Nightmare parking in miami

tinkr2

Paid in advance to park at the offsite port of Miami port parking, what a mistake. Premiere parking is a joke. Got here at 1140. Still sitting in car one hour later. Haven't even gotten in to the lot yet. One bus running. Spend the money at the pier.

Paid in advance to park at the offsite port of Miami port parking, what a mistake. Premiere parking is a joke. Got here at 1140. Still sitting in car one hour later. Haven't even gotten in to the lot yet. One bus running. Spend the money at the pier.

We made that mistake on our last cruise! Place was a zoo! We saw it was going nowhere and decided to just go to the pier. No one could get into the lot as they were still getting people off buses from the ship! Got a spot in the garage close to the ship, practically walked on. On the return, easy there too ... off the ship, across the street and we were off. Price wasn't bad ... want to say it was like maybe $50 more than what we paid there. While the whole thing was going on I called where I booked online and immediately got a refund to my credit card. Well worth it to just go to the pier. If we can, doubt we'll even sail out of Miami again. Ft. Lauderdale is much better ... think it's Executive and much better! Good Luck!

Though I am sorry you had this difficulty, I am glad you posted! This will save a lot of us from suffering with what you had to. Hope you had a good cruise in spite of this problem.

Cheers!

Which Premiere? Premiere Cruise Parking, or Premiere Ventures Cruise Parking? I've used Premier Cruise Parking on 2nd ave three times. No problems. (Thank God)

Edited by debnjoe1438

So are those of you "in the know" coming to a different conclusion? Is Premiere Parking off 2nd street OK, or should we just stick to the port parking anyway? I have not sailed out of Miami yet, but I want to know what to do when I do. :)

It all depends on your wallet and comfort level. Used Premiere Parking on 2nd ave 3 times with no issues.

$20.00 per day (port) vs less than $10.00 per day (premier)

So are those of you "in the know" coming to a different conclusion? Is Premiere Parking off 2nd street OK, or should we just stick to the port parking anyway? I have not sailed out of Miami yet, but I want to know what to do when I do. :)

No off site parking is safe or okay to use even though some people have had good luck.

Chances are good your shuttle driver is an illegal alien without a valid drivers license.

If you have a nice car, no way would I park outside the port.

So we were the first off the ship at 715 and no bus there yet. We took a taxi to the premiere lot...25 bucks. Got to the lot at 740 and the lot was locked up and deserted. One employee was parking and moved about 10 cars to get ours out. We tipped him 5 bucks. So for all our hassle and trouble, we saved about 60 bucks. I'd park at the port.

And as for which premiere, we were at 8300 NW 7th ave. Bad neighborhood , small lot. They must be the same company as the other street address bc people's cars were there. The police were there as we were leaving our car bc they had lost someone's keys and the car was at another lot. Two sets of police were there bc both the car owners and lot owners had called. The lady was throwing quite a scene.

Someone earlier said they saw how bad the lot was and cancelled and received a credit on their charge. I also tried to do this and was told no. Must cancel 24 hours in advance to get refund.

I parked several times at premier when they had the lot closer to the port. They said they closed that lot and are now at the lot that is miles away. I had the same issue as OP back in MARCH. You would think they would get their act together.

After waiting over an hour in the library lot I saw one shuttle leave empty and come back with returning passengers. There was no hope in sight and none of the employees knew what was going on....

I left and went straight to pier. Dropped off my luggage and pulled in to garage and was on the ship in no time. Hours later I saw people that were waiting with me in the library parking lot to get into premiers lot just getting on the ship....

Lesson learned - it pays to park at the port. It was money well spent.

As for my refund, after several attempts of emailing premier I was never contacted. I had to dispute the charge with my credit card company and got the refund.