New Happy Hour on the Crown

Working 2 Cruise

I know there's a new happy hour... from 3:00 to 4:00, buy one, get one free and from 11:00 p.m. to 12: a.m. in Skywalkers.

My questions are: (1) Where do they hold this for the 3 to 4 p.m.? Also, how does it work? Are the drinks half price or do they bring you two?

We've had a very bad two years, but it seems that the bad times are a almost over, and I'm expecting things to really improve by February but things are still tight right now!

Thanks everyone!

I know there's a new happy hour... from 3:00 to 4:00, buy one, get one free and from 11:00 p.m. to 12: a.m. in Skywalkers.

My questions are: (1) Where do they hold this for the 3 to 4 p.m.? Also, how does it work? Are the drinks half price or do they bring you two?

We've had a very bad two years, but it seems that the bad times are a almost over, and I'm expecting things to really improve by February but things are still tight right now!

Thanks everyone!

It was in the Wheelhouse bar in mid-Oct. It's 2 for 1, so you order what you'd like and get a 2nd free. We ordered a Margarita and got two - pretty nice deal :) If there's no place to sit you can order and take them to go. It gets pretty busy in the afternoon, so go early if you want to sit and relax in the bar.

It was in the Wheelhouse bar in mid-Oct. It's 2 for 1, so you order what you'd like and get a 2nd free. We ordered a Margarita and got two - pretty nice deal :) If there's no place to sit you can order and take them to go. It gets pretty busy in the afternoon, so go early if you want to sit and relax in the bar.

Thanks! Things are a little tight right now, so that'll help. Believe it or not,I don't drink at home... only on cruises!

Thanks! Things are a little tight right now, so that'll help. Believe it or not,I don't drink at home... only on cruises!

Nina, I can second that! I'm the official designated driver in our family, but do enjoy adult beverages on the ship. So far none of the ship's captains have asked me to drive the ship so all is good! LOL

Nina, I can second that! I'm the official designated driver in our family, but do enjoy adult beverages on the ship. So far none of the ship's captains have asked me to drive the ship so all is good! LOL

Good thing we don't have to drive the ship... There's also no way I'm going to get the all inclusive beverage package for our cruise to Tahiti! Yikes!

The BOGO deal was recently available on the Royal Princess: 3:00 to 4:00 in Crooner's and 11:00 to midnight in Club 6.

Hi Frank! How was your cruise?

Anyone have any experience ordering multiples? Say ordering 3 beers and getting 6? Just thinking that if they let you do that it would be a better deal then the "buy 5 get the 6th free"

There was a post a bit ago saying yes that the poster did find that a better deal and he bought several and just didn't have them opened. I'd carry along something to carry them back to the room. ;) Now if I could get them to pour my "extra" wine into an empty bottle..:D

Edited by eandj

We noticed a lot of people bought bottles of beer and got some free. They asked for them to remain unopened. Heck some people brought their princess bag down to transport them back to the cabin!

You get the same drink free. Hubby had Strongbow but I ordered a small bottle of Korbel then asked for only one to be opened then took the other to the cabin for sail ways etc. this worked well for us.

very interesting! what types of beer are available on board?

If I remember correctly, on the Grand last month they at least had Bud, Bud Light, Coors Light, Dos Equis & Grolsch (with the re-sealable flip-top) in bottles and Stella plus some others on tap. I think other ships have pretty much the same selection...

Edited by Av8tor