Water Tight Cases

sukyrin

What do you do with your S&S card when you are in the pool or hot tub ?

If you used a water tight case which do you recommend ?

Your S&S card is like a hotel room key. Getting it wet will not hurt it. I just put mine in my bathing suit pocket.

We use lanyards - once we get on board, we go to the purser's desk and they punch a hole in the card in a location that doesn't obsure the info or damage the stripe, and we clip the card on a lanyard that we wear around our necks - in the pool / hot tub, whereever. Keeps them handy when we have no pockets.

They sell lanyards on board but only after the ship sails when the shops open, or you can buy them at most dollar stores or party supply stores before you leave.

Just a word about lanyards. They are fine on the ship but it is wise to remember to either take off the lanyard or hide-it when off the ship. Last year, while we were crusing in Europe, we noticed some passengers wearing their lanyards (and cruise cards) in some of the ports. At the time I remarked to DW that this is like having a big neon sign on your head saying, "I am a naive cruise ship traveler...please pick my pocket." Sure enough, that same night we ran into one of those "lanyard people" who told us their DH had his wallet picked right out of his pocket that same day. It might have happened even without the visable lanyard...but it is fruit for thought.

Ha nk

I carry the GSI N Case:

5013010t_v1_m56577569831081089.jpg

It's from Mountain Equipment Coop in Canada, website is mec.ca

I like it because I carry 4 cruise cards and my cc at all times, since the Costa disaster I'll be adding a small piece of paper with our passport serial numbers to it too. I can't keep all that stuff in a bathing suit pocket without it flying all over, so the case is convenient. It comes with a small strap, which I can fit across my body under a shirt, then tuck the case into my waistband so I'm not advertising that I'm a tourist :)

We've been on two cruises now and no problems with leaking. It came swimming with dolphins, to the beach, up pyramids in Belize and it's still going strong!

Archived