Pillows on Divina

MLinFL

Can someone tell me about the pillows on the Divina (in the "regular" cabins). I had heard they were not very good, but I tried searching the threads and can't find comments. Also, how many are on each bed? (I'm thinking if they are thin, I could use two.)

I thought about bringing my own - but that takes up WAY too much luggage space.

Thanks -

Mary Lou

Can someone tell me about the pillows on the Divina (in the "regular" cabins). I had heard they were not very good, but I tried searching the threads and can't find comments. Also, how many are on each bed? (I'm thinking if they are thin, I could use two.)

Thanks -

Mary Lou

The pillows are the worst at sea, they give you 4 on the king bed but you can ask for more. The insides feel like kernels of popcorn, other than that the ship is great.

Thanks -

Mary Lou

Mine are packed! Bob

At first I didn't like the European style pillows at all, I asked our cabin steward and he got us some nice NEW ones that were much better and not worn down. Made the difference for us!

I don't think they are European, just bad! We don't like thin lumpy pillows over here either! Some are worse than others on MDC ships. I usually travel alone, so sorting through 4 of them I usually find one that is better than I lay on top of another one. If all 4 were bad, I'd ask my steward to swap some.

No idea why they are so bad, but they seem to be consistently thin and lumpy across the fleet!

We were ready for the "bad pillows" (wife is more likely to complain about this). However, she just requested a couple more and was fine on our 10-day cruise. I usually have just one, but used 2 and they were fine. Turned out to not be an issue for us....

• 2 weeks later...
How did you like the Divina, Bob???

Hi Anne Marie, how did I miss you?? The Divina is a beautiful but confusing ship. I called deck 6 aft the dead zone because you couldn't go anywhere from there except to the Villa Rosa restaurant. The entertainment staff was great and we had a lot of fun with David from Italy, Can (John) from Turkey and Daniella from Brazil. Loved the shows and the food was OK. Let's just say that I didn't lose weight. We spent a lot of time listening to the Duo (Ameritalian) in the La Luna Piano Bar. Our waiters in the main dining room were confused and often mixed up our orders. Winton and Velma helped make the cruise fun as well as Bret who gave us a great tour of the ship. Too bad the weather didn't cooperate. Our cabin steward (Reno) was a great guy and even kept in touch with us when we changed cabins for the second week. The second week was a completely different feel as there were many more Europeans and we heard Italian spoken everywhere we went as well as some German and Spanish. It was also a younger crowd on the second week with many more children. I was more comfortable the first week, but enjoyed the second week as we had friends with us. Bob

I agree Bob. The food was very hit or miss in the MDR and communication with our head waiter sometimes led to us not getting the right food, and ordering wine in the MDR was especially frustrating. Once MSC works out those few kinks, it's going to be hard to find a better ship than the Divinia.

After reading the reviews of the pillows on Divina, we fretted about bringing our own pillows vs. risking neck problems and pain if we didn't. So, we did a bit of research and discovered that there is a Ross Dress for Less store on Biscayne at Chopin Plaza near the POM. We made a quick trip to Ross and picked up a couple of nice pillows for $8.99 each and a couple of pillowcases and we were all set for the week on Divina. We did wind up taking the new pillows home anyway, but saved ourselves the potential neck-aches. A good option if you don't want to carry your own from home.

After reading the reviews of the pillows on Divina, we fretted about bringing our own pillows vs. risking neck problems and pain if we didn't. So, we did a bit of research and discovered that there is a Ross Dress for Less store on Biscayne at Chopin Plaza near the POM. We made a quick trip to Ross and picked up a couple of nice pillows for $8.99 each and a couple of pillowcases and we were all set for the week on Divina. We did wind up taking the new pillows home anyway, but saved ourselves the potential neck-aches. A good option if you don't want to carry your own from home.

Very good idea.

Very good idea.

Great idea. Ross is near the Intercontinental hotel too. Also a CVS.

I've traveled in the YC (where they have a "pillow menu") as well as a regular cabin. I didn't know how nice the YC pillow choices were until I traveled in a standard cabin...I told my husband if the Dollar Tree sold pillows, this would be what they'd sell. :p

Worth bringing your own or even buying some near the port, if you can.

Enjoy your cruise! :)

Michelle