Christmas and New Years on Azamara

travelberlin

Has somebody been on board any Azamara ship for Christmasand New Year and can share with us their experience?

We have sailed twice for Christmas and New Years. Once with Oceania and once with Celebrity. While in Oceania the whole athmosphere, celebrations and menue were very nice and grand, in Celebrity, besides the Christmas tree on the bottom of the stairs we did not find anything memorable.

How is it on board Azamara ships?

on dec 24th at 6 or close to it there will be a sing along of carols. after that enjoy drinks and dinner.. nothing comes to mind on dinner.. your evening show either the 24th or 25th- is a very funny Christmas show. it was written by Eric if I recall.. i only seen it on the JR.. There is a Cmas day brunch - dinner is sit down I think it is the normal menu.. I have given away tons of chocolates to all the help.. even sending it down to the laundry room and engine room... these peopel work hard and enjoy being remembered. /COLOR]

Has somebody been on board any Azamara ship for Christmasand New Year and can share with us their experience?

We have sailed twice for Christmas and New Years. Once with Oceania and once with Celebrity. While in Oceania the whole athmosphere, celebrations and menue were very nice and grand, in Celebrity, besides the Christmas tree on the bottom of the stairs we did not find anything memorable.

How is it on board Azamara ships?

We were on the Quest last year for New Year's Eve. We were supposed to be in St Bart's but due to rough seas and a bay crowded with private yachts we could not get close enough to tender safely. We returned to St Martin where we docked. The deck party was awesome with a fireworks display provided by St Martin. Wonderful evening even if we missed the intended port. This was our 3rd New Years cruise, all on different lines, and Azamara's celebration was the best hands down. It was a cruise from San Juan to Miami. There were many large multi generational family groups along with a company that had 100+ employees on board so the demographics was very different from a typical Azamara cruise. Lounges and specialty restaurants were crowded but I don't think this is the case most times.

I have spent the last 3 holidays aboard and am looking forward to this year aboard the Quest. Azamara does a wonderful job. The ship is all decked out. The crew goes above and beyond to make it fabulous. New Years all depends on where you are. Have seen wonderful fireworks in Phuket, Rio and hope this year in Hong Kong it will be fantastic!

5f59e16fa2b52c89a2601056af58b2ab.jpg

Christmas on board the Quest was lots of fun. I wrote it up in a trip report which is in my signature line. It was our first Azamara cruise and I can't think of a better introduction than that.

Thanks for sharing this photo. Brought a smile ...

bb

We were also on Azamara for Christmas and New Year's last year. It was very nice. We are especially looking forward to the fireworks off of Copacabana Beach this year. :)