Rainy day on a beach excursion? La Casa en La Playa

123linz123

I am thinking of booking

La Casa en La Playa - A Select Retreat in Cozumel.

But what happens in bad weather, do we still have a beach day in the rain? This isn't cheap at $130 each but I guess it would be wasted money if it rained that day.

FYI this would be on 1/7/2014

Thank you for reading

L

That's expensive! I booked Nachi Cocom for 5 for $180 total, includes food and drinks, even alcohol. Also booked a day pass at Westin in Grand Cayman for 5 for $154 total which includes private beach, pool, and room access!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

If I was you, I would wait until you can see a weather forecast or even wait to book it on the ship so you can see how the weather will be. I agree that's a lot of money to shell out for a rainy day at a beach.

It sounds exclusive only 14 people can go, so I can't wait and watch the weather forecast.

Everything is included, at a private house with a personal chef. The reviews are excellent.

I don't think it's worth it and will stick with Nachi, but to answer your question, yes you would have a nice house on the beach in the rain.

As I said I always go to Nachi and they have a large dining palapa so even if it rains we stay dry. I actually spend most of my time under the palapa even when the suns out and only occasionally take a dip in the pool or walk along the beach......I love being at the beach, just not out in the sun.

We each packed a small, folding umbrella last month cruise-bound for the Caribbeans with a not-so-good forecast of shower, rain & tropical storm. Never needed it - except, it is always useful as sunshield for the hot sun and as UV protection. It came in very useful in Grand Turk while waiting for the guys to setup the beach umbrealla shades & clamshell.

Edited by mking8288

• 10 months later...

It downpoured on the day we booked this excursion, and Carnival refunded our money with NO HASSLE and we spent the day on the ship. Our friends who booked directly with Nocci Cochum (NOT through Carnival) said they could NOT get a refund, so they went and had a miserable time in the rain.

Book Nachi. We did La Casa en La Playa and felt it was the most overpriced excursion we have ever done.

The beach was just OK, the drinks were just OK and the food was so so.

Definitely stick with Nachi. We were so disappointed with La Casa. It was way overpriced. IMHO it is worth about $50.00 PP at the max.

We did the Champagne Catamaran in St. Thomas. Now that is a $100.00 PP excursion.

If it is raining that bad your ship will likely not arrive in Coz; as mentioned above, most of the rain in Coz is finished in about 15 minutes - for me a perfect time to enjoy the swim up bar (you can't get any more wet! ;))

I am thinking of booking

La Casa en La Playa - A Select Retreat in Cozumel.

But what happens in bad weather, do we still have a beach day in the rain? This isn't cheap at $130 each but I guess it would be wasted money if it rained that day.

FYI this would be on 1/7/2014

Thank you for reading

L

We are booked on this excursion. Sounds wonderful. I saw a review from someone who said it rained the whole time there and they still had a blast. Just had to move indoors.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We are booked on this excursion. Sounds wonderful. I saw a review from someone who said it rained the whole time there and they still had a blast. Just had to move indoors.

Oops. Old post. How was the excursion?

If it is raining that bad your ship will likely not arrive in Coz; as mentioned above, most of the rain in Coz is finished in about 15 minutes - for me a perfect time to enjoy the swim up bar (you can't get any more wet! ;))

This might depend on the season. We were there in December last year for a week- and it rained at least 6 hours every day, and all day two of the days, often heavily. There weren't any tropical storms in the area.

In April, we had only a 30 minute shower.

This might depend on the season. We were there in December last year for a week- and it rained at least 6 hours every day, and all day two of the days, often heavily. There weren't any tropical storms in the area.

In April, we had only a 30 minute shower.

I agree!

I was on the island for the Ironman last December (not competing, I hasten to add!) and the winds were very strong and seas very rough, with a huge downpour during the running event. I have also been there on a cruise ship day when it was cool and windy and certainly not an ideal beach day.

However since the OP visited in January this year I guess they either took the tour or not. Not sure why this thread was suddenly revived.

Edited by c-leg5