Singapore Metro

chloe kitty

I hope someone can help us. How far is the closest metro stop to the dock in Singapore? We have a stop there, and since we have been there before, we would like to take the Metro to Orchard.

Thank you

Less than a mile so approx 10 min. depending on how fast/slow you walk.

I hope someone can help us. How far is the closest metro stop to the dock in Singapore? We have a stop there, and since we have been there before, we would like to take the Metro to Orchard.

Thank you

Which ship? There is the Mariner Bay Cruise Centre or Habourfront Cruise Centre and both are within walking distant.

We are on the Golden Princess. Great to know that it is walking distance.

Thank you.

Do note that not all the trains go to MBCC on the same line (Red line) on your return to the MBCC. Most will end at Marina Bay Station and should the train you take end there, you will have to wait a little longer for the train that will go to Marina South Bay Station. Happy exploring Singapore on the MRT. It can be quite fun. :)

Do note that not all the trains go to MBCC on the same line (Red line) on your return to the MBCC. Most will end at Marina Bay Station and should the train you take end there, you will have to wait a little longer for the train that will go to Marina South Bay Station. Happy exploring Singapore on the MRT. It can be quite fun. :)

Thank you. We did take a train last time that ended at the Marina Bay Station. Didn't know that there was one that went further. Thanks again

And nice and cool.

A couple of times when I've been visiting Singapore and done some sightseeing that left me feeling very hot I've taken the long way back to my local MRT station, just to cool off and relax for a while. It was also an interesting way to see parts of Singapore that I wouldn't normally go through.

I think that MBCC stop is fairly new, I don't recall it being there in 2013 when I was last in Singapore.

It's so easy to get around Singapore by MRT now. Great train system!

And nice and cool.

A couple of times when I've been visiting Singapore and done some sightseeing that left me feeling very hot I've taken the long way back to my local MRT station, just to cool off and relax for a while. It was also an interesting way to see parts of Singapore that I wouldn't normally go through.

Thank you and yes it is fairly new, started operation in November 2014.

I had brought visitors to experience the "above ground" lines and they gave positive feedbacks. Most above ground lines will travel through residential estates. Do get the MRT Card for your transportation, you can use it for boarding the public bus as well. :)

Thank you and yes it is fairly new, started operation in November 2014.

I had brought visitors to experience the "above ground" lines and they gave positive feedbacks. Most above ground lines will travel through residential estates. Do get the MRT Card for your transportation, you can use it for boarding the public bus as well. :)

I've had an MRT card for years ;-).

Thank you

This video shows you how to walk from the Marina Bay Cruise Terminal to the Marina South Pier MRT station. Easy walk and most of it is sheltered too!

[YOUTUBE]-a5WI-KinVQ[/YOUTUBE]

Edited by Iluvcruising2

We did five days pre-cruise in Singapore and loved it. Our hotel was near the Orchard Road MRT (Royal Plaza on Scotts).

We never used the MRT. Taxis are very, very inexpensive in Singapore. Also, we walked a lot. For example, we walked from our hotel to the Botanical Gardens.

We did five days pre-cruise in Singapore and loved it. Our hotel was near the Orchard Road MRT (Royal Plaza on Scotts).

We never used the MRT. Taxis are very, very inexpensive in Singapore. Also, we walked a lot. For example, we walked from our hotel to the Botanical Gardens.

We stayed there last time. Great hotel in a great location.

Since somebody mentioned Royal Plaza on Scotts, here is a video to show you the location of this independent hotel. About a 500M walk from the Orchard MRT station.

[YOUTUBE]EPUXn3coyWE[/YOUTUBE]

Also, the Botanic Gardens, now a UNESCO World Heritage site - https://www.sbg.org.sg/

Here are some videos of the place. Admission is free, other than the Singapore Orchid Garden (located within the main gardens) where there is a fee of $5SGD. Still worth going.

[YOUTUBE]LR35QaorAM4[/YOUTUBE]

Orchid Gardens - walk right into the Orchid VIP gardens where you will see our Orchid diplomacy.

[YOUTUBE]cUA6AkNFQfQ[/YOUTUBE]

For example, this was named after the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.

[YOUTUBE]k1WvUZkFJiU[/YOUTUBE]

Yes...loved that hotel and location...we easily used the MRT two evening's to get to Lau Pa Sat for the night street satay YUMMY and the reason to go back a 2nd night :p