New Happy Hour on the Crown

Working 2 Cruise

Ooh' date=' if you can get the Korbel champagne split unopened, my mom and I are going to be working this deal on the Grand and Pacific! :)[/quote']

On the Grand last month, if you asked, they would leave any drinks purchased by the bottle unopened and let you take them back to the cabin...

It is on the CB and Ruby.

Can you buy more than one - like buy 3 beers, get 3 free? Rather than buying buckets, this is a much better deal so would rather buy the BOGO and just use them in my buckets rather than buying 4 and getting 1 free.

There was a post a bit ago saying yes that the poster did find that a better deal and he bought several and just didn't have them opened. I'd carry along something to carry them back to the room. ;) Now if I could get them to pour my "extra" wine into an empty bottle..:D

That is exactly what I plan to do on Ruby. I am a beer drinker so will go to the BOGO at 3 and get several and take them back to the cabin. Then at 11 I will go and get more. Then I won't have to buy the buckets, this is a much better deal!

If I remember correctly, on the Grand last month they at least had Bud, Bud Light, Coors Light, Dos Equis & Grolsch (with the re-sealable flip-top) in bottles and Stella plus some others on tap. I think other ships have pretty much the same selection...

I know Ruby has Miller Lite as that is what I drink and bought on Ruby in January.

That is exactly what I plan to do on Ruby. I am a beer drinker so will go to the BOGO at 3 and get several and take them back to the cabin. Then at 11 I will go and get more. Then I won't have to buy the buckets, this is a much better deal!
I wonder if Princess will discontinue this experiment when they read all these comments.

Why would they keep it when so many are telling them that it will result in lower profits .

I wonder if Princess will discontinue this experiment when they read all these comments.

Why would they keep it when so many are telling them that it will result in lower profits .

I think by doing this, they are maximizing their profit. Because if there was no happy hour, people wouldn't buy so many anyways!

I think by doing this, they are maximizing their profit. Because if there was no happy hour, people wouldn't buy so many anyways!

BINGO!!! You hit the nail on the head. Plus, during happy hours, for each drink you buy, you get an entry for a drawing held on the last full day for some prizes. On the Grand last month, three people each won a bottle of wine.

BTW, I don't see why you couldn't use the HH BOGO to buy beers and use them in lieu of the buckets of beer...

Edited by Av8tor

Dh and me will be right there with you on the Ruby doing this. :D:D

On the Grand last month, if you asked, they would leave any drinks purchased by the bottle unopened and let you take them back to the cabin...

Yay!

BOGO little bottle of Korbel!! Life just keeps getting better. ;)

It is sad how happy this is making me. My mom actually did a little dance when I told her. :)

Thanks! Things are a little tight right now, so that'll help. Believe it or not,I don't drink at home... only on cruises!

Nina, I agree that I don't drink any more at home. Of course, I don't drink any less! :D

Nina, I can second that! I'm the official designated driver in our family, but do enjoy adult beverages on the ship. So far none of the ship's captains have asked me to drive the ship so all is good! LOL

Ok I suggest that if you can't drink your second drink maybe you could share? By the way, I prefer Jack Daniels on the rocks!

Looking forward to meeting both of you and spouses on our cruise next Oct! ;)

Dh and me will be right there with you on the Ruby doing this. :D:D

Heck yes! I plan to leave hubby up by our pool chairs and I will run down and get the BOGO, drop it off at the cabin and then head back up to the pool. then will do it at 11 again.

This will be our first Princess cruise. I was wondering if all of the ships have a happy hour and if so, how would we know when and where it is on the ship. We will be on the CB.

Thanks

Claudia

There have been recent reports from several ships saying the BOGO drink special was available. No one knows if this is an experiment or how long if may last. The Princess Patter which lists the daily activities shows the time & location which for me recently on the Royal Princess was at Crooner's Bar from 3 PM to 4 PM and at Club 6 between 11 PM and midnight.

In post #8 it said the BOGO deal was available on the CB.

Edited by Astro Flyer

This will be our first Princess cruise. I was wondering if all of the ships have a happy hour and if so, how would we know when and where it is on the ship. We will be on the CB.

Thanks

Claudia

Check the daily Patters for info on HH (may not be listed) and all the bars should have a sign out about the where & when if they have the HHs. It was on the Grand last month...

Heck yes! I plan to leave hubby up by our pool chairs and I will run down and get the BOGO, drop it off at the cabin and then head back up to the pool. then will do it at 11 again.

... you'll be leaving your hubby by the pool at 11pm ???? :rolleyes:

The "profit is in the pour" meaning Princess will still make money selling at half price for one hour. Think about all the people that will get there early to get a seat and those having a good time and continue the party long after the happy hour is over. Princess is not going to be missing out on any profits. A smart move IMO.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Nina, I agree that I don't drink any more at home. Of course, I don't drink any less! :D

Ok I suggest that if you can't drink your second drink maybe you could share? By the way, I prefer Jack Daniels on the rocks!

Looking forward to meeting both of you and spouses on our cruise next Oct! ;)

I do like Jack on the rocks as well... How many of those on a 28 day cruise??? After 2, I'm done!