Adding Historic C&A Points

Hi all,

Has anyone had past experience in adding missing historic C&A points. It was only until recently did we work out we were missing vital C&A points.

RCCL are not being very helpful in added the points and saying it is up to us to prove we sailed on the missing cruises... In a couple of cruises time we will be Diamond Plus so we would like to add the missing points which we have earned and therefore have a right to.

The long and short of it is that we ALWAYS without fail cruise as a family which comprises of myself (the son) Mother and Father. Upon inspecting our C&A points its evident that we are all missing different cruises, some as recent as last year.

RCCL will not accept we always cruise together and said they require proof.

1. Why should a guest be chasing around looking for evidence. Surely RCCL have historic data showing how many cruises each guest has been on?

2. We have been on so many cruises that I genuinely think I am unable to find any evidence to act as proof (invoice, SeaPass Card etc) we sailed on the various missing sailings.

Any ideas.....? :D:D:D:D

I was about to suggest the photo. Our TA was able to get our missing cruise added and it wasn't even one he booked. It was before we knew him, but we sent him the photo and our points were quickly added. I always save my Seapass card, but didn't start it until years after the missing cruise. So seapass card, invoice, any charges for when you used to sign the paper receipts on board, photo of boarding taken by cruise ship photographer and just a few of the ways you can verify you were on the cruise. Just saying that you always travel together probably won't do it.

Had the same situation a few years ago. I won't go into the details, but my suggestion is to call several times until you get a C&A rep who can find the missing info for you. I was actually calling about something else one day, mentioned the situation and magically this rep found the missing cruise and applied the points. Good luck!:)

RCCL must have a record of past cruises somewhere ....

I was able to get a cruise added by just telling them the cruise date and the crown and anchor number of the person I sailed with. They were able to call up the reservation number and see that I had traveled. I would keep trying.

My son was missing one. They added it after telling them the ship and sail dates. I think it's just a matter of giving them enough info to go on rather than asking them to research it for you.

I was able to get a cruise added by just telling them the cruise date and the crown and anchor number of the person I sailed with. They were able to call up the reservation number and see that I had traveled. I would keep trying.

I have tried very hard. Sent an e-mail to the CEO of RCCL UK (Stuart) and a lady from his office called me and said there is nothing they can do unless I have proof....

I was able to go back over 20 years to get my account correct. I gave them my maiden name and my married name and the ship name(s). I also knew approximately when the cruise was and the representatives on the phone were able to find my past cruises and credit my account. It took a little over a week for it all to process and go through but I now have all my credits.

I was able to go back over 20 years to get my account correct. I gave them my maiden name and my married name and the ship name(s). I also knew approximately when the cruise was and the representatives on the phone were able to find my past cruises and credit my account. It took a little over a week for it all to process and go through but I now have all my credits.

Then I can not understand why RCCL are making life so hard for the both of us.

I know the dates of the cruises we went on as they are missing off the other family members profile so I can work out all missing dates...

My son was missing one. They added it after telling them the ship and sail dates. I think it's just a matter of giving them enough info to go on rather than asking them to research it for you.

I know the dates of the cruises we went on as they are missing off the other family members profile so I can work out all missing dates...but they still won't add the points without proof.

It's proof of purchase - just like any other business. If they didn't require some measure of proof everyone would be Pinnacle.

I've had credits added using boarding photos, copy of the invoice and (for a really old one) a copy of the passenger manifest that they gave everyone.

Edited by Beachin2

It's proof of purchase - just like any other business. If they didn't require some measure of proof everyone would be Pinnacle.

I've had credits added using boarding photos, copy of the invoice and (for a really old one) a copy of the passenger manifest that they gave everyone.

Well IMO the systems at C&A are clearly not fit for purpose... :rolleyes:

I know the dates of the cruises we went on as they are missing off the other family members profile so I can work out all missing dates...but they still won't add the points without proof.
On my Visa card I can pull up several years. How did you pay for the cruise? How did you pay for anything charged on board? I save all of my Sea Passes but the next place I would go is your Visa card, that always has a huge paper trail.

Good Luck

Dawna

Do you have any paperwork at all?? Reservations, Sea pass cards, etc, anything to go off of?

Are they able to look into a sailing that one of you did get points for and see who else was on the reservation? - I know that they can only go back so far when they do that (and I'm not sure how far that is).

Personally that is where I would start.

Wow.. a copy of the manifest they gave everyone... that was a while ago! I didn't even know they ever did that :eek:

I keep all of my seapass cards. They have a name and the date of sailing, so if proof is ever needed they can find it quickly.

I had some points added from a couple past cruises, but had to send proof of the cruise. I sent copies of photos taken when getting on the cruise and they accepted it and added the points. The one cruise was on a ship from the Admiral Cruise Line, which years later, I found out that Royal owned the cruise line at that time. I called, sent proof of our cruise and were given the points from that cruise.

So, yes, you can, but you do need proof. Otherwise, anyone can say they were on a Royal cruise and ask for points.

Gwen :)

I'm no expert, but companies only keep records for so long, than they either get discarded, or put in archives someplace, that is not easily accessible. With that being said, it makes sense.

I needed my first cruise posted. It was no problem to fix. I copied my boarding pass, and they added. it. It was 26 years ago, and before computers.

They still asked for proof. Makes sense to me.

Not to hijack the thread, but how are past cruises counted anyway? I've been on 3 7 day cruises yet I have 22 points? Is that something I need to fix?

Your points sound fine if your cruises are a little older. The cruise line used to give 1 cruise credit per cruise but changed to one point per night a few years back. At the time of the conversion, they gave some bonus points to make up for longer cruises. With 3 cruises, it was 3 times 7 plus 1, so your 22 points. If you had more cruises or sailed in suites, numbers worked a little differently, but for the number of cruises you have, 22 points is correct.

For cruises going forward, it is 1 point per night and 1 additional point per night if in a suite.

I had some points added from a couple past cruises, but had to send proof of the cruise. I sent copies of photos taken when getting on the cruise and they accepted it and added the points. The one cruise was on a ship from the Admiral Cruise Line, which years later, I found out that Royal owned the cruise line at that time. I called, sent proof of our cruise and were given the points from that cruise.

So, yes, you can, but you do need proof. Otherwise, anyone can say they were on a Royal cruise and ask for points.

Gwen :)

Do you know when Royal owned Admiral? I sailed this line in the late 80's and would sure love to add those points. Thanks in advance.