Your take on Bermuda

tinykygal

DH and I are planning a RCCL cruise in the US but have visited all the Eastern, Western and Southern Ports except Bermuda.

Would you recommend Bermuda?

The reason we want to sail RCCL is that we have an open booking.

Thank you.

October we'll be taking yet another cruise to Bermuda. At this point I have no desire to cruise anywhere else!

Bermudians are lovely, polite people. Nobody chased me down to braid my hair...... It's clean and safe.

Alaska was too cold.

Hated, hated, hated Bahamas.

I LOVE Bermuda. It's by far my favorite destination in the Caribbean. It's beautiful, the people are polite and warm, and the public transportation system is fabulous. Don't hesitate to book a cruise to Bermuda!

Last time I checked Bermuda wasn't in the Caribbean.... Lol! Sorry! ;)

Ugh--see what happens when you leave your brain at work? :) I must go apologize in person to the wonderful people of Bermuda!

Ugh--see what happens when you leave your brain at work? :) I must go apologize in person to the wonderful people of Bermuda!

That's alright. I am amazed by people who have no idea where Bermuda is and some have actually been there.

Told a friend we were cruising from Boston to Bermuda. He wanted to know if we were stopping at Key West.

Just got back today from Bermuda - sailed on the Grandeur. The whole experience was wonderful. It is beautiful all-around, very historical, and the people are super friendly. It is not poverty-stricken and has a lot of expensive homes, golf courses, shopping, etc. There is some poverty of course but not like some places in the Caribbean. The beaches are all amazing. Bring you wallet because everything is quite expensive! Note that to get there and back you will cross open ocean as opposed to being in the Caribbean. It can get rough at times - we crossed behind Hurricane Bertha on the way back and we did experience some high seas for about half a day.

We've been on 11 cruises throughout the Carib and to Bermuda, and we've stayed on several islands and in many areas of Mexico. We've also stayed in Bermuda.

For a cruise option BDM is a great destination - gorgeous beaches, interesting towns and history, and great dining. There is an excellent transportation system in place (bus and ferry) and it is very easy to get everywhere on your own, no need for tours.

Definitely take a cruise to Bermuda, you will see some similarities to places you've already been, and the people are wonderful.

While there be sure to enjoy Warwick Long Bay and Jobson's Cove, gorgeous beaches and much quieter than Horseshoe. And think about how nice it would be to stay right across the street from WLB and be able to walk there, or in one of the resorts nearby if you want a more expensive resort experience. We consider BDM one of our top 5 vacation spots, and although it can be expensive there, you can stay inexpensively by renting an apt right in the south shore area. You can enjoy some of the nightlife while on a cruise there, if you decide to go there are some fun spots and great musicians we can recommend.

Thank you for your responses.

There was a comment re:poverty, but that is everywhere.

We enjoy the Caribbean , but we want to visit somewhere else...Bermida might be it.

Do you have a favorite time of the year to visit Bermuda?

Edited by tinykygal

Thank you for your responses.

There was a comment re:poverty, but that is everywhere.

We enjoy the Caribbean , but we want to visit somewhere else...Bermida might be it.

Fall is my favorite . The water is nice and warm . Less kid's .

June - July is nice and warn and drier, we've also been there in Sept and enjoyed warm but muggier weather. Definitely not a colder month destination! :eek:

My husband & I are headed to Bermuda on the Breakaway in September & we couldn't be more stoked!

Welcome to Cruise Critic .

Your going to love Bermuda .

No Stokin though , they do bring dogs on the ship and are very strict about what you bring into their country . :D

We've cruised to Bermuda at least 20 times over the past 30 or so years on various ships and lines. Absolutely our favorite 7 day vacation! AS you're there for (now 3, used to be 4 days) and you can get on/off the ship 24/7 there is no rush to see/do everything in one 8hr stop. It's clean, compact, and the people are gracious. Sept/early Oct is or favorite time to go.

Welcome to Cruise Critic .

Your going to love Bermuda .

No Stokin though , they do bring dogs on the ship and are very strict about what you bring into their country . :D

Hahaha, thanks!!!!!!!! Very excited. Cruise Critic is amazing & the forums have been extremely helpful [emoji106] [emoji173]

Although there is another life on land ;)

Super dupe...didn't know that you can come & go as you please 24/7 off the ship! We are going to Bermuda for the first time for our 1st anniversary & couldn't be more excited.

Does anyone happen to know anything about this party NCL has in port one of the nights? Is it different than Harbor Nights? Thank you [emoji1]