ncl star baby sitting

ozysanj

hello fellow cruisers

i wonder if norvegian star offers any kind of baby sitting service or a night nursery like some companies offer..

we will travel with our kids ages 5 and 2,they will be sleeping by 8 pm latest and we would like to be able to enjoy dinner or show for couple of hours in the evenings..

Any experiences?

thanks in advance

Escape is the only NCL ship that offers a nursery for kids under 3. Your 5 year old can be in the kids club, but your 2 year old will need to be with you guys at all times.

Edited by LrgPizza

hello fellow cruisers

i wonder if norvegian star offers any kind of baby sitting service or a night nursery like some companies offer..

we will travel with our kids ages 5 and 2,they will be sleeping by 8 pm latest and we would like to be able to enjoy dinner or show for couple of hours in the evenings..

Any experiences?

thanks in advance

You might look into this (quoted from an NCL related website):

"Norwegian Cruise Line: NCL offers youth programs and group babysitting for children ages 2-12, including a ‘FreeStyle Play” period where all age groups play together. Group babysitting outside of the complimentary Kid’s Crew program runs $6 per child per hour, and $4 per hour for additional siblings. NCL does not have programs in place for children under age two, and no private babysitting is available."

Edited by Silver Sweethearts

You might look into this (quoted from an NCL related website):

"Norwegian Cruise Line: NCL offers youth programs and group babysitting for children ages 2-12, including a ‘FreeStyle Play” period where all age groups play together. Group babysitting outside of the complimentary Kid’s Crew program runs $6 per child per hour, and $4 per hour for additional siblings. NCL does not have programs in place for children under age two, and no private babysitting is available."

That is only on the Escape. Some cruise lines do have in cabin babysitting, but not NCL.

You can always bring a small "umbrella" stroller and if the 2 y/o is asleep, then just push them into the dining room or into a show.

I'm sure other's will blast me for that comment, but over 11 years ago, that is exactly what I did with my son. He was asleep/out cold. So we enjoyed the evening show and a few after dinner drinks in a lounge listening to music. At the show, we sat it the back in case he woke up, but never did. It was quite enjoyable.

At this point, we pay as much for the 2 y/o as any other passenger, so don't let that stop you from enjoying all different aspects of your cruise. Of course, like I said, if the baby wakes or cries, etc, then of course be courteous and leave wherever you may be

Actually here's what NCL says....and the 2 yo would be covered but the stroller suggestion is a good idea. Or if you have a balcony cabin, you could go out on the balcony and have a glass of wine or two.

"Are babysitters available?

No, Norwegian doesn’t offer babysitting but instead offers Group Sitting Services for children ages 3-12 years old every night from 10:30pm - 1:30am (Late Night Fun Zone) and on port days while the ship is docked.

On Port Days, a minimal fee is charged only during scheduled meal time per the activity booklet.

Nightly at Late Night Fun Zone, there is an hourly fee of $6.00 USD per hour, per child and $4.00 USD per hour, per child for each additional sibling.

Parents are encouraged to sign up in advance for both services. If no children are signed up or dropped off by 11:30 pm for the nightly service, the youth center will close for the evening. The fees are charged to your on-board account. Fifteen minute transition time is offered before charges apply from Splash Academy to Late Night. Both services are run by the Youth Staff in the Splash Academy Facility.

Hours of Operations

Port Day: Arrival into Port – Departure from Port

Overnight In Port: Arrival in Port – 8:00 pm"

https://www.ncl.com/faq#babysitters

Edited by cml4958