sent her deposit in to Celebrity last September and her August Alaska cruise had been cancelled.........
This is just one more example of why it is so important to make sure that you always receive your updated Guest Copy of the Celebrity Invoice whenever you make a payment and that you check it carefully.

Do not rely on your copy of the TA's invoice.

The TA's invoice may show that you have paid, but it is no assurance that the cruise line actually received or posted the payment, or even if they did, that it was applied to the correct reservation.

Unfortunately, when you give a reservation to a TA, you can no longer see your billing and payment information in your Celebrity reservation online and the cruise line sends your Guest Copy of the invoice to the TA instead of sending it directly to you.

A good TA then passes your updated Guest Copy of the Celebrity invoice along to you whenever you make a payment or a change.

But if your TA doesn't, by all means ask for it, and then check it over carefully each time to avoid problems like the one described by Molly361.

Edited by fleckle