New Happy Hour on the Crown

Working 2 Cruise

Back in the day, I drank Korbel Brandy on the rocks all the time. That was a LONG time ago!!!. Now I am pretty much a beer girl. Drink an occasional margarita or a Mango Rum and Crystal Lite, but give me my Miller Lite any day of the week and I am a happy girl:p

Anyone have any experience ordering multiples? Say ordering 3 beers and getting 6? Just thinking that if they let you do that it would be a better deal then the "buy 5 get the 6th free"

Recently we did just that. Ordered 2 got four. Enjoyed the 3 on our Balcony later that day. Just requested bottles not be opened.

On the just-completed Crown cruise, happy hour was in the Wheelhouse Bar every day from 3-4 and 10-11pm. Any drink $10 or under was 2/1, and our favorite waiter told us that there was a mother & son traveling together who came in every 3-4 days and order 12 beers each. They'd transport them back to their cabins in their Princess bags. Happy sailing!

I wonder if Princess will discontinue this experiment when they read all these comments.

Why would they keep it when so many are telling them that it will result in lower profits .

I agree. So many things have gone by the wayside because of all the chatter on this site. We used to be able to bring as much wine as we wanted on board but too many people bragged about that and now it's limited to two. We could buy one FCC and two people would get the benefit. Now that's gone. People could get their OBC back in cash if they didn't spend it and now. . . . well you get the picture.

The "profit is in the pour" meaning Princess will still make money selling at half price for one hour. Think about all the people that will get there early to get a seat and those having a good time and continue the party long after the happy hour is over. Princess is not going to be missing out on any profits. A smart move IMO.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I agree. The Wheelhouse was pretty empty the first day, but by the end of the cruise, it was standing room only and everyone was having a good time. Even at half-price, Princess has to be smiling. We don't normally hang out in the bars, but we certainly enjoyed these happy hours!

Anyone have any experience ordering multiples? Say ordering 3 beers and getting 6? Just thinking that if they let you do that it would be a better deal then the "buy 5 get the 6th free"

A previous post by a CC member said he ordered 3 and received 6 and had them placed in an ice bucket......drank some at the pool and took the rest back to his cabin and kept on ice.

I will be on The Crown in December,hope this 2 for 1 is still happening.:)

Sounds as if it has been held in Crooner's,Wheelhouse, or Skywalkers.

Is this special advertised in The Patter or word of mouth at the bars?

I did view the "happy hour 2 for 1" in a recent Crown Princess Patter.....take a look at this thread that lists various Patter sites......

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2066581&page=5