Horizon

Love2Cruz2015

1. Are we going to have a subforum on the Horizon as she's getting built like we did with the Vista?:)

2. Who is planning on sailing on the Maiden Voyage? Slated for March 2018 deliver. If it happens to fall during Spring Break...I think this might be the time I try a MV for the first time.

3. What new features do you think it will have?

I really hope there's a sub forum for Horizon.

We won't be able to do MV but will probably be on the first cruise in June after sons graduation.

I hope there are more than 1 Havana Cabana suites that sleep 4 people.

Where do you want the first season to sail? We're hoping for British Isles or Baltic.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

- I really don't think there needs to be one for Horizon. The sub-forum for new builds thing started with Oasis of the Seas because the threads on it were completely flooding the main RCCL forum. It was one of a kind and the anticipation for that ship was unparalleled.

People asked for one for the Vista...its been 3 years since it opened and it has yet to even reach 1k threads. While new builds are always exciting, its not exciting enough to the point it will completely take over the main Carnival forum.

With all that said....there will probably be one as the precedent is already set lol

-Not really a big fan of maiden voyages but I do plan on sailing the Horizon before it crosses over to the US. Perhaps the transatlantic?

-No clue what they would add, I think they've done a pretty good job with the Vista. I'd like them to completely revamp the "Liquid Lounge" space. Great idea, terrible execution. I'm probably very alone in this but I'd like to see more specialty dining venues, one like NCL's Food Republic would be amazing. I'd also like to the the addition of a 24 hour complimentary diner style venue.

Edited by TheTravelista

I'm indifferent on the sub-forum. I'd love to be on the MV and a Mediterranean is certainly on my bucket list but i'll only be 30 when she sails so I have a long time for a Mediterranean.

With 3 kids, probably a 4th on the way by then and a sailing in Dec 2017 it'll be tough to swing that by the wife.

I think they might split the European season. If she is launching in March then the Mediterranean until late June/early July. I think she will then move to either British Isles or Baltic or maybe a combo of the two (every other week thing).

On Facebook, John Heald did run a survey as to where the Horizon should sail during inaugural season..and there were a few different European choices...must mean other itineraries are being considered.

I will definitely sail here...just not sure it will be while she's on the other side of the pond. I only have one week in March available and that is Spring Break due to my kid's schedule. Can't stretch it as it's when FL has their standardized testing, so we can't miss it. In the Summer, I'm already resolved to try MSC's new ship Seaside, so it may mean Horizon sail date for us will be Winter Break 2018 where she'll already by in Florida (I hope):D

I didn't see much detail about changes/innovations on the Horizon in this article from earlier today, other than this reference:

"Carnival Horizon will have extra-large Family Harbour cabins among its wide range of accommodation categories."

Does that mean even bigger than Vista or the same 'extra-large' Family Harbour cabins the Vista already offers. Who knows?

Full Article: http://www.express.co.uk/travel/cruise/698109/Carnival-Cruise-Line-Carnival-Horizon-new-ship-announcement-Vista-class

IMO, a sub forum would be fine. But truly folks its way too early for speculation of what's going to be on board, what cabins will look like and where da heck is it sailing from. Besides, a March cruise in the Baltic would not be smooth sailing weather wise. And I doubt the Europeans would be willing to go north versus south.

• 5 months later...
1. Are we going to have a subforum on the Horizon as she's getting built like we did with the Vista?:)

2. Who is planning on sailing on the Maiden Voyage? Slated for March 2018 deliver. If it happens to fall during Spring Break...I think this might be the time I try a MV for the first time.

3. What new features do you think it will have?

No much change from the Vista, sister ships.