swim diapers??

sunsetme

Nope...few ships have "splash zones" for those in diapers.....you can bring a blow-up tub, if you want your baby to splash. Empty it in a shower or floor drain..NOT into the pool! It's a major sanitary issue! Even swim diapers allow water to "flow through" any diaper contents. Urine isn't an issue, but fecal matter IS a HUGE problem! Do NOT put anyone, child or incontinent adult, into any pool!

Primarily Disney & some of the larger RCCL ships have splash areas for diapered children. RCCL is very strict with this policy. There might be a few other ships with small areas, but no actual pools.

On a side note...on RCCL potty trained children could not go in the area for non potty trained (fear of them then going in the regular area & contaminating it). Disney did not have any restrictions like this (they also had to close the kids pool multiple times due to actual accidents/contamination).

A very few ships have dedicated areas for children in swim diapers, who are not potty-trained. The children are allowed only in these areas, and as noted, they are splash areas either with no standing water, or a maximum of 2" deep. These ships are the DCL ships, and the RCI Freedom, Oasis, and Quantum classs ships. This is a USPH sanitation regulation, not something decided by the cruise lines.

I have never understood swim diapers...I know they aren't suppose to balloon like regular diapers when they are wet but every since my son peed right through a swim diaper, I have yet to understand their purpose.

I have never understood swim diapers...I know they aren't suppose to balloon like regular diapers when they are wet but every since my son peed right through a swim diaper, I have yet to understand their purpose.

They're only meant to catch poop. You're only supposed to put them on immediately before entering the pool because, as you've experienced, they do not absorb urine.

There are actually quite a few Royal Caribbean ships with splash areas now since they are doing the "revitalization" program. We have cruised on 2 that are not of the classes mentioned earlier and they are in place. I would search based on your dates and itinerary wants first as odds are you'll be able to find a ship that has something in place for little ones.

They're only meant to catch poop. You're only supposed to put them on immediately before entering the pool because, as you've experienced, they do not absorb urine.

Thanks for the explanation! I had bought a package and just ended up using two before tossing the rest out.