Have The Freedom Dry Dock Upgrades Been Announced Yet?

I was just wondering if the Freedom dry dock upgrades have been announced yet? I will be going on that ship in February.

Nothing official from Royal beyond the show Hairspray being installed.

Cabins added to the jogging track on deck 12 forward (jogging track length will essentially be halfed).

The Crypt night club will be replaced with cabins. Night club activities will be moved to the Viking Crown.

MDR will be converted to accommodate Dynamic Dining.

Sabor Mexican eatery added

That's all I can remember. Others will probably recall other things.

All info provided by Capt Olson and hotel manager Rasmussen on our Freedom cruise last week.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Edited by Lokip53

Cabins added to the jogging track on deck 12 forward (jogging track length will essentially be halfed).

The Crypt night club will be replaced with cabins. Night club activities will be moved to the Viking Crown.

Rita's Cantina added

All info provided by Capt Olson and hotel manager Rasmussen on our Freedom cruise last week.

Are you sure about Rita's. I was under the impression it would be Sabor that was recently added to the Navigator.

Are you sure about Rita's. I was under the impression it would be Sabor that was recently added to the Navigator.

You're absolutely right. Posting too quickly. Got the wrong name.

I'll edit my post.

Thanks for the catch

Curious that their deck plans through April 2016 show none of this.

Someone on CC said there would also be Izumi added. We're on FOS in March, and that would be a good add.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Yes,they mentioned Izumi too...

Portofino will become Giovannis.........

Some insides will have the virtual balconies..

Sounds like good news all around -- well, except for more cabins; I think the Freedom class ships have a good public-space-to-private-space ratio. That portion sounds like greed. But I welcome more options in terms of food; while I like the MDR, I do find it dull for more than perhaps three evenings in a week.

I'd like to hear that Freedom is getting a Chef's Table too. We can hope.

So does that mean that the Freedom will have dynamic dining after dry dock? I thought dynamic dining was going to be tested on the Quantum for a while and then added to the Oasis? That would not be much time for dynamic dining to be tested.

Edited by broadwaycam

I'm booked for Feb 15th - one of the first few sailings following dry dock. Are there plans to refurbish cabins/suites?

I'd like to know this too, along with knowing what interior cabins will get virtual balconies.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Sounds like good news all around -- well, except for more cabins; I think the Freedom class ships have a good public-space-to-private-space ratio. That portion sounds like greed. But I welcome more options in terms of food; while I like the MDR, I do find it dull for more than perhaps three evenings in a week.

I'd like to hear that Freedom is getting a Chef's Table too. We can hope.

Freedom already has the Chef's Table. On our 8/10 cruise it was available on Tuesday and Friday night. Five course dinner and wine, limited to two tables, $75 per person.

mac_tlc

So does that mean that the Freedom will have dynamic dining after dry dock? I thought dynamic dining was going to be tested on the Quantum for a while and then added to the Oasis? That would not be much time for dynamic dining to be tested.

That's what they told us during both the C&A events we attended.

That's what they told us during both the C&A events we attended.

It was also confirmed by someone who just disembarked yesterday as well. They had said that initially RCI had wanted to fill in the floors of the dining room on decks 4 and 5 however due to HVAC issues they are not able to do that so the centre opening will remain.