Azamara earliest disembarkation time

qualifiedcruiseologist

Depends how soon the ship is cleared through customs. This can vary depending on the previous ports of call and the amount of bureaucracy at Istanbul. From the port to the airport is about an hour (Ataturk), I would allow an hour & 15 mins, as it can be a bit of a jam getting over the water to the Golden Horn & on to the airport. Given that you usually should be at the airport 2 hours prior to an international flight, I would think you would be pushing it. People have got off very early in some ports, but these had docked the night before.

I would think 9am is cutting it a bit fine. Just my opinion.

Karyn

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Well, Turkish Airlines on-time departure rating is 67%, so you have a good chance of your flight being delayed.

I agree about the Istanbul traffic, and depending on your day of the week it could be a little lighter on Saturday and Sunday.

A good back-up plan is to check Turkish Airlines policy about changing flights to a later time if you decide to keep the 9am departure.

No way would I recommend or book a flight scheduled to depart 3 hours after the scheduled port arrival time!! That 6 AM arrival time is simply an estimate and when the ship arrives at the dock and not the time you are able to disembark the ship.

With all that goes on to dock the ship and prepare for disembarkation highly doubt even if the ship arrives on time you will be able to leave the ship before 7:30 assumes the ship gets to the dock at the scheduled time. Then there is finding and getting your luggage, going thru immigration/customs and either getting a taxi or your pre-arranged transport. This gets you toward 8 AM with an hours drive if traffic cooperates getting you to the airport just about when the airplane leaves the gate.

This doesn't include check in, security, immigration, etc. So, even if the ship arrives on time your chances of making your flight are as good as snow storm in Hades!!!!

Find another flight and don't be hassled on the last day of your cruise!!!

Edited by rallydave

I'm having a déjà vu moment. The OP has asked this question before a few times. I'd agree with others. 9am is too early for a flight. Nearer 12 earliest would be my choice.

BTW, to the OP, if you post questions here and people take the time to respond it's nice if you come back and acknowledge it.

Phil

Every time I have spent multiple times in Istanbul the traffic from fairly early in the morning and continuing throughout the day has been bumper to bumper and just plain crazy. We saw taxi's and private cars trying to drive over sidewalks in an attempt to skirt traffic... This of course caused further gridlock!

In other words even if the OP could walk off at 6am.... A 9am flight is just not happening! Noon or 1pm is a far safer bet. JMHO