Just off Anthem

I have just had a weekend on Anthem of the Seas, my first ever experience of Royal Caribbean, my first impressions were that she is very similar to Celebrity Solstice class in style - elegant, with lots of beautiful art installations, etc, but then lots of added 'toys' for kids and growns ups to play with!

Dining - we ate at American Icon and Chic, both meals were excellent, and the restaurant ambience was beautiful too. They are introducing traditional dining to the dynamic dining plan, so if you wish to dine at a set time, on a set table with a set waiter, you can, but heres the twist - you will rotate around the four restaurants allocated for dynamic dining - Chic, Grande, American Icon and Silk. I thought this was a genius idea and am sure will prove very popular.

Entertainment - well, all I can say is WOW!!! The Spectras Cabaret is jaw dropping, we saw it twice it was so good, and they have brought on We will Rock you, in its entirety exactly as it is shown in the west end, we were on our feet by the end with raucous applause - these shows offer fantastic value for your cruise fare in my opinion.

Other notes - my cabin (superior balcony deck 10) was spacious, and very well appointed plenty of storage and a nice bathroom with a good shower. They feel quite wide and can easily sleep three people I would say.

Wifi - they are offering wifi at $20 per day, for two devices, so say I travel with hubby, his phone, and my ipad, thats not bad for at sea connectivity.

Activities - we tried sky diving, and thought that Seaplex, where they have bumper cars, was an amazing use of space, one minute its offering bumper cars, the next, roller skating, disco dancing, circus skills, basketball, etc etc.

I was ver very impressed and now I just need to go back as soon as possible with my whole family!! :)

I have just had a weekend on Anthem of the Seas, my first ever experience of Royal Caribbean, my first impressions were that she is very similar to Celebrity Solstice class in style - elegant, with lots of beautiful art installations, etc, but then lots of added 'toys' for kids and growns ups to play with!

Dining - we ate at American Icon and Chic, both meals were excellent, and the restaurant ambience was beautiful too. They are introducing traditional dining to the dynamic dining plan, so if you wish to dine at a set time, on a set table with a set waiter, you can, but heres the twist - you will rotate around the four restaurants allocated for dynamic dining - Chic, Grande, American Icon and Silk. I thought this was a genius idea and am sure will prove very popular.

Entertainment - well, all I can say is WOW!!! The Spectras Cabaret is jaw dropping, we saw it twice it was so good, and they have brought on We will Rock you, in its entirety exactly as it is shown in the west end, we were on our feet by the end with raucous applause - these shows offer fantastic value for your cruise fare in my opinion.

Other notes - my cabin (superior balcony deck 10) was spacious, and very well appointed plenty of storage and a nice bathroom with a good shower. They feel quite wide and can easily sleep three people I would say.

Wifi - they are offering wifi at $20 per day, for two devices, so say I travel with hubby, his phone, and my ipad, thats not bad for at sea connectivity.

Activities - we tried sky diving, and thought that Seaplex, where they have bumper cars, was an amazing use of space, one minute its offering bumper cars, the next, roller skating, disco dancing, circus skills, basketball, etc etc.

I was ver very impressed and now I just need to go back as soon as possible with my whole family!! :)

Thank you for posting this review. We will be on Anthem in a few weeks and looking forward to this new ship.

I really do feel they have ironed out the 'kinks' yes, they have added over a hundred more dining seats to accommodate the diners and introduced the traditional dining option to placate those who like routine.

I will be posting a blog all about it with photos, shortly - see link below.

I was really impressed to be honest. Anyone with a holiday booked on her should be very excited!

I really do feel they have ironed out the 'kinks' yes, they have added over a hundred more dining seats to accommodate the diners and introduced the traditional dining option to placate those who like routine.

I was really impressed to be honest. Anyone with a holiday booked on her should be very excited!

"Like"!! Glad to hear that :)

Thanks, looking forward to your pictures!

Really, where? Having sailed on Quantum I can't imagine how they managed to squeeze 100 more seats in the existing venues.

Then I guess the genius is at Disney, or NCL. (Never been on either, but I think I do like this concept better than the original Dynamic Dining. (all conjecture on my part)

Then I guess the genius is at Disney, or NCL. (Never been on either, but I think I do like this concept better than the original Dynamic Dining. (all conjecture on my part)

Does NCL do rotational dining? I know Disney does it and I thought they were the one who came up with it. I agree that it's a great idea to keep the traditional cruise dining while having you eat at different venues each night.

Does NCL do rotational dining? I know Disney does it and I thought they were the one who came up with it. I agree that it's a great idea to keep the traditional cruise dining while having you eat at different venues each night.

No, not NCL. Total Freestyle -- no fixed tables, times, servers, or strangers dining with you (unless you want to). :)

Right, so Dynamic Dining 1.0 (that many hated).

That about 50% hated - but they shouted loadest..... Although when everyone thought DD was being canned, the supporters suddenly started speaking up!