Carnival Glory to open new included Guy's BBQ restaurant.

aenglish1609

Just saw it on John's FB. Sounds pretty awesome to me!

http://www.carnival.com/cruise-food/guys-pig-anchor-bbq

"When the cool ocean breeze hits your nose with the sweet smell of smoke, you know you better follow it to Guy’s Pig & Anchor Bar-B-Que Smokehouse. At this onboard, open-air spot, Guy's doin’ his authentic, real-deal barbecue, his way. The Barbecue Hall of Famer is bringin’ some big time meats like Championship Pork Butt, Smoked Round of Beef, Smoked Andouille Sausage and his famous Blue Ribbon Chicken as well as rockin’ sides like Mac Daddy Mac n Cheese, Old Skool Potato Salad and Collard Greens. Throw in his signature line of barbecue sauces and you’ve got a rockin’ sea day on deck."

Edit: Sorry I meant Magic, not Glory

Edited by aenglish1609

That looks great! We don't sail the Magic until next year but it's just another thing to look forward to. They didn't say where, so I wonder if it will be where the Seaside BBQ was. They did a remodel but didn't get the Carnival BBQ place. Guys sounds much better!

So glad you posted this, will be sailing on her in November of this year. We love Guy's burgers and am sure we will love his barbeque as well. On the Breeze in December we didn't really care for the barbeque they had at Fat Jimmy's, it had to much heat in it and all the meats were prepared the same. The meat itself was fine but couldn't even finish it because it was so spicey. I enjoy heat but literally had to drink a glass of water afterward. This will be a welcome change for us to enjoy! Can't wait till November!:D

I just told my husband about this for our upcoming cruise and he is stoked.

I wonder why they didn't just "add" it during dry dock when the other changes were made. Or did they? Last thread I read about the Magic and any bbq was whether or not Fat Jimmy's would be on board.

I just told my husband about this for our upcoming cruise and he is stoked.

I wonder why they didn't just "add" it during dry dock when the other changes were made. Or did they? Last thread I read about the Magic and any bbq was whether or not Fat Jimmy's would be on board.

I read a press release about this that stated it was added during dry dock. It also said that a "traditional smoker" was added and all rubs and sauces were Guy's recipes.

I'll have to wait until Sept of 2017, but I'll be watching here for reviews.

Hank

The article states "sea day":eek:

Hope that is not right. I saw that it said "you've got a rockin' sea day on deck." Hopefully that is just some marketing stuff and it will be opened more than just sea days.

I did notice that there is no "Coming Soon" banner across the article like there was for all the other new additions during dry dock. I am surprised that no one who was on the first cruise after dry dock has mentioned it. Of course, there is only one review for the Magic after dry dock right now.

Don't get over excited folks. It's just Fat Jimmy's rebranded. The same as they did when the original BBQ on the Dream on sea days was rebranded to Fat Jimmy's. There may be an addition or two or a slight change in FJ's menu. But no one is smoking pork butts and briskets on the Lanai deck port side on any ship. It's straight outta galley. Chicken sausage, pork just like now.

Not sure what "Hall of Fame of BBQ" Guy is in but it's certainly not the same one as Myron Mixon or Tuffy Stone. Guy's get his bejeeus kicked out of him going up against LeeAnn Whippen or Corey Brinson or any one of the competitors in BBQ Pittmasters, much less the local BBQ circuit in Texas.

Don't get over excited folks. It's just Fat Jimmy's rebranded. The same as they did when the original BBQ on the Dream on sea days was rebranded to Fat Jimmy's. There may be an addition or two or a slight change in FJ's menu. But no one is smoking pork butts and briskets on the Lanai deck port side on any ship. It's straight outta galley. Chicken sausage, pork just like now.

Not sure what "Hall of Fame of BBQ" Guy is in but it's certainly not the same one as Myron Mixon or Tuffy Stone. Guy's get his bejeeus kicked out of him going up against LeeAnn Whippen or Corey Brinson or any one of the competitors in BBQ Pittmasters, much less the local BBQ circuit in Texas.

Fat jimmys rebranded, sure looks way better. Better sides, better sounding sauces, more standard bbq menu.

And this ship didn't have fat jimmys but the oceanside bbq with hamburgers, hot dogs and tacos... :rolleyes:

A huge improvement on paper.