LAX Domestic-International Terminals

Laurie S.

The last time we flew out of LAX overseas was almost three years ago and my memory is fuzzy. Isn't there a shuttle that you take with your luggage from a domestic airline terminal to the international one? We'll be flying in on Southwest and then going on Philippines Air. Is it too far to walk between those terminals with luggage?

You can look this up online easily.

The LAX terminals are in a horseshoe. WN arrive into Terminal 1 and PR fly from Tom Bradley International Terminal which is at the end of the horeshoe. It's about 750yrds between the two. What luggage you have and your mobility of course I don't know. There is a bus service that runs around the terminals. Personally, I walk between the terminals at LAX cutting through the parking garages in the centre area if need be.

LAX is currently under major renovations/construction... as long a you're mobile enough, you'll probably get around on foot faster that by shuttle... you should be able to just grab a luggage trolley to help with your luggage.

Southwest is near the airport entrance & Bradley (international) is at the end of U... if you walk really, really slowly it's 15 minutes... it's not all covered though, so if you're coming in the next week, we've got some much needed rain. :)

it's not all covered though, so if you're coming in the next week, we've got some much needed rain. :)

I could be wrong, but I believe it is covered for the entire way on the lower level (since there's the upper roadway above). There are uncovered gaps on the upper.

Thanks, I can easily handle that distance, not sure about my husband. We're hauling two large bags each, two of which are for dive equipment.

Use a luggage cart(s) for your walking transfer between T1 and TBIT.