Anthem balcony cabins deck 6 question

Hi all,

I'm looking for a little help with booking a DO cabin on deck 6. I have read in several reviews that the cabins are alternate layouts along each side with every other one having the bed by the balcony and the ones in between having the bed by the bathroom. I would really like to book a cabin with the bed by the bathroom but cannot seem to find out which numbers these cabins are. Can anyone who has been on Anthem or even Quantum on deck 6 six please let me know their room number and what layout they had. I would be really grateful.

Thanks.

I'm booked in a DO room 6224 for next year and was wondering if the lifeboats will be in the way?

6224 is listed as a 50% obstructed view. The top of the lifeboat comes to the top of the railing.

Cabin 6226 beside you has the lifeboat davits in front of their cabin that blocks more of their view.

a78aa6ca-0447-46e3-bb54-00add356f1c8_zps4848ea60.jpg

The red dots represent the lifeboat davits. Those cabins have a 75% obstructed view.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

Some good pics here, starboard side, you can count cabins with the help of the deckplan :)

Go to post #6 on this page:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2199321

The perspective makes it hard to judge degree of obstruction tho'. There are pics out there, do some searching on Quantum as well. Looking at the linked pics, looks like 6218/6618 would be looking out between two davits.

Edited by pspercy

• 1 month later...

When booking deck 6 be very very careful of which cabin, the bionic bar is very noisy till around midnight, we got offered another cabin on night 2 but it was above the smokers area, we refused, then after 4 nights complaining we got moved to a junior mid ships

• 2 months later...
I booked SB 6650 and have friends in 6654 & 6658.....hopefully we will be ok!

Hi mnh, I've just noticed a post you made back in July about cabins on Anthem. Have you already sailed or is this one you've booked on in the future? We are in cabin 6658 (as you say your friends are), leaving on 28th September 2015 ....soo excited !!

If you haven't set sail yet, I'd be happy to pass on some info about the cabin to you/your friend. If you have, perhaps you could pass info to me?

Regards

Gill

Cabin 6260 has an extra large balcony, just on the edge above Jamie's Italian outside eating box. No noise at all from anything, not even the fog horns. But it is Obstructed by a new mini lifeboat not listed on any booking or any pictures, but it's there. We have got 10% of our cruise money back because of this.

Hi all,

I'm looking for a little help with booking a DO cabin on deck 6. I have read in several reviews that the cabins are alternate layouts along each side with every other one having the bed by the balcony and the ones in between having the bed by the bathroom. I would really like to book a cabin with the bed by the bathroom but cannot seem to find out which numbers these cabins are. Can anyone who has been on Anthem or even Quantum on deck 6 six please let me know their room number and what layout they had. I would be really grateful.

Thanks.

i was on anthem in 6218 an the bed is next to balcony hope this helps:)

We were on the May 2015 sailing, 16 nights, in cabin 6638 (spa jr suite). Bed was next to the bathroom/shower. Small loveseat next to the balcony. Great cabin!!! Be sure to check for price drops. We got very lucky and were able to upgrade to this cabin about 4 weeks before sailing at no additional fee (originally booked in a balcony on deck 12).

You will have a great time! Awesome ship!

• 3 months later...
Hi all,

Thanks.

DO 6620, bed was by the balcony.

Both cabins are forward and obstructed. 6160 has virtually no obstruction and sofa is by the bed. 6162 has obstruction but a huge triangular bump balcony. Bed is by the balcony. This is personal preference, but we didn't find the obstruction to be distracting. Also 6162 seemed to be a slightly bigger room.

Hope this helps! Also, it is easy to open the balcony (one small panel by the balcony) between 2 rooms.

6224 is listed as a 50% obstructed view. The top of the lifeboat comes to the top of the railing.

Cabin 6226 beside you has the lifeboat davits in front of their cabin that blocks more of their view.

a78aa6ca-0447-46e3-bb54-00add356f1c8_zps4848ea60.jpg

The red dots represent the lifeboat davits. Those cabins have a 75% obstructed view.

Here is a new link to what I believe was the shot that the link in post 4 didn't go to.

5abd3642-2747-44c3-9ad5-f2a75c21046b_zps32a9405d.jpg

Edited by robtulipe

We are looking at booking 6174 on Ovation, which I presume will be same layout as Anthem or Quantum. Would anyone have a balcony view out for 6174 or 6574? Any other feedback on the room location. Noise or smokers etc? There is not much left that is available for the cruise we are looking at, and it appears that there are two davits very close together in front of this cabin. Thanks in advance!

Having figured the bed position...balcony or bath......layout on the Oasis class and the Solstice class, what is the starting trick to figure this on the Quantum class.?

Solstice one counts from triangle or square notation on room...every other one

Oasis starts with paired rooms and the R side of pair is always balcony.

What's the trick for Quantum???

Having figured the bed position...balcony or bath......layout on the Oasis class and the Solstice class, what is the starting trick to figure this on the Quantum class.?

Solstice one counts from triangle or square notation on room...every other one

Oasis starts with paired rooms and the R side of pair is always balcony.

What's the trick for Quantum???