Calling all former Dawn Family Suite passengers

puli

it seems that the recent 30 day dry dock transformation did not affect/change the foggy windows in the Family suites on deck 12.

So for all future deck 12 suite seekers who thought this would no longer be a factor in cabin selections would those who have stayed in one of the "foggy window suites"please give the cabin number and rate how widespread the damage...i.e. 1 pane, some panes, or all 4 sections.

thanks, a disappointed booked cruiser.

it seems that the recent 30 day dry dock transformation did not affect/change the foggy windows in the Family suites on deck 12.

So for all future deck 12 suite seekers who thought this would no longer be a factor in cabin selections would those who have stayed in one of the "foggy window suites"please give the cabin number and rate how widespread the damage...i.e. 1 pane, some panes, or all 4 sections.

thanks, a disappointed booked cruiser.

We were in 12512 last year. The windows had some fog, but nothing that would ruin a vacation. We still were able to see out just fine. We had a lovely view of the dock yard and watched the Oracle yacht sail by several times.

OP, it's best to write out all the stateroom numbers for Google or the CC search to catch on to this thread, together with multiple words for fogginess. You might get more reporting back on the issue even if this thread dissapears to the les active pages. Good luck :)

I wouldn't let a window ruin my cruise. I don't spend that much time in my cabin or suite, anyway. I can see your point though, you're paying to have a view.

Quite a few of those rooms on Dawn/Star deck 12 don't have balconies so all you get is windows.

We were in DOS 12500 in May, the windows fogged up a bit, we could still see out them, wasn't a big deal.

We were in 12032 in November, those window didn't fog as far as I can remember, I asked my husband and daughter and they didn't remember them fogging either, so if they did, its minimal.

Don't know what was done on both the STAR and the DAWN during drydock

to the foggy windows in question.

On the STAR Deck 12 there are/were 24 suites forward adjacent or near the Library.

Of those only -4- were SD class balcony suites the remain suites were SJ.

The STAR 2014 trip thru the canal my cabin 12012 (balcony) had 2 huge windows

1 of which was almost totally fogged over the other partial near the seaming

between the two.

My neighbors in 12016 had two of their windows completely fogged.

Photo attachment:

Photo of NCL STAR deck 12 at Huatulco observation point about half a mile

away from a park observation point.

The broad black line with two small balconies in the middle is the deck 12 suites.

xxxxx

On the DAWN Deck 12 there are/were 24 suites forward adjacent or near the Library.

Of those -10- are SD class balcony suites the remaining 14 are SJ Family Suites.

The DAWN NOLA 2015 trip west-carib my cabin 12030 (balcony) did not have any glass fogging

only notable problem was the balcony door opened at an odd oblique angle.

xxxxx

Yes it would be interesting to note if NCL during the dry-docks of both of these ships did any repairs to the stateroom windows.

Forward of these suites are the -4- DOS over the Bridge with no balconies and a all glass exterior.

DSC04132PS.jpg.50651c856944b135bf7ffa39eee4538a.jpg

Don't know what was done on both the STAR and the DAWN during drydock

to the foggy windows in question.

xxxxx

On the DAWN Deck 12 there are/were 24 suites forward adjacent or near the Library.

Of those -10- are SD class balcony suites the remaining 14 are SJ Family Suites.

The DAWN NOLA 2015 trip west-carib my cabin 12030 (balcony) did not have any glass fogging

only notable problem was the balcony door opened at an odd oblique angle.

xxxxx

Yes it would be interesting to note if NCL during the dry-docks of both of these ships did any repairs to the stateroom windows.

Forward of these suites are the -4- DOS over the Bridge with no balconies and a all glass exterior.

don't-use-real-name I will be in 12030 in a few weeks! Did you like the room? I was "moved" from 12028, I know that had a bigger balcony, but do you know if this room is actually bigger? I didn't want to move closer to the front to 12026, I know... the balcony is bigger! I just didn't want to feel more movement, elevators can get me sometimes!!

TIA!!

don't-use-real-name I will be in 12030 in a few weeks! Did you like the room? I was "moved" from 12028, I know that had a bigger balcony, but do you know if this room is actually bigger? I didn't want to move closer to the front to 12026, I know... the balcony is bigger! I just didn't want to feel more movement, elevators can get me sometimes!!

TIA!!

Cabin Room - probably an inch or 2 centimeters - virtually no difference.

Balcony - 12030 smaller and way too much deck furniture have your butler

or cabin attendant remove it someplace else.

BIG ISSUE ! The jogging running walking track right over head from 12032 to

12028 - so if option for 12026 take it a much quieter cabin and the ride

difference from 12030 -12026 maybe 35-40 feet is not that much different.

If ride is a big thing get a suite cabin on deck 11 midship - but you will be

missing the real spacious cabins on deck 12. Once on board talk up a

cabin crawl with other suite cabin mates - I show you mine - may I see yours !

The suites on deck 12 are so much nicer and tad bit bigger than those on deck 11.

Can't get a balcony suite consider the SJ balcony-less - a lot of room and

a significant difference in price !

This is a video of Family Suite 12510 on the Dawn from April 2014. You can see the second window from the left fogged up.

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

Edited by Crany